• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I said the comics of the first shipping were great. His comics are in great condition and I'd suggest to buy from him IF you check the shipping price yourself first. He got $28+ extra money from me. The second time I did it: I had received a few books paying $39 for priority, so I asked him to do the same price, but he shipped first class and paid at least $4 less.

If it was something like $2 and if he shipped with the method I was telling him to ship I wouldn't have said anything. The problem is that I paid first time for priority + insurance and he shipped first class no insurance ( without saying anything) ( https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction.action?tRef=fullpage&tLc=1&tLabels=LC938608577US)

The second time I asked for priority and he shipped first class again.

I am new to the boards, so I didn't know what to do after he started removing himself from our PM conversations without leaving an answer. I wrote on his Kudos thread that he sells real stuff but makes extra money over shipping. He answered on both my and his kudos thread with his version of the story, which was false, since he shipped both times first class making $28+ extra because I paid for priority + insurance first time and priority second time.

The messages on our kudos thread were removed by a moderator.

I can understand a $5 overcharge or something around there but nearly $30 is a total rip off and I would be annoyed too. Was it $30 total or an extra $30 both times? Either way, seems wrong.

This is not a good introduction for this new member to buying on these boards, especially one who seems to actually PAY for his purchases (thumbs u

IMHO, I think the seller should refund the difference, despite the fact that the buyer agreed to it. I am sure that the buyer thought the price he was charged for shipping was the ACTUAL cost.

I wonder, had the buyer known what the REAL ship cost was vs what he was being charged for "shipping handling and supplies" doh! , he may have either a) had the opportunity to negotiate on price/shipping or b) maybe not have even bought from the seller. The seller, if what the buyer is saying is accurate there could be a case that the buyer has been deceived as the books were NOT shipped in the manner in which he was specified and paid for as part of their sales agreement? How is that not deceitful? I don't know, it seems shady and a violation of the sales agreement and maybe should be PL worthy? (shrug)

My 2c is that the seller is wrong here and should refund the difference. Again, it boils down to what is your reputation worth?

It should be a $24 refund for the first transaction ( I paid $50 for priority + insurance, he instead used First class no insurance paying $26) and at least 4$ for the second transaction ( I asked for priority which costs $39 ( I got some books shipped for $39 priority), he agreed, but then shipped first class claiming to have paid $35. I still have to receive the package and check how much he really paid though).

So it should be a total of $28 for both at the moment. I thought those $50 of the first transaction were ONLY for shipping, which instead cost $26 to the seller.

And if he told me he was about to ship first class no insurance I wouldn't have bought from him for sure. I can't risk to lose over $400 if the package gets lost.

Regarding ZombieDealer and sslim66:

IMO, I don't see this as a PL matter. I've seen other sellers overcharge for shipping and pocket the extra money as profit and get blasted publicly buy the buyer. It happens. (shrug) I think it's a practice to engage in, but it is what it is. The books arrived to you safely - if they didn't, I think he'd be on the hook for a refund and a PL nomination. But they got you safely and he unwisely assumed all of the risk if they didn't. This reminds me of a situation that we just had brought up about a month or is ago with a seller charging for shipping in a box and the shipping in a cheap mailer. In that instance the book WAS damaged. I think for the future - just don't do business with his guy. If people see enough of him ripping off others on shipping charges, they might not do business with him. I'm :sorry:this happened. Again, I'd be pissed off as well. I just don't see it as a PL add. Some words of advice - sslim66 SHOULD refund the additional money he charged for shipping to clear his name. Again, potential buyers ARE watching :popcorn: . Just sayin'. But IMO - not PL. Just my 2c

I sort of feel this might be PL worthy, Justin. Look at it this way: The buyer asked for it to be shipped a certain way with insurance, and the seller agreed. The seller said that would cost $50. The buyer paid, and the seller pretty much stole almost $30 because he shipped with a cheaper method and shipped uninsured.

I can maybe see charging $11 and it's only $8 or something. But saying you'll send it one way with insurance and then sending it using a method that costs half of what you charge and not even including insurance is a rip-off.

Just don't buy from him the future. You brought it to public attention so (thumbs u

If he doesn't do the right thing and refund you, maybe his customer base will dry up pretty fast and his kudos thread won't matter. ;)

And WTTB! :foryou: I just gave my opinion. I've been wrong before. :grin: Let's see what others think. :popcorn:

I won't buy from him again, but the problem is that he doesn't want to refund me and I've lost $30.

As much as I agree with your case you did not LOSE $30.

Chaseman210, did you look at the screen caps of PM's he sent? Because I'm not seeing anything in there about asking for insurance. Regarding the second shipment I see this, which sounds like the seller quoted a price and was unsure of the price would be right or not for priority international and then went with the closest option that fit the price (first class instead of priority because the price was $35 which was around $39).

image.jpg

OP it would be really helpful to see all the PMs you had with the seller because the 4 you posted don't show your negotiations/requests for priority etc.

Regarding ZombieDealer and sslim66:

IMO, I don't see this as a PL matter. I've seen other sellers overcharge for shipping and pocket the extra money as profit and get blasted publicly buy the buyer. It happens. (shrug) I think it's a practice to engage in, but it is what it is. The books arrived to you safely - if they didn't, I think he'd be on the hook for a refund and a PL nomination. But they got you safely and he unwisely assumed all of the risk if they didn't. This reminds me of a situation that we just had brought up about a month or is ago with a seller charging for shipping in a box and the shipping in a cheap mailer. In that instance the book WAS damaged. I think for the future - just don't do business with his guy. If people see enough of him ripping off others on shipping charges, they might not do business with him. I'm :sorry:this happened. Again, I'd be pissed off as well. I just don't see it as a PL add. Some words of advice - sslim66 SHOULD refund the additional money he charged for shipping to clear his name. Again, potential buyers ARE watching :popcorn: . Just sayin'. But IMO - not PL. Just my 2c

I sort of feel this might be PL worthy, Justin. Look at it this way: The buyer asked for it to be shipped a certain way with insurance, and the seller agreed. The seller said that would cost $50. The buyer paid, and the seller pretty much stole almost $30 because he shipped with a cheaper method and shipped uninsured.

I can maybe see charging $11 and it's only $8 or something. But saying you'll send it one way with insurance and then sending it using a method that costs half of what you charge and not even including insurance is a rip-off.

+1

Seller did not honour all terms of the sale and knowingly ripped off buyer IF it is playing out as stated by buyer.

Edited by Wall-Crawler

Chaseman210, did you look at the screen caps of PM's he sent? Because I'm not seeing anything in there about asking for insurance. Regarding the second shipment I see this, which sounds like the seller quoted a price and was unsure of the price would be right or not for priority international and then went with the closest option that fit the price (first class instead of priority because the price was $35 which was around $39).

image.jpg

OP it would be really helpful to see all the PMs you had with the seller because the 4 you posted don't show your negotiations/requests for priority etc.

Yeah, we need to see all of the PMs where the buyer DID ask for the certain shipping method.

I was just saying that we should get all of the proof before brushing off the nomination.

Just don't buy from him the future. You brought it to public attention so (thumbs u

If he doesn't do the right thing and refund you, maybe his customer base will dry up pretty fast and his kudos thread won't matter. ;)

And WTTB! :foryou: I just gave my opinion. I've been wrong before. :grin: Let's see what others think. :popcorn:

I won't buy from him again, but the problem is that he doesn't want to refund me and I've lost $30.

As much as I agree with your case you did not LOSE $30.

Agreed.

Is it true (as alleged by seller) that shortly after receipt of the first package buyer acknowledged happiness (and even left kudos)? If so, is that transaction still fair game for PL discussion?

After yesterday's fiasco it's all fair game. (thumbs u

Is it true (as alleged by seller) that shortly after receipt of the first package buyer acknowledged happiness (and even left kudos)? If so, is that transaction still fair game for PL discussion?

According the buyer, the only reason he did was because the seller said he needed money badly for bills or something like that. Then a few days later, the seller was buying more books. That's what I got from the story, but it would help if the buyer could show the PMs from when he specifically asked for insurance and a shipping method.

Even though he left positive kudos, he bought from the seller, who AGAIN didn't ship using the method the buyer asked for. So this would still fall under a PL nomination, IMO. Again, we need to see the PMs.

If the fees are up front, it is not probation worthy.

Whatever the fee, shipping, handling, insurance, buyers premium, or tax. If the fee is disclosed upfront and I agree to it, the deal is done.

Whatever the fee, shipping, handling, insurance, buyers premium, or tax. If the fee is disclosed upfront and I agree to it, the deal is done.

Not if I offer to do one thing for X amount and don't do said thing.

One thing to say shipping is $20, another to say shipping is $20 for priority and ship it media.

Going off of the buyer's word until he can/cannot provide the PMs:

So you would be okay if you asked a seller to ship a certain method with insurance and then paying $50 for said method. Once the package arrives, you would be totally fine with finding out that he used a cheaper method WITHOUT insurance and it cost him HALF of what you paid? :shrug:

This seems like (yet another) PL nomination where both buyer and seller come out looking like mess.

hm

You've changed.

Just because I think many of these PL nominations have shaky foundations doesn't mean I want to bro hug the people involved.

I'm afraid not my friend. This has been discussed at length before. The buyer did not get what he paid for.

This seems like (yet another) PL nomination where both buyer and seller come out looking like mess.

I can't remember the last time one of these "nominee/nominator" combo's wasn't a two-fer on the personal list.

:insane:

Buyer needs to clarify if he only "paid for" priority/insured or they both "agreed to" priority/insured on that first shipment.

If there's no specific agreement on services & this buyer just accepted paying a price that was "an amount that would cover priority/insurance" then buyer has no claim with regard to first shipment.

hm

You've changed.

Just because I think many of these PL nominations have shaky foundations doesn't mean I want to bro hug the people involved.

Wow. You've really changed. Everything ok?