• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I am surprised anyone on the boards supports having this guy stay a seller on here. Apparently as long as Symbi keeps offering good books, he can shill and manipulate all he wants. Personally I stopped buying from him (before all of the bad stuff came out) when he made a comment to me about making sure I make the Pay Pal personal or pay the fees in the future even though it was not in the sales thread anywhere.

You're missing the point.

The HoS is reserved for the worst of the worst - the professional scammers, scumbags, liars & cheats. Some dude shilling his eBay auctions just doesn't compare to Alleybat (who started threatening peoples' families) or ComicSupply (who took a ton of peoples' money & never shipped nor refunded anything).

Symbiotic has, through his actions, made sure his name is mud around here - but, in comparison to the who's who of douchenozzles who inhabit that particular list, his infractions are relatively minor. Adding him to the HoS isn't going to change a thing apart from diluting the purpose of the Hall of Shame.

People seem to be treating the HoS like it's their own personal do-not-buy-from list - "oh, a seller didn't package my books correctly, put him in the HoS!". That was never it's purpose.

It could be that a lot of people weren't around for any of the previous infractions from these other Boardies. I mean, it sounds lame, but perhaps a brief sentence or two describing what people are in the HOS for (yes, there are links, but let's face it - in the time of flaming internet judgment, no one clicks links).

If people knew what the previous HOS members did, it may provide a small hurdle for them to consider before jumping to an knee-jerk nomination.

I am surprised anyone on the boards supports having this guy stay a seller on here. Apparently as long as Symbi keeps offering good books, he can shill and manipulate all he wants. Personally I stopped buying from him (before all of the bad stuff came out) when he made a comment to me about making sure I make the Pay Pal personal or pay the fees in the future even though it was not in the sales thread anywhere.

The HoS is reserved for the worst of the worst - the professional scammers, scumbags, liars & cheats. Some dude shilling his eBay auctions just doesn't compare to Alleybat (who started threatening peoples' families) or ComicSupply (who took a ton of peoples' money & never shipped nor refunded anything).

Symbiotic has, through his actions, made sure his name is mud around here - but, in comparison to the who's who of douchenozzles who inhabit that particular list, his infractions are relatively minor. Adding him to the HoS isn't going to change a thing apart from diluting the purpose of the Hall of Shame.

People seem to be treating the HoS like it's their own personal do-not-buy-from list - "oh, a seller didn't package my books correctly, put him in the HoS!". That was never it's purpose.

It could be that a lot of people weren't around for any of the previous infractions from these other Boardies. I mean, it sounds lame, but perhaps a brief sentence or two describing what people are in the HOS for (yes, there are links, but let's face it - in the time of flaming internet judgment, no one clicks links).

If people knew what the previous HOS members did, it may provide a small hurdle for them to consider before jumping to an knee-jerk nomination.

Oh oh I know this one! Posting pictures of balls in threads is a one way ticket!

Oh oh I know this one! Posting pictures of balls in threads is a one way ticket!

lol

That was pretty hilarious. I consider myself lucky do have witnessed Dognutsgate.

everyone keeps saying that HOS is reserved for the worst of the worst but looking just at the HOS members added in 2013, it seems to not match that description.

granted some of the things solarcadet and gijoe did were horrible, but does it really compare to thomas neely, redrocks or beerbohm?

I'm not suggesting even for a minute that anyone should be taken off that list. Just trying to understand how some people have the impression of what that lists really consists of.

everyone keeps saying that HOS is reserved for the worst of the worst but looking just at the HOS members added in 2013, it seems to not match that description.

granted some of the things solarcadet and gijoe did were horrible, but does it really compare to thomas neely, redrocks or beerbohm?

I'm not suggesting even for a minute that anyone should be taken off that list. Just trying to understand how some people have the impression of what that lists really consists of.

Agreed, this is why I voted no. I just know that I will not purchase anything from him.

