• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

He was asking $110. I offered $100 originally, which he responded to with, "already had someone offer that. It might be priced to low at $110. Think I'm just going to hold onto it." in a pm, but left the post open. So a few hours later I posted on the original thread that I would take it for his asking price of $110. I had fallen asleep in between some of it, woke up and decided the $10 was worth it. He was asking $215 but took an offer on Ebay.

And this was after he used the same I think I'll hold onto it when I asked if was a direct or newsstand copy, but still took offers and didn't pull the post. This was a three hour time period, then I posted like 6 hours after that that I would take it in an open post/listing.

Edited by jawn

And this was after he used the same I think I'll hold onto it when I asked if was a direct or newsstand copy, but still took offers and didn't pull the post. This was a three hour time period, then I posted like 6 hours after that that I would take it in an open post/listing.

if you were communicating with him via PM why didn't you tell him there that you would take it for the asking price of the thread?

if you were communicating with him via PM why didn't you tell him there that you would take it for the asking price of the thread?

I am pretty sure I did, and also posted in the open thread. That was hours later. I had fallen asleep, woke up, looked and the post and, as I have said many times and posted all original PM messages with time stamps etc., was surprised the listing was still open and that the $10 difference we were bartering over wasn't that big of a deal.

No offense to anyone here, but I have been over this over and over, posted all messages, links to the original post, and will be happy to answer any specific questions that can not be answered in those. The book is long gone. I posted I'll take it in an open thread. How much more time do I need to spend on this? I will follow any rules or policies that I can, but I don't know what else I need to do. If he didn't want to sell the book then he should have closed the thread. He shouldn't have said "I think" this and "I think" that. All he had to do was say NO the book is no longer for sale and/or close the thread. Plain and simple.

No offense to anyone here, but I have been over this over and over, posted all messages, links to the original post, and will be happy to answer any specific questions that can not be answered in those. The book is long gone. I posted I'll take it in an open thread. How much more time do I need to spend on this? I will follow any rules or policies that I can, but I don't know what else I need to do. If he didn't want to sell the book then he should have closed the thread. He shouldn't have said "I think" this and "I think" that. All he had to do was say NO the book is no longer for sale and/or close the thread. Plain and simple.

I have to be up in 6 hours and am on a prototype project that is behind schedule, so I think I am done for the night.

I am pretty sure I did, and also posted in the open thread. That was hours later. I had fallen asleep, woke up, looked and the post and, as I have said many times and posted all original PM messages with time stamps etc., was surprised the listing was still open and that the $10 difference we were bartering over wasn't that big of a deal.

you never posted that PM - if you have it then I would post it and the sellers response.

you never posted that PM - if you have it then I would post it and the sellers response.

I believe he already did.

Agreed, while oceanavekid could have been a bit more direct, I just don't see this particular case against him being PL worthy.

Then where is the line where we hold a seller responsible for completing a sale

I have to be up in 6 hours and am on a prototype project that is behind schedule, so I think I am done for the night.

No worries. You're good. :)

How is the seller supposed to get off the list? Send the wouldbe buyer the monetary delta between what the book was offered for here and what it sold for on ebay? That would be dumb.

I have two questions for oceanavekid (or anyone for that matter):

1) If anyone other than jawn came to the thread and :takeit: , would this change the outlook on the matter for some people?

2) The issue here revolves around one book - the DC Comics Presents being discussed by jawn and oceanavekid via PM. But were the other books still available for sale? Again - if a random buyer saw a book in that thread and :takeit: - would the sale be honored? And should it be?

hm

I have two questions for oceanavekid (or anyone for that matter):

1) If anyone other than jawn came to the thread and :takeit: , would this change the outlook on the matter for some people?

2) The issue here revolves around one book - the DC Comics Presents being discussed by jawn and oceanavekid via PM. But were the other books still available for sale? Again - if a random buyer saw a book in that thread and :takeit: - would the sale be honored? And should it be?

hm

Depends on if they were underpriced or not.

There's been many, many sales thread necromancies in the past and they are generally met with one of two responses:

1. People have a minor chuckle and move on

2. The seller says "PM me"

A buyer trying to force the hand of the seller is a worrisome tactic.

Ryan, I'd agree with you IF this was an old thread and an oversight regarding closing it down.

That's NOT the case here though. Before jawn added the :takeit: in the thread, he had been discussing the book with oceanavekid for a full day. Meaning IF the thread really was closed, why didn't he update it as such if that was his intention? The rules are clear that sellers are responsible for their threads. He didn't want it closed. :gossip:

This isn't a long-time, respected seller. This is a guy who has constantly bent and broken the rules. He has had two or three recent sales threads pulled by the mods for simultaneously having books for sale here and listed on eBay. In one instance he had a sales thread pulled and complained about the mods having a personal agenda against him and he had no more books listed on eBay while starting a new sales thread. Guess what - the books he listed here were STILL up for sale on eBay and that thread was pulled as well. This guy is either the dumbest guy to sell things or he is consciously and repeatedly breaking the rules. The sales thread being left open was not an oversight in this instance. (tsk)