• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I don't know who these Donnelly Brothers are

Let me get this straight, you're buying off some people called the "Donnelly Brothers"? :o

Yeah, but only through their go-between, Jimmy The Fish. (thumbs u

I'm in the middle of closing a deal with two nice blokes, the Krays. :wishluck:

Hmm just read over the last few pages here, perhaps all the sellers should consider adding scanning and posting fees.

hmDarn, I chipped a nail...manicurist fees :cloud9:

Now THAT's a :signfunny::applause:

Hmm just read over the last few pages here, perhaps all the sellers should consider adding scanning and posting fees.

hmDarn, I chipped a nail...manicurist fees :cloud9:

I know this little Korean lady that could hook you up, Sharon!!!

:lol:

here goes and i apologise in advance if i get the rules of this one wrong........bought 3 CGC wolverine comics off 'daken2626'...this person offered free shipping to Ontario and wanted $75 for all three comics....bit of a deal I thought. this is how the conversation (which became one-way when I paypaled the money) went:

Mar 20th, 2008 - I will ship to Ontario for free....I can get them out to you tomorrow morning...Priority Mail...just paypal me at: pab1980@juno.com

thanks and let me know

Mar 20th, 2008 - yep, ill take em......paypal tonight, ship tomorrow...sounds good and thanks.

Mar 20th, 2008 - paypal payment sent!!! thx, Paul

Mar 27th, 2008 - sorry for the delay here is your delivery confirmation number thanks again

#0306 3030 0003 3039 8191

to check status go to http://www.usps.com thanks

Mar 20th, 2008 - np, its all good. Thx

Apr 5th, 2008 - hey, no sign as yet and when i put in your tracking number i get:

Label/Receipt Number: 0306 3030 0003 3039 8191

There is no record of this item.

Why Are You Receiving This Message?

1. Event information may not be available if your item was mailed recently. Please try again later.

2. The number was entered incorrectly. Be sure to enter all of the letters and numbers as they appear on your mailing label or receipt.

Apr 8th, 2008 - hi, if i dont hear from you by this evening im gonna file with paypal!!!!

Apr 8th, 2008 - Filed with paypal....you shoudl receive the following message:

Hi, as promised I've filed with paypal. I have not received the comics as order and you refuse to answer any of my emails. the tracking number you sent tells me Im entering the number incorectly. I want my money back. Paul.

Please either send me my comics or refund my money.

Paul.

- now this seller has opened and read the emails and has been posting since about submitting to cgc....I just want the comics or my money back......the tracking number incidently ive tried numerous times (everyday actually) and its never come back as being for a know packaged. think ive been scammed.......advice??? does this person go on probation???

thx in advance, Paul.

Hasn't this guy exhibited a long enough pattern to merit a permanent entry on the probation list? All one has to do is check his history here to see nothing but long delays that don't get any communication until Paypal disputes are filed.

actually provided me with a tracking number that comes back as not known!!! take it ive lost my money and i should check this thread in the future......

If he mailed it USPS, I don't believe we have tracking numbers from the US to Canada, if it's UPS, you might want to contact them.

actually provided me with a tracking number that comes back as not known!!! take it ive lost my money and i should check this thread in the future......

If he mailed it USPS, I don't believe we have tracking numbers from the US to Canada, if it's UPS, you might want to contact them.

then he should have emailed that...not just ignored my emails!!! im not unreasonable, but i won't be had over either...............

The guy is notoriously slow and has been on and off the probation list more than once. He certainly has a pattern and practice exactly as you have described your transaction.

What I don't understand is why people keep coming back to buy his Krap . . . It's not like he has the GOODS or anything - he's a misguided modern monger with bad customer service and belongs on eBay - not here. :sumo:

The guy is notoriously slow and has been on and off the probation list more than once. He certainly has a pattern and practice exactly as you have described your transaction.

What I don't understand is why people keep coming back to buy his Krap . . . It's not like he has the GOODS or anything - he's a misguided modern monger with bad customer service and belongs on eBay - not here. :sumo:

didn't know divad...still learning the boards and this is a lesson learnt...check the probation list before buying......(except off worldsbestcomics, got them within the week and possibly the best packaging so far for CGC comics (thumbs u cheers Steve!!!)

If you would keep people on the list longer than immediately after they rectify a problem, perhaps it would be easier for people to tell that someone's been on probation before.

Tim,

A good point, but I'm unclear on how to do that. On the other hand, it only took about 30 seconds to find this by searching his name in the Sales Forum:

10/12/07 PROBATION UPDATE

The following Forum Members are currently on "probation" for failure to complete a transaction in good faith after one month's time:

bronzejunkie

Cap FFreak

comicmankev

daken2626

donavan74

Herald2Galactus (1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

Joker-Fish

Lighthouse

Nascar

Sid

SpiderJay300

:sumo:

I looked at his books when I first joined the boards. And when I asked about some books, someone chimed in stating they still hadnt received the books they ordered. How many times can someone be put on probation before they are just considered a habitual offender ?

I don't know - as long as people keep dealing with a probationer, there are chances for recidivism.

One thing that bugs me about this list, is it seems like there is no way for a buyer on the list to get off the list without following through on the original purchase that he's not about to follow through on.

Not that I pay any attention to this list anyway. I just check in on this thread for the witty banter.

Seriously though. Who among us can resist the temptation of sweet high grade modern Wolverines!