• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I think this is pretty simple Robocard threw out an offer, (they may have gone back and forth) and a deal was struck. Mkay renegged. Definitely PL worthy. Robocard does have to follow proper procedure though. PM separately stating nomination (though Mkay already does know about it...) and wait 72 hours. I would like to see at a minimum their PM history and if possible the payment.

After reading the marathon JIM 83 posts, I thought I would not be back in the PL thread for a long time; however, I then find that I had a seller back out of an agreed deal so I am nominating Mkay (Ron Murray out of Vegas) to the PL.

Details- On January 29th, Ron sent me a PM with a scan of an ASM 129-9.4. We agreed on a price and he provided his paypal address. I immediately paypaled the money and was surprised to receive a refund email within minutes of the payment.

I tried to PM Ron to find out why; however, he removed himself from the thread and is no longer receiving PMs (from anyone evidently). He only has two posts. I sent a message to his email address (paypal address), but have not received a reply. While I am disappointed, I am more concerned that other Board members may come in contact with him as I originally encountered him in a WTB thread.

Comments/thoughts?

Ed

If your side of the story is true, I would say forgot about it...especially since you got your money back. He looks like a nutjob anyway.

Actually, if Ed's side is accurate I would way Ron has earned a little time in the wringer.

Nut jobs tend to work their way onto the list in a variety of ways. Suggesting Ed just move on isn't a bad idea.

I think Ed should move on, as soon as Ron sends him the difference (via paypal) between the originally accepted offer amount and his ubiquitous $1100 offers.

Even nut jobs don't get to be unjustly enriched.

Really? Why should the loon have to fork over money?

I'll give you a hint. If you google the last 2 words in my last post you'll find the answer.

robocard Online content

Talkative?

Loc: Peoria, Arizona

Ron,

Thanks for getting back to me. Looks like sales all over but most between $1000-1100. For me to be able to resell it at some point, I would have to be at $925 delivered. LMK if that works- I can paypal you asap.

Thanks for the contact.

Ed Robertson- 602-741-9097

Top Edit Edit Reply Reply Quote Quote Quick Reply Quick Reply Quick Quote Quick Quote

Unread By: none

#4912162 - Yesterday at 07:26 PM Re: Ron Murray

Mkay Offline

Just got here

Ed

Yeah I can live with your offer. Really wanted to get $950 but understand

you have to resale my Paypal is lvccf1@yahoo.com

thanks

Ron Murray

I can send the paypal payment and refund as well.

Ed

After reading the marathon JIM 83 posts, I thought I would not be back in the PL thread for a long time; however, I then find that I had a seller back out of an agreed deal so I am nominating Mkay (Ron Murray out of Vegas) to the PL.

Details- On January 29th, Ron sent me a PM with a scan of an ASM 129-9.4. We agreed on a price and he provided his paypal address. I immediately paypaled the money and was surprised to receive a refund email within minutes of the payment.

I tried to PM Ron to find out why; however, he removed himself from the thread and is no longer receiving PMs (from anyone evidently). He only has two posts. I sent a message to his email address (paypal address), but have not received a reply. While I am disappointed, I am more concerned that other Board members may come in contact with him as I originally encountered him in a WTB thread.

Comments/thoughts?

Ed

If your side of the story is true, I would say forgot about it...especially since you got your money back. He looks like a nutjob anyway.

Actually, if Ed's side is accurate I would way Ron has earned a little time in the wringer.

Nut jobs tend to work their way onto the list in a variety of ways. Suggesting Ed just move on isn't a bad idea.

I think Ed should move on, as soon as Ron sends him the difference (via paypal) between the originally accepted offer amount and his ubiquitous $1100 offers.

I'll give you a hint. If you google the last 2 words in my last post you'll find the answer.

How is he enriched if he refunded the money in full?

robocard Online content

Talkative?

Loc: Peoria, Arizona

Ron,

Thanks for getting back to me. Looks like sales all over but most between $1000-1100. For me to be able to resell it at some point, I would have to be at $925 delivered. LMK if that works- I can paypal you asap.

Thanks for the contact.

Ed Robertson- 602-741-9097

Top Edit Edit Reply Reply Quote Quote Quick Reply Quick Reply Quick Quote Quick Quote

Unread By: none

#4912162 - Yesterday at 07:26 PM Re: Ron Murray

Mkay Offline

Just got here

Ed

Yeah I can live with your offer. Really wanted to get $950 but understand

you have to resale my Paypal is lvccf1@yahoo.com

thanks

Ron Murray

I can send the paypal payment and refund as well.

Ed

Depressing. Might as well put the n00b on the list.

