• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

sorry not paying a guy that tries to sell something as one thing when it is clearly another. its more like buying a dodge challenger but picking up a dodge dart to continue with your analogy

Well you made that determination without even discussing it with me first. So did you buy it off EBay or was that your boy friend??

I think your a homophobe.

Last time I am going to respond to silver surfer. We are never going to see each others side of it so I am done with it. The art I am selling speaks for it self pay through pay pal and you are 100% protected. Buy it or not. Otherwise just enjoy looking at art. Thanks have fun.

I'm confused, can each side summarize the story from their point of view? thanks.

Can we work together to sort out a timeline of what went on here.

SS posted a Thor OA piece for sale, with an asking price of $700. Where was this posted? Boards? eBay? Craigslist? Kcurren contacted you and agreed to pay the full purchase price. He sent you $110 and said "im going to talk to Anthony today and jar his memory I think he looked at the wrong issue number any way im sure im going to want it either way you keep the 110 and the other 600 will be there tomorrow morning at the latest."

Ok great. Now somewhere along the line, SS either felt that Kcurren was going to reneg OR kcurren actually sent a message saying something along the lines of "I'm not paying" and SS posted the piece on eBay for sale (with, what he thought was a reserve) SS why did you think he wasn't going to pay? How many days after you had this feeling was the piece listed?

Once the piece was listed for sale on eBay kcurren contacted you and said he wanted to complete the deal but couldn't (wouldn't while its still listed, which SS said he would take down after it is paid for. At that point kcurren asked for a refund of his $110 which I take was given.

Please correct whatever is wrong here guys, and also fill in my missing info.

Can we work together to sort out a timeline of what went on here.

SS posted a Thor OA piece for sale, with an asking price of $700. Where was this posted? Boards? eBay? Craigslist? Kcurren contacted you and agreed to pay the full purchase price. He sent you $110 and said "im going to talk to Anthony today and jar his memory I think he looked at the wrong issue number any way im sure im going to want it either way you keep the 110 and the other 600 will be there tomorrow morning at the latest."

Ok great. Now somewhere along the line, SS either felt that Kcurren was going to reneg OR kcurren actually sent a message saying something along the lines of "I'm not paying" and SS posted the piece on eBay for sale (with, what he thought was a reserve) SS why did you think he wasn't going to pay? How many days after you had this feeling was the piece listed?

Once the piece was listed for sale on eBay kcurren contacted you and said he wanted to complete the deal but couldn't (wouldn't while its still listed, which SS said he would take down after it is paid for. At that point kcurren asked for a refund of his $110 which I take was given.

Please correct whatever is wrong here guys, and also fill in my missing info.

- I listed it here for more than $700.

- $700 deal was agreed upon via PM.

- 2 days pass and I hear nothing.

- Kyle or whomever I was talking too then tells me he is backing out, saying he heard is a prelim not an original?

- I list it on EBay.

- I then dig out the original email conversation I had with the original seller via the CAF boards and I gave him the name of both my seller [Lovitz] and the person he bought it from Anthony Synder [well know art dealer].

- He said he would check back with me, feels bad, offers a $110 deposit and will even pay a total of $800 if he is wrong.

- Next day he wants the $110 refunded which I did as he says he is done [apparently not].

- Few days later my EBay listing ends and guess who wins it! I honor the transaction even though most here suggested that I shouldn't have.

- He follows up by gloating on the boards about it, nice. Think he said something like Siegfried and Roy 1, Canada 0.

Am I upset yes. Do I like that he wants to carry on here trying to sell stuff like nothing happening using dual ID's to hide behind, no. Nothing dubious from my perspective otherwise I would have not bother to ship the EBay win at a significant loss.

And where did the homophobic comment come from? I saw nothing to warrant that remark. At some point using that term should hold the same repercussions as using homophobic slurs.

And where did the homophobic comment come from? I saw nothing to warrant that remark. At some point using that term should hold the same repercussions as using homophobic slurs.

Totally agree but that for another day and another thread.

Just planting the seed.

I guess Kcurren doesn't realize there are internet scammers out there that use fake names, which is why using both his and his partners name / e-mails looked suspisous. Only to have Silver Surfer ask why having Kcurren claim homophobia.

All in all. Very funny and comical.

Heres my one and only question,

Kcurrent - did the description of the item change from when you gave a deposit and than ask for your deposit back?

I guess Kcurren doesn't realize there are internet scammers out there that use fake names, which is why using both his and his partners name / e-mails looked suspisous. Only to have Silver Surfer ask why having Kcurren claim homophobia.

All in all. Very funny and comical.

Heres my one and only question,

Kcurrent - did the description of the item change from when you gave a deposit and than ask for your deposit back?

The answer is no. Nothing changed from my listing here to the one on EBay.