• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Well it is that book but the deal was negotiated after the sale was brought down. The terms contained the amount and not a timeframe. I inquired to the buyer 5 days after the negotiated payment since payment wasn't made and a reply that the payment would be made the next night.

Given that "night" has passed 3 days ago, the buyer comes back and states that he is waiting for payment on a sale in order to complete my sale.

Knowing that the rule states 30 days, I'm trying to find out if I can safely back out and sell to the back up buyer without nomination to the PL. Usually I read the 30 day rule to be primarily towards the sellers due to lack of response or late in mailing an item purchased....

Sounds like a lot of grey area - I suppose if it were me, I'd stick to either A) the rules I outlined in the listing or B) the stipulations/exceptions laid forth in the PM.

If no stipulations or exceptions were made via PM, stick with the 48 hour rule and act accordingly.

Personally, when there's a problem - I think sticking to the rules even when it's an inconvenience is the best way to go. That's really the only way to keep it black and white if you're worried about running aground on the PL.

2c

Well it is that book but the deal was negotiated after the sale was brought down. The terms contained the amount and not a timeframe. I inquired to the buyer 5 days after the negotiated payment since payment wasn't made and a reply that the payment would be made the next night.

Given that "night" has passed 3 days ago, the buyer comes back and states that he is waiting for payment on a sale in order to complete my sale.

Knowing that the rule states 30 days, I'm trying to find out if I can safely back out and sell to the back up buyer without nomination to the PL. Usually I read the 30 day rule to be primarily towards the sellers due to lack of response or late in mailing an item purchased....

Even though you didn't state the condition in your agreement, it seems he set his own payment date when he said he was pay three days ago. Shouldn't this count as him breaking his own conditions?

Even though you didn't state the condition in your agreement, it seems he set his own payment date when he said he was pay three days ago. Shouldn't this count as him breaking his own conditions?

I agree that a failure to come through on a post sale commitment gives the seller enough wiggle room to back out & avoid any PL nomination.

Having said that, if I was already at 9 days, the most agreeable approach would be to offer the buyer 24 hours to complete the sale (noting that the promised payment was missed) before proceeding to plan B.

sellers should probably start putting their expected payment dates in their thread rules if they care that much.

sellers should probably start putting their expected payment dates in their thread rules if they care that much.

It's not unreasonable for someone who sells a $7,000 book to expect to be paid within a couple days of the I'll Take It. If they want extra time they should ask for it rather than taking it as a given.

But doesn't a buyer have to wait 30 days for a book to send before they can bring it to nomination? Can a buyer back out after 30 days? Should sellers say how long they will take to ship?

Dan

Well under rule 8, you better lol

8.List estimated shipping costs, times, and methods.

I agree that a failure to come through on a post sale commitment gives the seller enough wiggle room to back out & avoid any PL nomination.

Having said that, if I was already at 9 days, the most agreeable approach would be to offer the buyer 24 hours to complete the sale (noting that the promised payment was missed) before proceeding to plan B.

I agree that this is the best advice, under the circumstances. Since I have been buying here I've worked under the assumption that payment is due within a few days max of being invoiced, what used to be called "in a timely fashion", which is never precise but does assume speedy payment.

That said, given the PL rules, I think that without a clear ultimatum from the seller, the buyer could come here with a legitimate complaint if the book was now sold out from underneath them. 9 days is indeed slow and questionable, but it is not a catastrophe justifying the voiding of a deal. 2c

25kk0ah.gif

Not another Team A vs. Team B.

Keep the topic on point - A-DONIS Probation Nomination by several members.

lol

My on point post regarding Adonis is that this is a continuous pattern of interest free loans he is getting from the sales forum.

While he technically may "make it right" within the rules laid out, he has repeatedly done this with multiple people. At this point, he is Lighthouse light. ...(snip)...

Lighthouse Light, Diet Lighthouse, and Lighthouse Zero have already been assigned.