Original Transaction

Date Type Status Details Amount

Jan 29, 2014 Payment To Ron Murray RefundedThe seller has refunded this payment in full. Go to the transaction details to see the payment method that was refunded.

The seller has refunded this payment in full. Go to the transaction details to see the payment method that was refunded.

... -$925.00 USD

Related Transactions

Date Type Status Details Amount

Jan 29, 2014 Charge From Credit Card CompletedYour transfer from your credit card to your PayPal account is complete.

Your transfer from your credit card to your PayPal account is complete.

Details $925.00 USD

Jan 29, 2014 Refund Completed Details $925.00 USD

Jan 29, 2014 Credit to Credit Card Completed Details -$925.00 USD

Total: $0.00 USD

Sent to:

Ron Murray (The recipient of this payment is Verified)

Email:

lvccf1@yahoo.com

Amount sent:

-$925.00 USD

Fee amount:

$0.00 USD

Net amount:

-$925.00 USD

Date:

Jan 29, 2014

Time:

18:35:12 PST

Refund came at 18:56:57 PST

Ed

Comments/thoughts?

Ed

Unjust enrichment: 30 second lesson. Seller broke contract to sell at X price and resold at higher price (Y) His breaking the contract allowed him to make more money. Unjust enrichment, courts (at least in NY) say buyer is entitled to that monies.

Robocard: thanks for the post. No question in my mind that this is PL worthy. Please just follow proper protocols and he will be added.

Comments/thoughts?

Ed

Not that it matters, but agreeing to sell to me for $925 and then reneging to sell to someone else at $1100 would seem to fit the definition. I was clear that I intended to sell the book at some point and will no longer be able to while he is out nothing but a little time (and perhaps his reputation).

Comments/thoughts?

Ed

Unjust enrichment: 30 second lesson. Seller broke contract to sell at X price and resold at higher price (Y) His breaking the contract allowed him to make more money. Unjust enrichment, courts (at least in NY) say buyer is entitled to that monies.

Robocard: thanks for the post. No question in my mind that this is PL worthy. Please just follow proper protocols and he will be added.

How would I follow protocol when he evidently has me blocked on PMs and sent me an email to never contact him again?

Comments/thoughts?

Ed

He made a contract at $925.

He got other offers which he may or may not have taken for $1100+

He breaks that contract at $925 to accept one of the larger offers.

By breaching the contract he has made $175+ for himself that he is not entitled to given that , contractually, this is now Ed's book.

Since everyone thinks Ron may be difficult to deal with, asking for specific performance ( follow through with the deal and ship the book as originally promised ) may not work. The other option is to take the finds achieved through breach and give them to Ed being that when it was sold it was contractually his anyway.

It's a pretty basic concept. You can't profit from unethical and tortious acts.

Comments/thoughts?

Ed

Not that it matters, but agreeing to sell to me for $925 and then reneging to sell to someone else at $1100 would seem to fit the definition. I was clear that I intended to sell the book at some point and will no longer be able to while he is out nothing but a little time (and perhaps his reputation).

I agree you're in the right. Still depressing. Put the n00b in the HoS.

Hmm that is a good question.... Can we all agree that the point behind the PM rule is to make the person AWARE and since Mkay is aware, came here and defended himself, that the intent of the PM rule is satisfied and we can just move on to adding him to the list?

Comments/thoughts?

Ed

By breaching the contract he has made $175+ for himself that he is not entitled to given that , contractually, this is now Ed's book.

Since everyone thinks Ron may be difficult to deal with, asking for specific performance ( follow through with the deal and ship the book as originally promised ) may not work. The other option is to take the finds achieved through breach and give them to Ed being that when it was sold it was contractually his anyway.

I understand what you're saying. It just seems so silly to go through all the krap over a couple hundred bucks, especially when the guy is a n00b. Just ban him and be done with it.

Comments/thoughts?

Ed

I understand what you're saying. It just seems so silly to go through all the krap over a couple hundred bucks, especially when the guy is a n00b. Just ban him and be done with it.

That doesn't get ed to an equitable solution and rewards this tortfeasor with cash he's not entitled to. Ron has 3 posts here. Banning him won't bother him and might protect everyone else but Ed isn't where he should equitably be.

Just ban him and be done with it.

To the Island of Lost Toys

Why not. Only 4 posts in and he's shown himself to be nutty and a bit crooked. Do we really want people like that around right from the jump? (shrug)

Hmm that is a good question.... Can we all agree that the point behind the PM rule is to make the person AWARE and since Mkay is aware, came here and defended himself, that the intent of the PM rule is satisfied and we can just move on to adding him to the list?

I'll answer for Speedy-D. His answer is no.