The list is already losing its integrity. Some of us are simply trying to stop the erosion. At the end of the day it seems the need for vengeance is winning out. I would guess it is noob voting but with the anonymous system who knows.

Agreed, this is why I voted no. I just know that I will not purchase anything from him.

The list is already losing its integrity. Some of us are simply trying to stop the erosion. At the end of the day it seems the need for vengeance is winning out. I would guess it is noob voting but with the anonymous system who knows.

thank you both for responding. I understand now.

However doesn't it seem ironic that you are trying to maintain the integrity of a list about folks who seem to lack it? ;)

:gossip: There are a lot of people around here who shill their auctions.

Really? That's unfortunate to hear. I know some people might not see it this way but to me shiller = scammer.

Since Oceanavekid does not wish to fulfill his obligation as a seller I am nominating him for the probation list. The 30 days no longer applies since he has refused to proceed. A PM has been sent outlining the nomination and includes Jawn. I assume Jawn needs to post here to start the clock.

Actually, wouldn't this waive the 72 hour waiting period? hm Seller admits he's not going to honor a sale that occurred in an open sales thread?

He posted in this thread that he would take it at your price. (shrug)

Look again at the pm I said it was too low at the asking price and was holding on to it

And he still goes for it

Like I said that could be considered strike worthy since I didn't take it off the boards before I posted it somewhere else. That's my bad I told him no at that price and he still insists on going for it. I realize I was giving the book away at that price that's why I didn't take any of his offers when he PMED me.

Is the price difference between $110 (your listed board price) & the price you'll get on Ebay worth never selling on here again?

I think you need to ask yourself that question. :foryou:

If you really want to put me on the probation list or hos for not taking a book down after I told him on than by all means do it

When you tell somebody no it should be enough. All I'm guilty of is telling him no and not taking the book down right after then looking at Colombia comics eBay and selling what he had it listed for and how many offers he was getting

So I listed my copy. Had I taken the book down I'm sure he would still say I sold it to him in that pm because I said no and he still said he would take it at $110 he knew I said no I wanted to keep it and he still went for it. Do what you have to do. Nothing else I can say

i lied in a joke about my fathers death. Im not a dealer and never stole a dollar or never shilled anyone.

I dont want lock horns with anyone. Ive made peace everyone that i could...

i lied in a joke about my fathers death. Im not a dealer and never stole a dollar or never shilled anyone.

I think the only reason you're there is because you want to be.

I think the only reason you're there is because you want to be.

the HOS never changed anything. i still sell and buy from various boardies

im 100% seller/buyer on ebay with 600+ transactions

to each is to their own. The only way to stop these things like Symbi is close out the public sales and do them all private.

Actually, wouldn't this waive the 72 hour waiting period? hm Seller admits he's not going to honor a sale that occurred in an open sales thread?

He posted in this thread that he would take it at your price. (shrug)

Look again at the pm I said it was too low at the asking price and was holding on to it

And he still goes for it

Like I said that could be considered strike worthy since I didn't take it off the boards before I posted it somewhere else. That's my bad I told him no at that price and he still insists on going for it. I realize I was giving the book away at that price that's why I didn't take any of his offers when he PMED me.

Is the price difference between $110 (your listed board price) & the price you'll get on Ebay worth never selling on here again?

I think you need to ask yourself that question. :foryou:

If you really want to put me on the probation list or hos for not taking a book down after I told him on than by all means do it

When you tell somebody no it should be enough. All I'm guilty of is telling him no and not taking the book down right after then looking at Colombia comics eBay and selling what he had it listed for and how many offers he was getting

So I listed my copy. Had I taken the book down I'm sure he would still say I sold it to him in that pm because I said no and he still said he would take it at $110 he knew I said no I wanted to keep it and he still went for it. Do what you have to do. Nothing else I can say

There's a lot of open sales threads out there Justin. I mean a LOT. :whistle:

xxx ooo

Rupp