• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

No, that's just one possible remedy. Another is to complete the deal as intended (hulk 181 cgc 9.0 at agreed price) another is "measure of damages" and look at the position the buyer would be in (in possession of a hulk 181 worth about 2500) verses what he paid and reimburse him the difference (about 300 dollars). And of course any other form of remedy the two parties can agree to. Finally if hustruck is trying to make restitution in good faith and 4comix is just refusing anything (a.k.a acting in bad faith) he could come off. That would of course require a majority of us recognizing that.

Also, sha, hustruck got himself into this mess, no one put him here. Don't list a book you don't have. Its as simple as that.

With his many shady tactics I can't for the life of me not see him anywhere else but the HoS.

+1

I think of the PL as a tool to help encourage parties to complete transactions and resolve problems.

HOS is to protect the community against those who lack the business ethics to behave above board.

I would consider Hustrucks actions (in terms of the deception regarding the cracked slab in an effort to get out of a deal he could no longer complete) to fall into the second category.

His instinct/choice was to deceive rather than fess up and try to make amends. Someone willing to take that path should not be conducting any sort of business on the boards.

maybe he'll come on here, throw himself on the mercy of the boards, say he didnt know what else to do blah blah blah.... but it comes down to when faced with a choice of lying or being honest... he chose lies.

Wow, well said.

The PL is about getting an incomplete transaction completed. Beyond that there is not a lot in the rules that clarifies these situations, except this

e) If completing the transaction is no longer possible, the accuser may outline a proposed path to resolution.

The "may" suggests that the accuser is not obligated. I would think that if Hus does return to plead his case, that the accuser would be bound in good faith to propose something reasonable.

I am assuming here that the original book is no longer available, if it ever was.

I agree with Jaybuck that the consensus of the community would be the final judge of what is reasonable in the circumstances. 2c

I disagree with this, the community is not they offended person. I would say that 4comix would be the judge of what is reasonable. We as the community can either agree or disagree with what he deems reasonable.

I was assuming he was talking about a HOS nomination here, but I was wrong, I think.

-slym

I was talking about the PL, but with specific reference to a case like this were it is impossible to complete the original transaction. The question is often asked, how then can the person on the PL get off? My point was only that if the offended person demanded something unfair or unreasonable as compensation, the community would have a right to step in and insist on something reasonable.

The PL is not meant to be a prison, it assumes both parties are going to act reasonably to get a transaction completed. What is "reasonable", by definition, is a community standard. 2c

The PL is not meant to be a prison,

If that is true then Hustruck doesn't belong on the PL.

He belongs in the HoS.

That is true, and I agree, HusTruck deserves to be in the Hall.

+1 gotta nip this in the arse now before it gets way out of hand

No, that's just one possible remedy. Another is to complete the deal as intended (hulk 181 cgc 9.0 at agreed price) another is "measure of damages" and look at the position the buyer would be in (in possession of a hulk 181 worth about 2500) verses what he paid and reimburse him the difference (about 300 dollars). And of course any other form of remedy the two parties can agree to. Finally if hustruck is trying to make restitution in good faith and 4comix is just refusing anything (a.k.a acting in bad faith) he could come off. That would of course require a majority of us recognizing that.

Also, sha, hustruck got himself into this mess, no one put him here. Don't list a book you don't have. Its as simple as that.

With his many shady tactics I can't for the life of me not see him anywhere else but the HoS.

+1

I think of the PL as a tool to help encourage parties to complete transactions and resolve problems.

HOS is to protect the community against those who lack the business ethics to behave above board.

I would consider Hustrucks actions (in terms of the deception regarding the cracked slab in an effort to get out of a deal he could no longer complete) to fall into the second category.

His instinct/choice was to deceive rather than fess up and try to make amends. Someone willing to take that path should not be conducting any sort of business on the boards.

maybe he'll come on here, throw himself on the mercy of the boards, say he didnt know what else to do blah blah blah.... but it comes down to when faced with a choice of lying or being honest... he chose lies.

I'm oftentimes against the call for the HOS, but the more I read things like this and what others have stated, I think he belongs in the HOS as well. He's not going to learn the error of his ways. He'll just come in and :blahblah: with excuse after excuse and try to get off the PL. Something clearly isn't right upstairs with this guy. :screwy:

I'd vote HOS as well. (thumbs u

so no response? what does that mean for hustruck??

As I understand it, you had expected to buy a book and tried to set up a meeting, which he declined, and then claimed (falsely, it appears) that the slab was damaged and broke off contact. And you have not heard from him since, is that correct?

yes... I claimed the book, made arrangements to meet up because he wanted cash... kept getting the run around. Then a week later got the fake cracked case pic and told another story, I nominated him for probation... got a bunch of txts (gave him my number to meet and exchange for the book) and noones heard from him since... no Instagram, never read my PM, no boards ??

Hustruck bought an Akira #2 off of me for $25 plus $12 shipping. He also claimed a slight crack and wanted $12 for reholder fee. I asked for pictures of the crack and he sent me a picture of the side. Stupidly enough, I didn't ask for pictures of the crack with the front cover :(

I just wanted to get rid of him so I just refunded his $12.

The picture he sent me was just a hairline crack on one of the sides. I believe the background was dark as well.

Edited by PhoKing

Ugghh... I hate to hear things like that PhoKing. It always makes me wonder how many times this has happened to other boardies and no one said anything because they didn't realize they may have been taken advantage of.

So here is the list of hustruck's eBay ids:

Hustruck007 (his "main" ID)

jazamthepuss2010 (the ID he used to lowball Mad titan with)

hulksmash2005 (This ID was NARU'd on Feb-26-14) http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ReturnUserIdHistory&requested=hulksmash2005

1***S (17 star) (his ID he used to "purchase" the Hulk 181)

Hustruck007 is now showing as an invalid user id now when I try to add it to my ebay block list

:gossip: all lowercase - hustruck007

eBay is case sensitive.

so no response? what does that mean for hustruck??

As I understand it, you had expected to buy a book and tried to set up a meeting, which he declined, and then claimed (falsely, it appears) that the slab was damaged and broke off contact. And you have not heard from him since, is that correct?

yes... I claimed the book, made arrangements to meet up because he wanted cash... kept getting the run around. Then a week later got the fake cracked case pic and told another story, I nominated him for probation... got a bunch of txts (gave him my number to meet and exchange for the book) and noones heard from him since... no Instagram, never read my PM, no boards ??

Hustruck bought an Akira #2 off of me for $25 plus $12 shipping. He also claimed a slight crack and wanted $12 for reholder fee. I asked for pictures of the crack and he sent me a picture of the side. Stupidly enough, I didn't ask for pictures of the crack with the front cover :(

I just wanted to get rid of him so I just refunded his $12.

The picture he sent me was just a hairline crack on one of the sides. I believe the background was dark as well.

Was it any of the pics in the link below:

That previously posted picture of the damaged hulk case is a fake. Here is the original CGC thread where the Captain America 14 is shown. From July 2014.

captain america 14 case

My name is HarveySwick and I was Hustrucked. HusTruck "PM sent"ed me with a lowball offer for some Infinity Gauntlets. I rejected the offer and he found the eBay listings from when I purchased the books months earlier and insisted I sell them to him for that price. When I removed myself from the PM thread and the books sold, he repeatedly PMed me demanding that I reveal to him the prices the books were sold for. :insane:

My name is HarveySwick and I was Hustrucked. HusTruck "PM sent"ed me with a lowball offer for some Infinity Gauntlets. I rejected the offer and he found the eBay listings from when I purchased the books months earlier and insisted I sell them to him for that price. When I removed myself from the PM thread and the books sold, he repeatedly PMed me demanding that I reveal to him the prices the books were sold for. :insane:

:roflmao:

Is this for real?

Unfortunately I've gotten enough low ball offers and stories of "I need it for my collection I promise" to fill a truck...and promises to pay by check? I've lowered many prices for promises to pay by check and then it appears no one owns checks, or they can't find them...not everyone...but I wouldn't even think of calling any of the people who didn't go the check route out for it. I just might not lower the prices for them the next time.

Not owning a book you have in a thread and faking a picture of a cracked case in order to deceive is bad, absolutely probation bad, but I can't see that it's hall of shame worthy.

Shilling is bad, but it was on eBay and I hate to say that I see it all the time done by some really "nice" people.

Not HOS worthy...

so the I've been hustrucked idea is great, but what specifically has he done that is worthy of the highest level of corner sitting here?

Name those please so if we do a HOS vote, it has a real shot of passing.