• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

some members on the boards are in favor of teaching the seller a lesson about procedures (which he absolutely needs to learn), with the result being a PL listing.

That's pretty well it, but I just don't agree with the tactics.

I'm pretty new to the boards and I'm even newer to buying off the boards so I'm not sure if I'm over reacting here or what. I purchased a presale spiderman 1 variant from the user Diamonddave on April 28th, 2014. When the book came in, he sent me pics via PM, which I approved, and he then sent an invoice on May 20th, 2014. I paid the invoice on May 20th as well. Everything seemed good and he said he'd update me with a tracking number, which didn't happen. Ah well, I thought. Maybe he forgot or whatever, no biggie.

I noticed that he had removed himself from the conversation, but again being new to the boards I figured that happens if the chat is left idle for too long.

XrNXpaH.jpeg

I sent him another message on June 11th, 2014 asking if the book was shipped and the message says he saw it and didn't respond. Today I sent a message telling him that if he didn't respond by today I would file for a refund via PayPal and again, its showing that he saw this message but didn't respond.

0BFLess.jpeg

I know I said I'd give him until the end of the day, but if he's seen it and hasn't responded, I doubt he will so I filed a claim with PayPal.

bB2HtmW.jpeg

This is my first purchase off the boards and I'm not sure if I'm over reacting or not but since I'm new to PayPal, I really don't feel like waiting any longer without any communication and losing $225.00.

Thank you.

Edited by WizP

It's 30 days for a PL nomination.

So on May 20 you had an agreed upon transaction (thanks to the photos that were oked)

30 days from May 20 you can nominate him for Probation List.

I would reopen a message thread with him asking for the tracking number.

I wouldn't mention the probation list (some people get touchy about it) at this point.

If he removes himself from that thread to, come back here on June 20 and nominate him via the process (check the instructions HERE )

Good luck and I hope you get your book.

So on May 20 you had an agreed upon transaction (thanks to the photos that were oked)

I wouldn't mention the probation list (some people get touchy about it) at this point.

If he removes himself from that thread to, come back here on June 20 and nominate him via the process (check the instructions HERE )

It's already shady for a seller to remove themselves from a PM thread when a buyer hasn't received the item they bought.

Reading, but not responding to the new thread the buyer starts asking for a status update moves it squarely into :eek: territory.

Why shouldn't the buyer mention that he's taking this to the Probation Discussion thread?

It's already shady for a seller to remove themselves from a PM thread when a buyer hasn't received the item they bought.

Reading, but not responding to the new thread the buyer starts asking for a status update moves it squarely into :eek: territory.

Why shouldn't the buyer mention that he's taking this to the Probation Discussion thread?

I agree it seems shady, it could have been a mistake, though yeah it does raise flags.

I only say not to mention the Probation Discussion because in the past there have been times that people dropping the "I've raise this in the probation discussion" is like adding gasoline to the fire... and the best way to try and get what is due (the book) is to not add gasoline... yet.

I'm pretty new to the boards and I'm even newer to buying off the boards so I'm not sure if I'm over reacting here or what. I purchased a presale spiderman 1 variant from the user Diamonddave on April 28th, 2014. When the book came in, he sent me pics via PM, which I approved, and he then sent an invoice on May 20th, 2014. I paid the invoice on May 20th as well. Everything seemed good and he said he'd update me with a tracking number, which didn't happen. Ah well, I thought. Maybe he forgot or whatever, no biggie.

I noticed that he had removed himself from the conversation, but again being new to the boards I figured that happens if the chat is left idle for too long.

XrNXpaH.jpeg

I sent him another message on June 11th, 2014 asking if the book was shipped and the message says he saw it and didn't respond. Today I sent a message telling him that if he didn't respond by today I would file for a refund via PayPal and again, its showing that he saw this message but didn't respond.

0BFLess.jpeg

I know I said I'd give him until the end of the day, but if he's seen it and hasn't responded, I doubt he will so I filed a claim with PayPal.

bB2HtmW.jpeg

This is my first purchase off the boards and I'm not sure if I'm over reacting or not but since I'm new to PayPal, I really don't feel like waiting any longer without any communication and losing $225.00.

Thank you.

Dave is a good guy who has done a ton of business on the boards. Hopefully this is all just a communication issue and he will be along shortly to rectify. He doesn't post much, or spend a lot of time on the boards compared to most of us so that may not be helping the issue.

Yea I don't like it either. I never remove my self from a topic until books have been delivered and confirmed. Something's fishy.

Dave is a good guy who has done a ton of business on the boards. Hopefully this is all just a communication issue and he will be along shortly to rectify. He doesn't post much, or spend a lot of time on the boards compared to most of us so that may not be helping the issue.

He posted 5 times yesterday.

Wait for it ...

Here we go ...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=userposts&id=16437

He posted 5 times yesterday.

Wait for it ...

Here we go ...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=userposts&id=16437

Ya bro. lol j/k

I say just open a new PM with him, ask for the tracking number, and let's see what happens.

Let us know. If he ignores it (posts on the boards while not checking his PMs despite the flashing envelope), or reads it and doesnt respond... well that's another flag.

We also need to take into account that it's crossing a border. If I receive something before three weeks have passed I figure someone at the border screwed up...

lol

The poor communication does suck, I think it's more important for sellers shipping internationally to provide tracking (customs number) so that we can at least "see" that it's in the system & then further aggravate ourselves by checking the lack of progress online daily.

I don't think any international buyer should initiate any Paypal action prior to 30 days.

We also need to take into account that it's crossing a border. If I receive something before three weeks have passed I figure someone at the border screwed up...

lol

The poor communication does suck, I think it's more important for sellers shipping internationally to provide tracking (customs number) so that we can at least "see" that it's in the system & then further aggravate ourselves by checking the lack of progress online daily.

I don't think any international buyer should initiate any Paypal action prior to 30 days.

I agree and I disagree.

I usually don't give out tracking numbers. Mainly because my post office makes me drop off packages throughout the week and has me pay once a month and I only get the tracking numbers when I pay.

I think Dave is a stand up guy, I'm sure he left the thread by accident and didn't have any malicious intent.

lol

I agree and I disagree.

I usually don't give out tracking numbers. Mainly because my post office makes me drop off packages throughout the week and has me pay once a month and I only get the tracking numbers when I pay.

I think Dave is a stand up guy, I'm sure he left the thread by accident and didn't have any malicious intent.

though in this case the seller said he'd put it in the mail that weekend AND PROVIDE TRACKING NUMBER.

So your scenario doesnt seem to be in play right? Sounds like his plan was to ship, and he'd get a tracking number and give it to the buyer...

except he didnt (give the tracking number) which means the question gets asked... did it ship?