• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Isn't this thread for discussing the PL and HoS, and the General thread for discussing active sales threads?

Naw Ryan this thread is supposed to be for dealing with nominations only (and removals) that's why the general discussion thread exists as well to allow for discussion of all other things including the success or failure of the pl/HoS.

Hammerhead glad that things are being resolved! Always happy when someone comes off the list. If you haven't been removed by the time I get into the office I'll make sure you come off. I hope things pick up for you soon. All the best.

Isn't this thread for discussing the PL and HoS, and the General thread for discussing active sales threads?

Naw Ryan this thread is supposed to be for dealing with nominations only (and removals) that's why the general discussion thread exists as well to allow for discussion of all other things including the success or failure of the pl/HoS.

Hammerhead glad that things are being resolved! Always happy when someone comes off the list. If you haven't been removed by the time I get into the office I'll make sure you come off. I hope things pick up for you soon. All the best.

Your intention is solid. But I would say it is very easy to get off topic for a little bit. Even you have posted in here to talk about Sharon being the only one to have a purple image to alert people someone is on the PL/HOS. That had nothing to do with an actual PL/HOS case - right?

It's okay. The thread gets back on track after people get it out of their system. It always does.

:foryou:

"Venom" has made things right with me. Currently Under a different name and tried to reach out to me but when I was trying to reply I click remove from topic so he didn't get my response. doh! (was on my iphone and fat fingers)

I believe name is Fredirck Dean so if you see this send me another pm please. Anyways he has made full restitution with me. Thank you.... but I believe there were several others around that time frame that needed restitution. I think this was like 3-4 months ago???

4) Removal From The PL

a) If the accuser requests the accused be removed form the PL, the accused will be removed.

b) If the accused makes full restitution to the satisfaction of the accuser, the accused will be removed from the PL.

c) If multiple accusers are involved, and full restitution is satisfactorily made to all accusers, the accused will be removed from the PL.

"Venom" has made things right with me. Currently Under a different name and tried to reach out to me but when I was trying to reply I click remove from topic so he didn't get my response. doh! (was on my iphone and fat fingers)

I believe name is Fredirck Dean so if you see this send me another pm please. Anyways he has made full restitution with me. Thank you.... but I believe there were several others around that time frame that needed restitution. I think this was like 3-4 months ago???

4) Removal From The PL

a) If the accuser requests the accused be removed form the PL, the accused will be removed.

b) If the accused makes full restitution to the satisfaction of the accuser, the accused will be removed from the PL.

c) If multiple accusers are involved, and full restitution is satisfactorily made to all accusers, the accused will be removed from the PL.

Sent PM. Sending Taco a PM as well.

Scenario - a purchase is made in a seller's sales thread and paid for on the same day. This is a long-time and reputable seller.

A couple of weeks pass and no books but the seller starts another (or adds to the same sales thread).

Buyer sends seller a PM asking about the books and is told they have not yet shipped. Buyer adds more books to the original purchase since the first batch is still unshipped and can save on shipping. Again, buyer pays immediately after purchase.

Another couple of weeks pass and still no books. Buyer sends PM and is told books still haven't shipped because of some health issues.

Just curious, does the PL clock restart since more books were added to the original purchase or not?

Just curious, does the PL clock restart since more books were added to the original purchase or not?

Hey Jeff.

:hi:

I think in this situation because each time the buyer agreed with extending the shipment so as to add more books, then the terms were mutually changed.

I know there are some sellers that conduct huge sales threads, and try and ship everything at the end. I've bought from folks like this before. But they will tell you to hold off on payment if you like until they are ready to ship. At least tell a buyer there will be a delay.

Hey Jeff.

:hi:

I think in this situation because each time the buyer agreed with extending the shipment so as to add more books, then the terms were mutually changed.

I know there are some sellers that conduct huge sales threads, and try and ship everything at the end. I've bought from folks like this before. But they will tell you to hold off on payment if you like until they are ready to ship. At least tell a buyer there will be a delay.

Hi Nick and thanks :foryou:

Not sure if this makes any difference. The seller sent an invoice after the first sales thread/purchases. There was no indication of any future sales. Again, the invoice was paid immediately.

The buyer sent the first follow-up PM (a couple of weeks after purchase) after noticing the seller started selling more books.

I agree the buyer agreed to add more books to the initial purchase so I guess that does make sense that the clock would start at that point but there was an initial invoice for the first set of books which was paid immediately after receipt.

I never understand why sellers wait weeks to ship. Sellers should ship when payment is made, not weeks afterwards. A few days is understandable, but unless the seller was communicating with the buyer and there was an agreement to wait, the first incident should trigger something.

I hope the seller is OK, but they should at least offer a refund, the buyer can pay them again when the seller can ship.

Except in cases of emergency (and the seller should explain that if there is one) this should be SOP.

The 30 day trigger for the PL, was never meant to indicate that it's OK to wait to ship.

Unfortunately we have LONG time sellers who take advantage and we have some very nice buyers who just say "OK" because they don't want to look like a bad person.

Sounds like "some random seller". Sometimes he's selling on consignment so the books aren't in hand. Once the sales are made, he'll retrieve the books and then try to ship all at once. I've bought from him several times, and I just know that when buying from him, the books usually take a while. But you will get them, at good prices, and fairly graded.

Edited by DavidTheDavid

I don't know that it's him, and if it is, he's not the only one. We've had some BIG time sellers not ship, sometimes for months. Then they have cited the 30 day rule.

It's just common courtesy, someone sends you funds, send them what they bought.

If Amazon did this everyone would be on the phone calling customer service.

Even on eBay you must ship immediately. I know everyone complains about them, but at least they have a clue about customer service issues. They might not have great reps who can SOLVE them, but they have the right idea;)

I never understand why sellers wait weeks to ship. Sellers should ship when payment is made, not weeks afterwards. A few days is understandable, but unless the seller was communicating with the buyer and there was an agreement to wait, the first incident should trigger something.

I hope the seller is OK, but they should at least offer a refund, the buyer can pay them again when the seller can ship.

Except in cases of emergency (and the seller should explain that if there is one) this should be SOP.

The 30 day trigger for the PL, was never meant to indicate that it's OK to wait to ship.

Unfortunately we have LONG time sellers who take advantage and we have some very nice buyers who just say "OK" because they don't want to look like a bad person.

There are many sellers here that state upfront in their sales threads that they will not be able to ship for several weeks. I always wonder: Why not wait to start the sales thread then?

There are many sellers here that state upfront in their sales threads that they will not be able to ship for several weeks. I always wonder: Why not wait to start the sales thread then?

Same thing with pictures...if you don't have time to take a picture, start the sales thread when you DO.

Sales should be a joint project, you and the buyer...not just you as the seller.

I may have a lot of feedback on eBay and here, but my main focus was always shopping, lol. I don't claim to be an expert on much, but I'm an expert at shopping;)

I think common sense would would dictate that once a seller sends out an invoice there is a clock for the seller to send out the books once receiving payment. Quick payments deserve quick shipments (slower payments deserve quick shipments as well).

I think common sense would would dictate that once a seller sends out an invoice there is a clock for the seller to send out the books once receiving payment. Quick payments deserve quick shipments (slower payments deserve quick shipments as well).

Totally agree on common decency in that if someone pays fast, it would be the right thing to match that level of respect and ship fast.

Scenario - a purchase is made in a seller's sales thread and paid for on the same day. This is a long-time and reputable seller.

A couple of weeks pass and no books but the seller starts another (or adds to the same sales thread).

Buyer sends seller a PM asking about the books and is told they have not yet shipped. Buyer adds more books to the original purchase since the first batch is still unshipped and can save on shipping. Again, buyer pays immediately after purchase.

Another couple of weeks pass and still no books. Buyer sends PM and is told books still haven't shipped because of some health issues.

But each time the buyer realized a new round of books were delayed, that person added more books from the next sales thread.

The seller didn't do the right thing in shipping out the books in a reasonable time. But the buyer taking advantage of the delay by adding more books from a new sales thread - though they really should have been treated better - in his own way was agreeing to new shipping time terms with the next order.

It may have been better to make it clear to the seller with the first order how disappointed he was with the extended delay.