You are welcome, however, to assign the moniker of "Lighthouse TEN" to this member if you feel the comparison fits. Please note that, despite common misperception, this moniker is not to be presented as "Lighthouse 10" or "Lighthouse Ten", but only as "Lighthouse TEN".

We now return you to your regularly scheduled discussion, already in progress.

How can I look at my 1st posts?

Like this one ?

Awesome! That's how I met Will. Ok. How about me complaining about a Chew 1 2nd print early in my posting.

Have at it.

I was actually looking for this

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3267425&nt=2740&fpart=712

It carries on until page 729. For those interested in the evolution of the PL I believe off board transactions between board members was added as a result.

I thought about whether to bring this up. The problem is it shows a definite pattern. For those that ever feel bullied by a long standing board member and are afraid to speak up i feel obligated to link this. The pattern appears to be refusing to follow through until it's public. If someone does not make it public then what happens?

If you ever believe post count has nothing to do with anything then you should have seen the thread in CG about this.

This shows a continuous pattern for more than 5 years. My concern is those who don't come forward.

25kk0ah.gif

Not another Team A vs. Team B.

Keep the topic on point - A-DONIS Probation Nomination by several members.

lol

My on point post regarding Adonis is that this is a continuous pattern of interest free loans he is getting from the sales forum.

While he technically may "make it right" within the rules laid out, he has repeatedly done this with multiple people. At this point, he is Lighthouse light. ...(snip)...

Lighthouse Light, Diet Lighthouse, and Lighthouse Zero have already been assigned.

You are welcome, however, to assign the moniker of "Lighthouse TEN" to this member if you feel the comparison fits. Please note that, despite common misperception, this moniker is not to be presented as "Lighthouse 10" or "Lighthouse Ten", but only as "Lighthouse TEN".

We now return you to your regularly scheduled discussion, already in progress.

d8uxi.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

How can I look at my 1st posts?

Like this one ?

Awesome! That's how I met Will. Ok. How about me complaining about a Chew 1 2nd print early in my posting.

Have at it.

I was actually looking for this

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3267425&nt=2740&fpart=712

It carries on until page 729. For those interested in the evolution of the PL I believe off board transactions between board members was added as a result.

I thought about whether to bring this up. The problem is it shows a definite pattern. For those that ever feel bullied by a long standing board member and are afraid to speak up i feel obligated to link this. The pattern appears to be refusing to follow through until it's public. If someone does not make it public then what happens?

If you ever believe post count has nothing to do with anything then you should have seen the thread in CG about this.

This shows a continuous pattern for more than 5 years. My concern is those who don't come forward.

The mere fact that your fishing for others is comedic at best.

Also, calling me a bully is not only arrogant on your part, but it furthers my belief that you have it out for me. You purposely seeked out a five year old issue that you and I put behind us, making be believe that we were friends. I guess that changed after NYCC. I even asked you for advice, and you turned on me.

MoJoePin has decided not to finish the transaction with me, and added that I need to conduct future business with boardies with respect, which was also mentioned by Bosco, Speedy-D and Columbia Comics.

Should I have shipped things faster? Yes.

Does it make me less responsible when I don't? Yes

:facepalm:

It is a 5 year continuous pattern of lies followed by the same "apology" which obviously means nothing. At what point should you simply be banned from the sales forum?

This is not personal. I moved past our transaction and would bring this up if I was not the buyer. By continually allowing you to borrow money, "apologize" and sell again it affects all of us.

Your PM shows once again, make mistake, claim you'll do better and then repeat. Actions speak louder than words and your actions show zero improvement.

Also, to your point, I am trying to help you here. Allowing you to continue this way does not help you in any way.

If my apologies mean nothing, that is for the buyer to decide, not you.

Actually it is for all that discuss these probation cases and all future buyers/sellers who wish to deal with you. It means nothing because you don't change and then use the same line next time. How is that sincere?