• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Maybe I'm wrong :shrug: but I recall when some members stated buyers would pick up the PP fees, there was a bit of an uproar over it. I'm more of a believer in stating this upfront, however, than "Oh by the way..." Again, just me 2c

Wow, i've been screwing up because I normally add the 3% when I pay with paypal. doh!

I'm sure the sellers appreciate that. :foryou:

Come to think of it . . . I'm going to start charging a 15% "buyer's premium" :grin:

Wow, i've been screwing up because I normally add the 3% when I pay with paypal. doh!

Come to think of it . . . I'm going to start charging a 15% "buyer's premium" :grin:

Hell, just change your id to Heritage and raise it to 19.5%. (shrug)

:shy:

Make sure you add that 3% to the $500 payment you were going to make to me. :D

:jokealert:

Very interesting comments from both sides of the coin. I would say, in my own "defense", that it wasn't the "money" that turned me off of this transaction, it was the micro-managing, if you will, of the sale. I don't know who these Donnelly Brothers are, and I really don't care now, but the whole package of a PO BOX under someone else's name, the Paypal fee addition for use of a credit card and the fact that this was a "first-time seller" , and a new one at that on the boards, made me just not want to deal with this whole situation. Heck, it wasn't worth all the aggravation and if it ballooned into a problem for me, then I would have been mad at myself more than Steve. I just wanted to give the guy $60 for the book and then wait for it in the US Mail.......... (shrug)

:shy:

Make sure you add that 3% to the $500 payment you were going to make to me. :D

I'll be sending you a money order lol

:jokealert:

My 2 cents....I am pretty new here and not very experienced in comic buying and selling.,My first transaction was with Glenn was as follows:

I responded to a comic he wanted.that I had.

He made an offer.

I countered.

He met the offer.

He is near my area..I met him,he reviewed comic and paid me agreed upon price in Cash.

After deal was done he spent about an hour giving a novice like me an education on comics in general,also answering my specific questions.

You people be the judge of Glenn's integrity.........he has sold me!

Steve

My 2 cents....I am pretty new here and not very experienced in comic buying and selling.,My first transaction was with Glenn was as follows:

I responded to a comic he wanted.that I had.

He made an offer.

I countered.

He met the offer.

He is near my area..I met him,he reviewed comic and paid me agreed upon price in Cash.

After deal was done he spent about an hour giving a novice like me an education on comics in general,also answering my specific questions.

You people be the judge of Glenn's integrity.........he has sold me!

Steve

He showed up on my front porch saturday and threatened to break my legs if I didnt pay him.

Actually I bought alot of books from him on time payments, and we get along well and enjoy talking comics. I dont see any problems with the guy. Hes OK in my book .

That list is getting big. :(

Maybe you better start highlighting new additions in red (or another color) so we can spot them easier.

Maybe you better start highlighting new additions in red (or another color) so we can spot them easier.

ya mean . . . like this? hm

ACES lol

ACES lol

No, no, no. We'll get all confused and think it's a post from skypinkblu.

ACES lol

I'll probably get reported by some guy for overcharging 17 cents on shipping or somehting.

:tonofbricks:

ACES lol

I'll probably get reported by some guy for overcharging 17 cents on shipping or somehting.

:tonofbricks:

You did overcharge me once by 25 cents. :gossip: