• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Hmm that is a good question.... Can we all agree that the point behind the PM rule is to make the person AWARE and since Mkay is aware, came here and defended himself, that the intent of the PM rule is satisfied and we can just move on to adding him to the list?

I'll answer for Speedy-D. His answer is no.

???

Hmm that is a good question.... Can we all agree that the point behind the PM rule is to make the person AWARE and since Mkay is aware, came here and defended himself, that the intent of the PM rule is satisfied and we can just move on to adding him to the list?

I'll answer for Speedy-D. His answer is no.

???

Sorry. It was an overly familiar joke in poor taste and out of place.

After reading the marathon JIM 83 posts, I thought I would not be back in the PL thread for a long time; however, I then find that I had a seller back out of an agreed deal so I am nominating Mkay (Ron Murray out of Vegas) to the PL.

Details- On January 29th, Ron sent me a PM with a scan of an ASM 129-9.4. We agreed on a price and he provided his paypal address. I immediately paypaled the money and was surprised to receive a refund email within minutes of the payment.

I tried to PM Ron to find out why; however, he removed himself from the thread and is no longer receiving PMs (from anyone evidently). He only has two posts. I sent a message to his email address (paypal address), but have not received a reply. While I am disappointed, I am more concerned that other Board members may come in contact with him as I originally encountered him in a WTB thread.

Comments/thoughts?

Ed

If your side of the story is true, I would say forgot about it...especially since you got your money back. He looks like a nutjob anyway.

Actually, if Ed's side is accurate I would way Ron has earned a little time in the wringer.

Nut jobs tend to work their way onto the list in a variety of ways. Suggesting Ed just move on isn't a bad idea.

I think Ed should move on, as soon as Ron sends him the difference (via paypal) between the originally accepted offer amount and his ubiquitous $1100 offers.

Even nut jobs don't get to be unjustly enriched.

Really? Why should the loon have to fork over money?

I'll give you a hint. If you google the last 2 words in my last post you'll find the answer.

How is he enriched if he refunded the money in full?

He made a contract at $925.

He got other offers which he may or may not have taken for $1100+

He breaks that contract at $925 to accept one of the larger offers.

By breaching the contract he has made $175+ for himself that he is not entitled to given that , contractually, this is now Ed's book.

Since everyone thinks Ron may be difficult to deal with, asking for specific performance ( follow through with the deal and ship the book as originally promised ) may not work. The other option is to take the finds achieved through breach and give them to Ed being that when it was sold it was contractually his anyway.

It's a pretty basic concept. You can't profit from unethical and tortious acts.

:roflmao: hey insufficiently_thoughtful_person do you really think I would give this clown my money????

go ahead and put me on your sissy list I could give a rats

You sound like a real stand up guy.

Or the usual internet windbag.

Wow - the one post got poofed quickly... too bad the poster isn't out just as fast.

See you in a week, maybe, Mkay!

:)

What happened leading to the threats?

Nothing - the guy is having a true meltdown, it seems.

BTW - I have the poofed post stashed away as a picture on my comp, just in case.

;)

So he will be gone by end of night due to some of those threats posted?

6j3zc.jpg

I don't think the night-mods have ban powers. Looks like it will have to wait for morning.

Lets see how he sells stuff here while taking a week's vacation!

:lol:

-slym

When are the usual suspects going to come in and defend this guy?

:popcorn:

Whomever they may be, I think even they are smart enough to know not to jump in here.

:grin:

-slym

I can't share my opinion until the CGC notes are posted.

:acclaim:

I don't think the mods are going to ban him for this, and they have that power, not us.

So, PL with no way for restitution, or overkill on the HoS...

hm

-slym

Definitely PL not HoS. There are plenty of ways for restitution. Complete the deal, pay the difference between what he sells the book for and what Ed would have paid for it, make a charitable donation in an amount he and Ed agree to to an agreed upon charity, (I count 3 ways for restitution.)

Why bother at this point. With his attitude towards the situation shows me that he will add nothing to this community.

Easy - PL

Folks I humbly request that we take this thread somewhere else and let things simmer down. I've already requested the mods to clean up the pl list. Thanks everyone

Don't be such a killjoy (tsk)