• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

So a guy placed a :takeit: in my sales thread for Deadly Class Eh Variants and edited his post two days later, removing the :takeit:

After I pointed it out to him he said he was getting the same books from a different source. I than shut down that difference source and he said he would make right on the original :takeit:

I don't want to sell books to this guy. Ever.

So I'm assuming that since he said he will pay for the books I can't put him on the PL and have no further recourse?

While he may be a scumbag you don't want to deal with, I don't think it's probation worthy.

If this isn't PL worthy what is?? Why do we even have this list?

It's totally probation worthy. The problem is, there's got to be a way to get off the PL for the guy. That would force Jimmy to take his payment and ship him his books. If he offers to do that and Jimmy refuses he comes off the list. Since Jimmy doesn't want to deal with him, since he's threatened to scam Jimmy, he could put him on the list but then he'd come right off when he offered to pay.

Jimmy's better off not dealing with him at all, and he knows that. He's certainly a wild card but the way the PL list works Jimmy would be forced to deal with him in order to follow the protocol. That's a bad idea for Jimmy.

That's why I said it isn't PL worthy. There's no way for the issue to be resolved. In my personal dealings with 8802, I found him to be a flake, so I am biased.

To me it is worthy, the offended party ( Jimmy ) should not have to suffer because the offender ( 8802 ) has no out.

The offender should have to find another way out, he is in the wrong and should try and get off the list in any way he sees fit if the deal is off.

Apologies and remorse can count as a starting point 2c

Heres my main issue,

Don't people get banned for threats? Don't people get banned for being told they get banned for threats and continue with threats?

So a guy placed a :takeit: in my sales thread for Deadly Class Eh Variants and edited his post two days later, removing the :takeit:

After I pointed it out to him he said he was getting the same books from a different source. I than shut down that difference source and he said he would make right on the original :takeit:

So I'm assuming that since he said he will pay for the books I can't put him on the PL and have no further recourse?

While he may be a scumbag you don't want to deal with, I don't think it's probation worthy.

It's totally probation worthy. The problem is, there's got to be a way to get off the PL for the guy. That would force Jimmy to take his payment and ship him his books. If he offers to do that and Jimmy refuses he comes off the list. Since Jimmy doesn't want to deal with him, since he's threatened to scam Jimmy, he could put him on the list but then he'd come right off when he offered to pay.

Jimmy's better off not dealing with him at all, and he knows that. He's certainly a wild card but the way the PL list works Jimmy would be forced to deal with him in order to follow the protocol. That's a bad idea for Jimmy.

That's why I said it isn't PL worthy. There's no way for the issue to be resolved. In my personal dealings with 8802, I found him to be a flake, so I am biased.

To me it is worthy, the offended party ( Jimmy ) should not have to suffer because the offender ( 8802 ) has no out.

The offender should have to find another way out, he is in the wrong and should try and get off the list in any way he sees fit if the deal is off.

Precisely this. Doesn't have to be complete the transaction but prove they have learned not to be a dumbasshat

Heres my main issue,

Don't people get banned for threats? Don't people get banned for being told they get banned for threats and continue with threats?

I would think it is at least a strike. You would have to PM a Mod and have them look at the PM if it that is where it happened. (shrug)

:news:

Dan and I have reached a deal. I am purchasing the book in a new arrangement that is agreeable to us both.

I would like to publicly apologize to Dan. His integrity as a dealer should not be put into question. His willingness to work with me on this new deal demonstrates he is also a stand up guy.

Personally, I have learned a lot from this ordeal. I will be more careful with future large transaction purchases. I hope my favorite sellers will continue to sell to me. My checks don't bounce !

Thanks for all the insightful discussion. I appreciate the fact that nothing got too personal. Also, Iawyers are now my favorite Boardies (lol).

Thanks everyone. Love these boards.

---Bob

Thank God and glad you two could work it out :applause:

And this. :applause:

Took me most of the day to catch up on what happened but +1 :applause:

Was it a boardie? What was the threat?

I think it was off board (youtube)...but I'm pretty sure it was started because he had too much "white space" in his sig line.

