• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

It's been 7+ days and he's not responded to any of my PM's. Sigh. 30 days to pay for a $20 book is pretty ridiculous, don't you think? Even if he responds now, I won't be selling it to him.

Fretting so much over a $20 book is equally ridiculous.

If he doesn`t pay, put him on the list by all means, but don`t get so hung up over it. It`s $20. That won`t even buy you 3 beers in a bar in Manhattan anymore.

You've been away for a while . . . lol $20? Try $40 :whistle:

lol I am indeed out of touch. Anyways, just even more reason why getting so worked up over non-payment of $20 after only 7 days seems so, well, petty.

First of all, it's the principle of the matter. I don't like having my time or energy wasted. Especially when I could have sold it to another board member.

Second of all, $20 may mean more to some people than others. Sorry, if I'm not a "high-roller" like you. I make a modest living and don't have wads of cash to blow like some of the other people on these boards.

You don't know me and you sure as hell don't know my financial situation. So, instead of calling me petty, maybe you should consider keeping your elitist attitude to yourself.

:applause:

I believe that the biggest irritant is the time and energy wasted....., that and the elitist trolls who flock to beat you down.

It's been 7+ days and he's not responded to any of my PM's. Sigh. 30 days to pay for a $20 book is pretty ridiculous, don't you think? Even if he responds now, I won't be selling it to him.

If he doesn`t pay, put him on the list by all means, but don`t get so hung up over it. It`s $20. That won`t even buy you 3 beers in a bar in Manhattan anymore.

lol I am indeed out of touch. Anyways, just even more reason why getting so worked up over non-payment of $20 after only 7 days seems so, well, petty.

First of all, it's the principle of the matter. I don't like having my time or energy wasted. Especially when I could have sold it to another board member.

Second of all, $20 may mean more to some people than others. Sorry, if I'm not a "high-roller" like you. I make a modest living and don't have wads of cash to blow like some of the other people on these boards.

You don't know me and you sure as hell don't know my financial situation. So, instead of calling me petty, maybe you should consider keeping your elitist attitude to yourself.

I believe that the biggest irritant is the time and energy wasted....., that and the elitist trolls who flock to beat you down.

:golfclap:

Thirty days is thirty days. That's the established norm here before calling someone out. To do so after a week DOES seem petty. If the week wait means that much then I suggest creating your own thread and hammer away. To call someone out after a week in the Probation thread is bad form...

Jim

Thirty days is too long to wait. I would want to know about the buyer that buys and then does not respond to PM's for a week afterwards, as soon as possible. Preferably, immediatly after the week of avoidance. Just my 2c(shrug)

Thirty days is too long to wait. I would want to know about the buyer that buys and then does not respond to PM's for a week afterwards, as soon as possible. Preferably, immediatly after the week of avoidance. Just my 2c(shrug)

Then the list would long and varied...and include some of our more prominent Forum members. Some people have lives outside this Board and buyers and sellers shouldn't expect instant gratification in any deal. Just because someone doesn't respond in a week doesn't mean they are try to avoid anything...they just have more pressing things to do. What is the hurry anyway? You still have the comic and can repost it later should the buyer back out. Thirty days is a good barometer on whether a good deal is going bad.

Jim

Thirty days is thirty days. That's the established norm here before calling someone out. To do so after a week DOES seem petty. If the week wait means that much then I suggest creating your own thread and hammer away. To call someone out after a week in the Probation thread is bad form...

Jim

Jim - I agree with you, especially your suggestion that a new thread be started by a credible individual. I also agree with Deamentia that the discussion disintegrated into a "how deep are your pockets, cheap-azz?" discussion, which is really not appropriate.

Jim - I agree with you, especially your suggestion that a new thread be started by a credible individual. I also agree with Deamentia that the discussion disintegrated into a "how deep are your pockets, cheap-azz?" discussion, which is really not appropriate.

You have to look at it from the other side as well. Someone called the buyer out after 1 week over a $20 comic. That's very uncool...

Jim

You have to look at it from the other side as well. Someone called the buyer out after 1 week over a $20 comic. That's very uncool...

Jim

I do have experience, and having been on the other end of that, I agree with Deamentia. If your personal circumstances leave you without the current access to money, own up immediately, and either negotiate a payment plan or ask out of it. Most on here would understand that. Don't just sit there and ignore my PMs.

My issue didn't resolve until I put the books back up for sale - then guess what? Instant payment after 2-3 weeks of ignoring my PMs

How is it possible to communicate a sale :takeit: but not be able to communicate with the seller, to give them an idea of when they will be paid? Isn't it a common courtesy?

Well...I've had sellers take up to a week to respond with totals... hm

Jim

How is it possible to communicate a sale :takeit: but not be able to communicate with the seller, to give them an idea of when they will be paid? Isn't it a common courtesy?

Jim

Was the the selling thread still open for that week?

Jim

Some yes...some who knows? Very few sellers actually close their threads...

Jim

Jim

Some yes...some who knows? Very few sellers actually close their threads...

Jim

True. But I think that communication after a sale is critical and should not be ignored.

Yes, but people do happen to think and operate differently. :grin:

Jim - I agree with you, especially your suggestion that a new thread be started by a credible individual.

We have a thread already. The discussion thread was created for the purpose of warning others in situations that had not yet risen to the probation level. In my case, it was a seller who did not respond for almost a month after payment but who was selling more books. You don't have to wait 30 days, just out them in the discussion thread.

Jim

(thumbs u

Jim - I agree with you, especially your suggestion that a new thread be started by a credible individual.

We have a thread already. The discussion thread was created for the purpose of warning others in situations that had not yet risen to the probation level. In my case, it was a seller who did not respond for almost a month after payment but who was selling more books. You don't have to wait 30 days, just out them in the discussion thread.

(thumbs u

Ok. I can relate to Deamentia in the short pockets area. And I dont think it is fair to start screaming class war, you do not KNOW for fact who has money and who doesnt. The guy who you think has deep pockets, may just live at home and spend everything on comics, or he could be some white collar guy making a half mil a year.

Point here is this . IF you are hard up for cash and are selling books to make ends meet, AND time is of the essence. Then STATE that in your sales thread. If you do not want the books hanging around, let people know by saying " Books must be paid for within 7 days". But never PRESUME that everyone knows that you are strapped and have to pay whatever bill immediately.

If you are not clear on payment. Don't expect people to rush to pay, most people do have other things on there minds and will get to it. As far as the ignore factor goes, IDK maybe he changed his mind, or felt harrassed. But as far as I know 30 days is the time allowed before you get put on "the list". And after a few days, it shouldnt be brought here.

Please add DarkKnight2K4 to the list. It's been five days and no payment. He's not even returned any of my messages.

five days is pretty short.....I'd be history.....maybe he's on vacation.

Post shows that he's read at least one of my messages asking him to pay. So I doubt he's on vacation.

I have been away for my job and then at NYCC working the show.

Today is my first day back to some sense or normalcy.

Sorry if I did not get back to you. I tried checking the board from my phone, but was unable to reply to advise.

I see you may choose not to sell to me any longer. If this is the case, please advise, as I did not want to cause anyone any issue.

Thank you.