• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

But what about the outright lie, deception, falsehood? That's what is grinding my gears. He claimed the case was cracked and then sent pics of a different book (claiming that it was in fact the book that was supposed to be part of the transaction). A diligent boardie found the false book on ebay on here. That is what is shameful (in addition to screwing over the OP).

:gossip: the cracked case picks he posted were found by a boardie had been posted on the boards months ago looking at what to do when receiving it in the mail. I think it was a captain america book.

No, that's just one possible remedy. Another is to complete the deal as intended (hulk 181 cgc 9.0 at agreed price) another is "measure of damages" and look at the position the buyer would be in (in possession of a hulk 181 worth about 2500) verses what he paid and reimburse him the difference (about 300 dollars). And of course any other form of remedy the two parties can agree to. Finally if hustruck is trying to make restitution in good faith and 4comix is just refusing anything (a.k.a acting in bad faith) he could come off. That would of course require a majority of us recognizing that.

Also, sha, hustruck got himself into this mess, no one put him here. Don't list a book you don't have. Its as simple as that.

I'd like a whackadoodle list Jason. I thought that whole sales thread was right out of Bizarro land which is why I agreed about wanting to see the PMs..

The reason I asked the questions here was in no way in defense of Hustruck, but because the probation list seems to be growing tremendously in the past few years and I was wondering if the reasons for being added had morphed a little.

That may be entirely true sha. From a veteran standpoint what is the purpose to be added to the PL? My guess is there may be some unwritten understanding the veterans had with regard to it, but the way I read the rules, and the way its generally promoted as, if you break a deal (either by not selling the book you intend to sell, not mail out/pay within 30 days, bait and switch etc) then you can be nominated to the pl.

The PL is about getting an incomplete transaction completed. Beyond that there is not a lot in the rules that clarifies these situations, except this

e) If completing the transaction is no longer possible, the accuser may outline a proposed path to resolution.

The "may" suggests that the accuser is not obligated. I would think that if Hus does return to plead his case, that the accuser would be bound in good faith to propose something reasonable.

I am assuming here that the original book is no longer available, if it ever was.

I agree with Jaybuck that the consensus of the community would be the final judge of what is reasonable in the circumstances. 2c

No, that's just one possible remedy. Another is to complete the deal as intended (hulk 181 cgc 9.0 at agreed price) another is "measure of damages" and look at the position the buyer would be in (in possession of a hulk 181 worth about 2500) verses what he paid and reimburse him the difference (about 300 dollars). And of course any other form of remedy the two parties can agree to. Finally if hustruck is trying to make restitution in good faith and 4comix is just refusing anything (a.k.a acting in bad faith) he could come off. That would of course require a majority of us recognizing that.

Also, sha, hustruck got himself into this mess, no one put him here. Don't list a book you don't have. Its as simple as that.

I'd like a whackadoodle list Jason. I thought that whole sales thread was right out of Bizarro land which is why I agreed about wanting to see the PMs..

The reason I asked the questions here was in no way in defense of Hustruck, but because the probation list seems to be growing tremendously in the past few years and I was wondering if the reasons for being added had morphed a little.

Sha is it also possible that part of the reason the PL has grown so much lately is that a large chunk of new members have joined here and rather than joining here to hang out with and be friendly with a bunch of other like minded, comic loving individuals, they joined here because they found a buying/selling place to get cool booksTM and since they are so less interested in doing good transactions with friends and see the boards more as a fee free ebay then thats why we've had more busted deals and more PL nominations?

What's concerning to me is that he never had the book.

It seems like he planed to snipe the book off of ebay and have it presold on the boards or on InstaGram to make a quick $200-$300.

Since 4comix would not send a check.. Hus was not able to pay the seller and made the excuse that the book was damaged.

I don't think his intention was to scam anybody out of $2k... but I do think he was trying to hustle someone to pay for the book he had won on auction...with a lil profit for him.

Edited by Gem_Mint

:hi: Hustruck! I have no doubt you are reading this, so feel free to jump in and explain what happened.

The irony is that this is what he posted on instagram (unrelated to this transaction)

Why does he trust me along with many other customers?

Because I have never given any one of my customers a reason not to trust me, and every reason to trust me.

Trust is earned not given!

Don't ever hesitate to trust me, I have over 20 references on IG alone.

Sha is it also possible that part of the reason the PL has grown so much lately is that a large chunk of new members have joined here and rather than joining here to hang out with and be friendly with a bunch of other like minded, comic loving individuals, they joined here because they found a buying/selling place to get cool booksTM and since they are so less interested in doing good transactions with friends and see the boards more as a fee free ebay then thats why we've had more busted deals and more PL nominations?

I believe this is a huge misconception. Maybe my perception of new and yours are different.

Also I don't a comic loving individual, friendly with everyone etc is necessary to do good transactions, I think that's more of a basic human trait of being honest/responsible especially from a sellers standpoint.

Bottom line if you are honest, upfront (disclose all info) grade correctly, ship quickly and carefully there should be no reason why you can't be successful selling on these boards.

There's a lot more to these boards than the Marketplace that you and I enjoy but not necessary to be a smart/respected seller/buyer.

The PL is about getting an incomplete transaction completed. Beyond that there is not a lot in the rules that clarifies these situations, except this

e) If completing the transaction is no longer possible, the accuser may outline a proposed path to resolution.

The "may" suggests that the accuser is not obligated. I would think that if Hus does return to plead his case, that the accuser would be bound in good faith to propose something reasonable.

I am assuming here that the original book is no longer available, if it ever was.

I agree with Jaybuck that the consensus of the community would be the final judge of what is reasonable in the circumstances. 2c

I disagree with this, the community is not they offended person. I would say that 4comix would be the judge of what is reasonable. We as the community can either agree or disagree with what he deems reasonable.

So here is the list of hustruck's eBay ids:

Hustruck007 (his "main" ID)

jazamthepuss2010 (the ID he used to lowball Mad titan with)

hulksmash2005 (This ID was NARU'd on Feb-26-14) http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ReturnUserIdHistory&requested=hulksmash2005

1***S (17 star) (his ID he used to "purchase" the Hulk 181)

Hustruck007 is now showing as an invalid user id now when I try to add it to my ebay block list

But what about the outright lie, deception, falsehood? That's what is grinding my gears. He claimed the case was cracked and then sent pics of a different book (claiming that it was in fact the book that was supposed to be part of the transaction). A diligent boardie found the false book on ebay on here. That is what is shameful (in addition to screwing over the OP).

Good points...

-slym

I disagree with this, the community is not they offended person. I would say that 4comix would be the judge of what is reasonable. We as the community can either agree or disagree with what he deems reasonable.

I was assuming he was talking about a HOS nomination here, but I was wrong, I think.

-slym

With his many shady tactics I can't for the life of me not see him anywhere else but the HoS.

Edited by oakman29

With his many shady tactics I can't for the life of me see not see him anywhere else but the HoS.

+1

With his many shady tactics I can't for the life of me not see him anywhere else but the HoS.

+1

I think of the PL as a tool to help encourage parties to complete transactions and resolve problems.

HOS is to protect the community against those who lack the business ethics to behave above board.

I would consider Hustrucks actions (in terms of the deception regarding the cracked slab in an effort to get out of a deal he could no longer complete) to fall into the second category.

His instinct/choice was to deceive rather than fess up and try to make amends. Someone willing to take that path should not be conducting any sort of business on the boards.

maybe he'll come on here, throw himself on the mercy of the boards, say he didnt know what else to do blah blah blah.... but it comes down to when faced with a choice of lying or being honest... he chose lies.