• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Only the mods can stop me if I break rules. I'm here to stay and follow all rules and keep sourcing books.

Channeling previously banned members is a wonderful strategy.

Keep up the good work.

It's Deja Vu all over again;)

If he orders the Creme Brulee, and grows out his bangs, I'm calling shenanigans.

I read:

"Try to make me stop posting. Just try..."

Only the mods can stop me if I break rules. I'm here to stay and follow all rules and keep sourcing books.

Keep up the good work.

If he orders the Creme Brulee, and grows out his bangs, I'm calling shenanigans.

And Bellman?

I'm not Cal, I don't normally make phone calls to CGC, but if your attitude continues, I'm going to solicit people to join me in making them.

Skypinkblu,

Not trying to show a bad attitude. Im only stating I'm not stealing, shilling, or publicly selling.

I network on the boards to complete sets by selling, buying, and trading.

My apologies if I offended you and others.

I want to preface this with the fact that I have the utmost respect for SPB, I think we all do, because of her insightful posts and even nature.

This however outlines a point I made earlier about voting while everyone is heated about a subject.

This is from today:

Lying about your father dying...well, that's just plain juvenile and sad. It is not however, HOS material. I won't buy from that person because of his actions, but he belongs in the "cooler" not death row.

This is from January after I started a poll to remove SC from the HOS:

Since Hall of Shame is the best we can do under these circumstances and we don't have another place where you can stand in the corner till you grow up...I'm going to vote that you stay in the Hall of Shame.

Again, I'm not attacking or bashing SkyPinkBlue in any way. She's just an example of how our views change when we digest a topic and react without all that "rrrrrrrrrrrr" going on in our minds.

You are absolutely right. Truth is, I've had a lot of stuff going on lately (nothing bad, I'm in the middle of moving )and I didn't remember the whole scenario from before. I should have done some research before I posted again.

I was on the fence before, but he pushed me over. I was on the fence again because I just didn't remember all the facts, but his continual flaunting of the opinions of the community have just shown me that he really does not deserve any leniency. Unfortunately, I think the flaunting is even worse than the original acts.

Again, I'm not trying to single you out.

It was just interesting how moods or opinions soften. I can also see how the negative thoughts or opinions rise again when they're back in the forefront of your mind.

:(

No, it's OK, I'm far from perfect, lol. I was never angry about him, sometimes there is no perfect answer it's an on the fence thing. That's why it's a good thing we have votes and not one person making these decisions. :foryou:

I'm not Cal, I don't normally make phone calls to CGC, but if your attitude continues, I'm going to solicit people to join me in making them.

Skypinkblu,

Not trying to show a bad attitude. Im only stating I'm not stealing, shilling, or other publicly selling.

I network on the boards to complete sets by selling, buying, and trading.

My apologies if I offended you and others.

You were not acting in good faith. When you told an untruth about your Dad, it was not honest. When you changed prices, it was not acting the way we expect people to treat other people here.

If you are sincere and really want to apologize I'll accept that but you have to PROVE it.

Step away, take a year off...come back and ask for another chance. This is not the only place you can sell stuff...

Continually having your name pop up here in a bad light, is not going to help your sales if anyone wants to google your references.

Your transgressions were hardly HOS worthy but this attitude sure helped open the door and grease the hinges. Ultimately you should be concerned more about your reputation than sourcing books. That you're more concerned about selling than repairing your reputation tells me all I need to know.

And I'm not part of some lynch mob. I'm sitting in my momma's basement, in my underwear and Miss Piggy slippers making up my own mind.

I want to preface this with the fact that I have the utmost respect for SPB, I think we all do, because of her insightful posts and even nature.

This however outlines a point I made earlier about voting while everyone is heated about a subject.

This is from today:

Lying about your father dying...well, that's just plain juvenile and sad. It is not however, HOS material. I won't buy from that person because of his actions, but he belongs in the "cooler" not death row.

This is from January after I started a poll to remove SC from the HOS:

Since Hall of Shame is the best we can do under these circumstances and we don't have another place where you can stand in the corner till you grow up...I'm going to vote that you stay in the Hall of Shame.

Again, I'm not attacking or bashing SkyPinkBlue in any way. She's just an example of how our views change when we digest a topic and react without all that "rrrrrrrrrrrr" going on in our minds.

You are absolutely right. Truth is, I've had a lot of stuff going on lately (nothing bad, I'm in the middle of moving )and I didn't remember the whole scenario from before. I should have done some research before I posted again.

I was on the fence before, but he pushed me over. I was on the fence again because I just didn't remember all the facts, but his continual flaunting of the opinions of the community have just shown me that he really does not deserve any leniency. Unfortunately, I think the flaunting is even worse than the original acts.

Again, I'm not trying to single you out.

It was just interesting how moods or opinions soften. I can also see how the negative thoughts or opinions rise again when they're back in the forefront of your mind.

:(

No, it's OK, I'm far from perfect, lol. I was never angry about him, sometimes there is no perfect answer it's an on the fence thing. That's why it's a good thing we have votes and not one person making these decisions. :foryou:

A very good thing :foryou:

Your transgressions were hardly HOS worthy but this attitude sure helped open the door and grease the hinges. Ultimately you should be concerned more about your reputation than sourcing books. That you're more concerned about selling than repairing your reputation tells me all I need to know.

And I'm not part of some lynch mob. I'm sitting in my momma's basement, in my underwear and Miss Piggy slippers making up my own mind.

This thread is nothing without pics. :insane:

I have a question, why are you so eager to stay here?

Money and cool books. :(

So many here have given up every ounce of integrity or sense of decency in the pursuit of both. It is shameful and embarrassing but hey, at least some despicable people can have friends on the internets because they sell cool books.

Not really a community I am feeling I want to be associated with all that much and that is sad.

I fully support Miss Piggy slippers being placed on the PL.

Keep up the good work.

And Bellman?

All options are still on the table.

I have a question, why are you so eager to stay here?

Money and cool books. :(

So many here have given up every ounce of integrity or sense of decency in the pursuit of both. It is shameful and embarrassing but hey, at least some despicable people can have friends on the internets because they sell cool books.

Not really a community I am feeling I want to be associated with all that much and that is sad.

I agree, but I like to think the majority of the community feels the same way and will continue to let a good deal pass by before giving up their integrity.

everyone keeps saying that HOS is reserved for the worst of the worst but looking just at the HOS members added in 2013, it seems to not match that description.

granted some of the things solarcadet and gijoe did were horrible, but does it really compare to thomas neely, redrocks or beerbohm?

I'm not suggesting even for a minute that anyone should be taken off that list. Just trying to understand how some people have the impression of what that lists really consists of.

i lied in a joke about my fathers death. Im not a dealer and never stole a dollar or never shilled anyone.

I dont want lock horns with anyone. Ive made peace everyone that i could...

I think the only reason you're there is because you want to be.

the HOS never changed anything. i still sell and buy from various boardies

im 100% seller/buyer on ebay with 600+ transactions

to each is to their own. The only way to stop these things like Symbi is close out the public sales and do them all private.

Or ban the HoS'ers.

-slym

I still sell. I still buy. the HOS Scarlet Letter has little to no effect

Try to sell anything publicly. Oh, wait, you did that once... and how did it go?

Little effect my .

:lol:

-slym