• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I am just not giving up hope that he learned something from all of his screw ups. There have to have been some members through the years who screwed up and then learned from there mistakes and became good, contributing members to the community. (shrug)

I think your desire is with the best intentions. And I very much respect that.

But if his buyer misstep was over a year ago and his seller misstep was only a few months ago, does it appear anything was learned from one situation to the next? Or, is it learning how to get better at working around the missteps.

That's the challenge to figure out. But it is a great thing to want to see the positive in most folks.

I am just not giving up hope that he learned something from all of his screw ups. There have to have been some members through the years who screwed up and then learned from there mistakes and became good, contributing members to the community. (shrug)

I think your desire is with the best intentions. And I very much respect that.

But if his buyer misstep was over a year ago and his seller misstep was only a few months ago, does it appear anything was learned from one situation to the next? Or, is it learning how to get better at working around the missteps.

That's the challenge to figure out. But is a great thing to want to see the positive in most folks.

Tree hugger!!! How's your girlfriend, the tree??

Who are you referring to?

Symbiotic. Justin's reforming his rep on the boards.

Someone posted the :takeit: for a book, then Symbiotic replied "sorry another boardie and I made a deal". Isn't that not how it works? Doesn't the :takeit: sign trump all PM's? I'm still learning.

Before yesterday did we know that an effort was made with Kevin & some sort of "make it right" gesture was accepted by Bosco on his NM 98?

(shrug)

It's a more positive effort than others have taken.

2c

2i2ap7a.jpg

I'm not reforming his rep. I'm putting the onus on HIM to do that. :baiting: I'm just saying I'm going to :popcorn:, watch and hope he learned something, I just wanted to give him a chance to prove he has. If he hasn't, I'll gladly jump in the 2cdaic5.gif with you.

Exactly. I really try to pay attention to my interests and be fair in my dealings. I've seen many books I thought were fantastic deals turn into complete shills...

Case in point, saw a Sandman #1 with apparent Gaiman sig and sketch(He highlighted the eyes in pen) and the phrase "Sweet dreams" on the cover.

Pretty damn cool....but the bonus was the Kieth signature on the SECOND page, IDENTICAL to his sig on the covers of The Maxx series. Anyone who collects Keith knows he does not sign his books that way. Went into discussion with the seller about where they obtained the books. Reply was, " Some yard sale a week ago".

???

Why would this be a red flag? I own a stack of books signed by Kieth where he used his artist signature ...

Pics

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=18110&GSub=870

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=18109&GSub=870

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=18108&GSub=870

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=12685&GSub=870

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=19144&GSub=868

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=19143&GSub=868

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=16897&GSub=868

It's much rarer to see a Kieth CGC SS book where he didn't sign with his artist signature.

Before yesterday did we know that an effort was made with Kevin & some sort of "make it right" gesture was accepted by Bosco on his NM 98?

(shrug)

2c

I always admire people who try to make right after they've done wrong....especially after they've been caught red handed...

I don't care

Quite funny really,just don't biotch when you ever get screwed over by someone.

Would Jimmy still have the right though to biotch if he did NOT get his books?

Nominate for PL too?

Yes.

A moment of silence for the death of the PL. It's a slow death.

I'd post "This is the end" by the Doors if I knew how. lol

gangsta-lean-pour-liquor_o_gifsoup-com.gif

It's so haaaaaard.

To say goodbyyyyeee.

To yesterdayyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeee!

(shrug)

2c

I always admire people who try to make right after they've done wrong....especially after they've been caught red handed...

:eyeroll: Yeah right.

I'm just saying that more clarity on Symbiotic's efforts came from this discussion, I don't think I'm prepared to spend my money but I'm not going to pile on someone who chooses to.

Since "we" don't have a third list of non-PL/HOS dirtbags or a fourth list of those who would do business with PL/HOS or a fifth list of those who would do business with someone who was almost a PL/HOS....etc...

All we have is information & updates from members to keep track of these borderline people. His efforts seem better than a few others here that are either on or close to getting on the PL/HOS list.

I don't care

Nominate for PL too?

Yes.

Nope. I'm sure that wouldn't stop him from moaning about it, though.

I don't care

Nominate for PL too?

Yes.

Nope. I'm sure that wouldn't stop him from moaning about it, though.

Oh so, new rule? You can no longer nominate to the PL? Good to know.