• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Kindle joined the AF15 club on 12/21/13 with a 2.0 OW/W .

LINK

Pics are gone. Was it the same book?

Ah, so he may have been the buyer of the eBay book, not the seller?

Right. The eBay book was sold on 12/11/13.

Ok. I misunderstood. I thought the OP was indicating that after having sold the book on eBay he attempted to sell it again on the boards.

Marc included in the PM to me that he was refunded by the Post Office (evidently as evidence of his story). The problem is that here is the information from the tracking he provided- note the $100 value (my order was almost $10k).

Product & Tracking Information

Postal Product:

Priority Mail Express 2-Day™

Features:

$100 insurance included

Insured

PO to Addressee

Date & Time

Status of Item

January 14, 2014

Electronic Shipping Info Received

LINK

I wonder if he was talking about this book in this thread.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=322220&Number=7229345#Post7229345

LINK

It was that same book but Kindle's images were taken with a different camera and different background setting which leads me to believe he was the buyer in the eBay sale.

So it sounds like he may have used you two guys as a temporary $10K+ loan at 0% interest for some other item he was purchasing.

:idea:

LINK

It was that same book but Kindle's images were taken with a different camera and different background setting which leads me to believe he was the buyer in the eBay sale.

So it sounds like he may have used you two guys as a temporary $10K+ loan at 0% interest for some other item he was purchasing.

I wonder how Paypal will feel about funding the loan?

LINK

I wonder if he was talking about this book in this thread.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=322220&Number=7229345#Post7229345

Very likely. The timing is in line with the purchase.

So what's the end game of this?

How does the seller benefit having two books "lost"?

My guess has been that since he took the money out of his paypal account, he keeps the money and Paypal makes good on the refunds. He keeps any books he actually had and may or may not have received a loss claim from the Post Office. As I posted earlier, he only insured my package for $100 so I doubt he actually filed a claim through them.

Maybe, Pulls the cash out and leaves paypal on the hook when buyers complain of no delivery. (shrug)

He pockets almost 15k total counting the over "books" he sold. Never delivers any books I guess.

Is this PL or HOS? (shrug)

These guys want HOS, and I'm inclined to agree since it apparently involved multiple people with intent to deceive.

We haven't heard Kindle's side of this, but I don't think we probably will given his response through PM.

Edited by Ditch Fahrenheit

Maybe, Pulls the cash out and leaves paypal on the hook when buyers complain of no delivery. (shrug)

He pockets almost 15k total counting the over "books" he sold. Never delivers any books I guess.

That is my hypothesis.

My guess has been that since he took the money out of his paypal account, he keeps the money and Paypal makes good on the refunds. He keeps any books he actually had and may or may not have received a loss claim from the Post Office. As I posted earlier, he only insured my package for $100 so I doubt he actually filed a claim through them.

Has anyone ever heard of a five figure usps insurance claim being paid in a week or two?

Yes, once someone pulls the money out of their Paypal account, Paypal no longer has access to it. They can't just charge the cards or debit the bank account on file to reclaim the loss. They can only pursue it via their collections department or through court.

Is this PL or HOS? (shrug)

These guys want HOS, and I'm inclined to agree since it apparently involved multiple people with intent to deceive.

I did not think PL worked since there would not be any remedy but HOS seems very appropriate.

Has anyone ever heard of a five figure usps insurance claim being paid in a week or two?

I pasted earlier that he only insured my package for $100.

He told me he sold two different Af15s, my reply was "You sold the same book to both of us; not two different ones".

To which I received this reply and then he removed himself from the topic-

"okay old lady go away you are really just some old *spoon* hole "

My turn- :popcorn:

So he never answered how he planned on delivering the same slab, with the same serial number , to two different people simultaneously, huh?

That's some David Copperfield Statue of Liberty disappearing type stuff.

Or that's what the Electronic info said.

I just meant that , even if he did insure it for the full amount, there's no way they are paying out 10k in two weeks like this.

He told me he sold two different Af15s, my reply was "You sold the same book to both of us; not two different ones".

To which I received this reply and then he removed himself from the topic-

"okay old lady go away you are really just some old *spoon* hole "

My turn- :popcorn:

So he never answered how he planned on delivering the same slab, with the same serial number , to two different people simultaneously, huh?

That's some David Copperfield Statue of Liberty disappearing type stuff.

^^

He tried the " I sold two different books" first and then decided to disappear.