• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I think he is laying low since his shilling was discovered and he took a (deserved) beating. Hasn't posted since 1/23/2014. Which is a VERY long time for him. I hope you are made whole Dale.

Doesn't look good.

Dale, If you don't mind me asking, how long ago was the transaction? He got caught shilling (great job Joe) and then reset his bids and someone won a cgc'd book for .99+shipping and he refused to send so he got negged. Got raked over in General for it and has been gone ever since. I REALLY don't want to see you get burned, you're always so nice to me at NYCC :(

I think I sent the invoice about January 8th. He has been pretty straight forward all along, that he needed to sell some stuff before he sent payment, and that's fine. He asked me to give him a couple of weeks and that's fine too. Just hope he comes through.

I intend to give him every shot to make it right.

:news::news::news::news:

HALL OF SHAME / PROBATION LIST

:news::news::news::news:

I've attached links to all names (except JMG - can't find? (shrug) )

Big :golfclap: to jaybuck43 (worship) who helped me out tremendously with the Probation List portion! :headbang:

Congrats on the hard work! Much appreciated :applause:

Exactly. I really try to pay attention to my interests and be fair in my dealings. I've seen many books I thought were fantastic deals turn into complete shills...

Case in point, saw a Sandman #1 with apparent Gaiman sig and sketch(He highlighted the eyes in pen) and the phrase "Sweet dreams" on the cover.

Pretty damn cool....but the bonus was the Kieth signature on the SECOND page, IDENTICAL to his sig on the covers of The Maxx series. Anyone who collects Keith knows he does not sign his books that way. Went into discussion with the seller about where they obtained the books. Reply was, " Some yard sale a week ago".

???

Why would this be a red flag? I own a stack of books signed by Kieth where he used his artist signature ...

Glad you brought this up CGC. I have been watching that thread for a couple of days and people are falling over themselves to buy his books. I was surprised by a couple of the buyers that I thought would know better. There was one item I would have like to buy but refused solely on principle. Some things are more important than a "good deal."

Can't wait for the complaint and whining threads. :popcorn:

If they show up complaining, I will not feel sorry for them. Pasta Boy should know better since he already had one or two incidents this past week with other sellers.

are we talking about the ASM 300 chrome that paypal is giving me the money back for that I paid for because I didn't want to renag on an offer?

Or are we talking about the hotel I was at last night and the three burly gentlemen who were not discussed in the original ad?

Glad you brought this up CGC. I have been watching that thread for a couple of days and people are falling over themselves to buy his books. I was surprised by a couple of the buyers that I thought would know better. There was one item I would have like to buy but refused solely on principle. Some things are more important than a "good deal."

If they show up complaining, I will not feel sorry for them. Pasta Boy should know better since he already had one or two incidents this past week with other sellers.

are we talking about the ASM 300 chrome that paypal is giving me the money back for that I paid for because I didn't want to renag on an offer?

Or are we talking about the hotel I was at last night and the three burly gentlemen who were not discussed in the original ad?

No Alex, we're talking about buying from Symbiotic. With his past record concerning selling, shipping, and shilling, I just hope you don't get burned by this clown.

Jimmy, I think it is obvious. The hotel with the three burly gentlemen of course!!

Honestly though, I understand that you are protected through PP, and most likely he will send you the book as described and all that. We are speaking solely about the principal of the matter.

I'm only going to go back three pages to understand what you guys are talking about.

But - I dealt with the guy before the "scandal" selling him books. I have the upmost confidence in him, even though other people might let past mistakes scew there perceptions, I can't say no to a good deal!