:baiting:

hint hint

I think it was off board (youtube)...but I'm pretty sure it was started because he had too much "white space" in his sig line.

hint hint

He did send me threats on Google+ and youtube, but also the boards.

Invoice me..... I'll make sure the mods see this.

Post one more time on my g+ page that disgusting mess and I will come to your store. You're very easy to find

Than find me.
Not a threat.... Going to
Remember I'm only at Gotham on Tuesdays.

Would hate for you to come by when I'm not there.

Got another address too buddy.
Just remember to bring extra soft lube. My skin is very sensitive.
so you're done now or still going?

My reply has happened and should be really really good when it finally arrives and you realize what is going to happen. Good night buddy lol

lol good luck!

Its ok its going to be worth it, trust me. And I have contacted CGC already, might not workout the way you think its going too.
Edited by Jimmy Linguiniii

The thread where he publicly said almost exact things to me has been locked and "poof"ed.

But still the guy has not been banned. If the decision was subsequently that I deserved this, that is wildly_fanciful_statement.

Whats going on?

whew! Having just read the whole thing, it sounds like an unfortunate situation for both sides. I think I have a pretty good understanding of how both Dan and Bob feel. This in one of those gray area transactions and I think both parties should just walk away and call it a day.

This situation should serve as an object lesson for some of the pitfalls of simply buying a comic based solely on that big number in the upper left corner.

+1

+1 and a awesomeness badge for continuing with my "bust a deal, face the wheel" pic earlier (thumbs u

The thread where he publicly said almost exact things to me has been locked and "poof"ed.

But still the guy has not been banned. If the decision was subsequently that I deserved this, that is wildly_fanciful_statement.

Whats going on?

What do you mean? I thought you crushed him, he asked meekly for his comics and for you to leave him alone, then disappeared for good. is that not what happened?

Whats going on?

What do you mean? I thought you crushed him, he asked meekly for his comics and for you to leave him alone, then disappeared for good. is that not what happened?

That was after I told him the consequences of his actions in PM, WHICH I THOUGHT WAS HAMMER OF BAN, all the while sending him the same picture of that naked guy, that I put on his Google Plus after he started being a turkey.

Whats going on?

That was after I told him the consequences of his actions in PM, WHICH I THOUGHT WAS HAMMER OF BAN, all the while sending him the same picture of that naked guy, that I put on his Google Plus after he started being a turkey.

Right, exactly, you won. Why are we talking about it again, just for fun? Or are you trying to put him on the PL?

Whats going on?

Right, exactly, you won. Why are we talking about it again, just for fun? Or are you trying to put him on the PL?

Why wasn't he banned?

Whats going on?

Why wasn't he banned?

Ah, gotcha. Beats me? I clicked the ban button on his account but I just got a JS error. :sorry:

:news:

Dan and I have reached a deal. I am purchasing the book in a new arrangement that is agreeable to us both.

I would like to publicly apologize to Dan. His integrity as a dealer should not be put into question. His willingness to work with me on this new deal demonstrates he is also a stand up guy.

Personally, I have learned a lot from this ordeal. I will be more careful with future large transaction purchases. I hope my favorite sellers will continue to sell to me. My checks don't bounce !

Thanks for all the insightful discussion. I appreciate the fact that nothing got too personal. Also, Iawyers are now my favorite Boardies (lol).

Thanks everyone. Love these boards.

---Bob

Bob made good on his deal, and that's all I could ask for. If anyone has seen Bob's collection, this book should fit in nicely!

:applause:

Not sure if I need to, but I officially withdraw my request for Bob to be placed on ANY lists, and Thank him for working with me :foryou:

It really is a beautiful book. I am glad you both came to an arrangement. There was no doubt in my mind that two mature adults could work something out. :)

Whats going on?

Why wasn't he banned?

If you haven't PM'd a mod then nobody knows about it, whether you posted it on the boards or not.

Also, if I was you, I wouldn't bother because you may strike the mods as being more trouble than you are worth. You have too many of these stories to play the victim......I know that's your "charm" at work :foryou: ...but I'd drop it lest the ban hammer fall back upon ye.

2c

hint hint

:signfunny: