• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

meh. I'm not saying it was justified, but I can see why the homophobe word was used. The language was subtle, but visible.

Kcurren clearly referred to his significant other as "partner" and "husband" and in response, SS referred to this person as his "boy friend". "Boyfriend" alone would have diminished kcurren's relationship, but it appears that he intentionally split the word "boyfriend" to emphasize the "boy".

After being called a homophobe, SS says "If you get your panties in a knot, too bad." This is generally a common idiom, but given the context could be considered a jab at kcurren's sexual preference.

I know a female named Kyle.

I didn't jump to conclusions.

I guess that was my mistake, and I will make sure to rectify my behaviour in the future.

(:

-slym (sarcasm only in the third line of my post)

Edited by slym2none

- I listed it here for more than $700.

- $700 deal was agreed upon via PM.

- 2 days pass and I hear nothing.

- Kyle or whomever I was talking too then tells me he is backing out, saying he heard is a prelim not an original?

- I list it on EBay.

- I then dig out the original email conversation I had with the original seller via the CAF boards and I gave him the name of both my seller [Lovitz] and the person he bought it from Anthony Synder [well know art dealer].

- He said he would check back with me, feels bad, offers a $110 deposit and will even pay a total of $800 if he is wrong.

- Next day he wants the $110 refunded which I did as he says he is done [apparently not].

- Few days later my EBay listing ends and guess who wins it! I honor the transaction even though most here suggested that I shouldn't have.

- He follows up by gloating on the boards about it, nice. Think he said something like Siegfried and Roy 1, Canada 0.

Am I upset yes. Do I like that he wants to carry on here trying to sell stuff like nothing happening using dual ID's to hide behind, no. Nothing dubious from my perspective otherwise I would have not bother to ship the EBay win at a significant loss.

• Why did you list it on eBay while still trying to finalize/resuscitate the deal with Kyle?
  • And when he offered the $110 deposit, it was already on ebay? And had bids? If it didnt have bid why not pull the auction since you cant sell it twice...
  • Likely (though I am not a mind reader) he saw it on eBay (after the second agreement to purchase), thought "hey I bet I can get it for less in the auction" and backed out again using the "prelim vs unpublished" argument as his out.
  • You decided to forego PL nomination to go ahead and list it on ebay, essentially nulifying everything else by your "moving on" act of listing it on eBay, also you let him out of his agreement so those PM contracts to purchase were closed out, and the eBay purchase was a new contract (which he honored by purchasing it at the bid price, and you honored by sending the art)
  • I agree he's rubbing your face in it, but you dont have many options besides a) the existence of this thread as evidence of his shenanigans and b) having him on your personal no-sell list (and assume others would do the same)
  • And finally you know he didnt say Siegfried and Roy 1 Canada 0.... between that comment by you, the "boy friend" and the "panties" comment, you are losing the moral high ground very quickly, which is a shame cause Kyle was definitely more of a douchenozzle up to this point.

- Kyle or whomever I was talking too then tells me he is backing out, saying he heard is a prelim not an original?

- I list it on EBay.

- I then dig out the original email conversation I had with the original seller via the CAF boards and I gave him the name of both my seller [Lovitz] and the person he bought it from Anthony Synder [well know art dealer].

- He said he would check back with me, feels bad, offers a $110 deposit and will even pay a total of $800 if he is wrong.

- Next day he wants the $110 refunded which I did as he says he is done [apparently not].

- Few days later my EBay listing ends and guess who wins it! I honor the transaction even though most here suggested that I shouldn't have.

- He follows up by gloating on the boards about it, nice. Think he said something like Siegfried and Roy 1, Canada 0.

Am I upset yes. Do I like that he wants to carry on here trying to sell stuff like nothing happening using dual ID's to hide behind, no. Nothing dubious from my perspective otherwise I would have not bother to ship the EBay win at a significant loss.

• Why did you list it on eBay while still trying to finalize/resuscitate the deal with Kyle?
  • And when he offered the $110 deposit, it was already on ebay? And had bids? If it didnt have bid why not pull the auction since you cant sell it twice...
  • Likely (though I am not a mind reader) he saw it on eBay (after the second agreement to purchase), thought "hey I bet I can get it for less in the auction" and backed out again using the "prelim vs unpublished" argument as his out.
  • You decided to forego PL nomination to go ahead and list it on ebay, essentially nulifying everything else by your "moving on" act of listing it on eBay, also you let him out of his agreement so those PM contracts to purchase were closed out, and the eBay purchase was a new contract (which he honored by purchasing it at the bid price, and you honored by sending the art)
  • I agree he's rubbing your face in it, but you dont have many options besides a) the existence of this thread as evidence of his shenanigans and b) having him on your personal no-sell list (and assume others would do the same)
  • And finally you know he didnt say Siegfried and Roy 1 Canada 0.... between that comment by you, the "boy friend" and the "panties" comment, you are losing the moral high ground very quickly, which is a shame cause Kyle was definitely more of a douchenozzle up to this point.

One thing I would add to this, in fairness to the Surfer, is that he had no real choice but to honour the Ebay deal. People here care about what things happen on Ebay, but Ebay doesn't care what happens here. To not honour the Ebay result would have been satisfying for a few minutes for him personally, no doubt, but disastrous in the long run for his standing with other Ebay buyers.

- I list it on EBay.

• And when he offered the $110 deposit, it was already on ebay? And had bids? If it didnt have bid why not pull the auction since you cant sell it twice... I thought he DID take it off of eBay, only to have the buyer back out again :shrug:

Looks like I quoted it in time...

:eek:

-slym

Congratulations. I still stand behind my analysis, but didn't see the point of stirring things up any further once I saw that most responses were negative.

I didn't even catch the Sigfried and Roy comment until miraclmet mentioned it, but it further reinforces my stance.

One thing I would add to this, in fairness to the Surfer, is that he had no real choice but to honour the Ebay deal. People here care about what things happen on Ebay, but Ebay doesn't care what happens here. To not honour the Ebay result would have been satisfying for a few minutes for him personally, no doubt, but disastrous in the long run for his standing with other Ebay buyers.

But why list it on eBay at all? It seemed like he listed it while still trying to salvage a sale with Kyle (when he was getting info about the OAs provenance and such). I agree once it was on eBay, especially with bids, Surfer was essentially obligated to complete the eBay transaction. I just don't get why he put himself into that corner while still working with the original buyer.

Guys this is so frustrating I can't believe the questions. When he first backed out of the deal it was Wednesday. I listed it on Ebay as I was pretty sure this guy was pulling my chain. The subsequent PM conversation occurred over a day and my main goal was to clarify the misconception about it being an original vs a prelim.

At that point he offered the deposit but quickly noticed that it was on EBay. I pulled it and let him know but then he flaked again so I relisted it where it sat for 3 days with no bids! Why are we hung up on stuff like why was this on Ebay when I tried to salvage a deal? It's not like this all went down in the space of an hour.

More importantly this guy has admitted to essentially operating as a shill on these boards. Supposedly two people behind one board ID which I think is a no no.

Also, if this guy is going to call me a homophobic because I refer to his partner as boy friend then give me a break. Sure my subsequent comments were more to the point but that was in response to what I thought was a bit outrageous reaction and just another smoke screen for this guy. He balked on our deal only to scoop it up cheaper 4 days later and then rub it in my face.

Guys this is so frustrating I can't believe the questions. When he first backed out of the deal it was Wednesday. I listed it on Ebay as I was pretty sure this guy was pulling my chain. The subsequent PM conversation occurred over a day and my main goal was to clarify the misconception about it being an original vs a prelim.

At that point he offered the deposit but quickly noticed that it was on EBay. I pulled it and let him know but then he flaked again so I relisted it where it sat for 3 days with no bids! Why are we hug up on stuff like why was this on Ebay when I tried to salvage a deal? It's not like this all went down in the space of an hour.

More importantly this guy has admitted to essentially operating as a shill on these boards. Supposedly two people behind one board ID which I think is a no no.

Also, if this guy is going to call me a homophobic because I refer to his partner as boy friend then give me a break. Sure my subsequent comments were more to the point but that was in response to what I thought was a bit outrageous reaction and just another smoke screen for this guy. He balked on our deal only to scoop it up cheaper 4 days later and then rub it in my face.

Did you really change this quote

Here is the quote from OA...

thanks for the thor cover the price was perfect U.S.A. 1 canada 0

into this

because I can see where the homophobic name came from just on that.