• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

My name is HarveySwick and I was Hustrucked. HusTruck "PM sent"ed me with a lowball offer for some Infinity Gauntlets. I rejected the offer and he found the eBay listings from when I purchased the books months earlier and insisted I sell them to him for that price. When I removed myself from the PM thread and the books sold, he repeatedly PMed me demanding that I reveal to him the prices the books were sold for. :insane:

Is this for real?

Sadly, yes. :screwy:

So here is the list of hustruck's eBay ids:

Hustruck007 (his "main" ID)

jazamthepuss2010 (the ID he used to lowball Mad titan with)

hulksmash2005 (This ID was NARU'd on Feb-26-14) http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ReturnUserIdHistory&requested=hulksmash2005

1***S (17 star) (his ID he used to "purchase" the Hulk 181)

Hustruck007 is now showing as an invalid user id now when I try to add it to my ebay block list

:gossip: all lowercase - hustruck007

eBay is case sensitive.

Done. (thumbs u

Can we add an example to the HOS rules that reads:

"For avoidance of doubt, lying, intentional misrepresentation, and any other similar practices are acceptable behavior and shall not be grounds for HOS inclusion or nomination."

The reason I DO (now) think HOS is the right place for him is because it's who he is. He's not going to go on the PL, learn from the error of his ways and be a positive member. There's something that's just not right with him in the head just like there was with Symbiotic. In fact, HusTruck seems to be ramping up his shady behaviors from minor annoyance and low-baller to trying to drop ship books to using stolen photos to get out of a failed deal. This is his mindset - to make money by any means possible and he doesn't care who he screws over in the process. I feel like this behavior is only going to continue and worsen with time.

Additionally, he has multiple eBay accounts, shills and tries to pass the blame with fabricated stories. He has come close to screwing over mutiple members. This isn't a one time thing with him. I think PL is focused on a one time incident which can be remedied and HOS is for someone whose behavior is a fundamental element to who they are and can't be changed.

"For avoidance of doubt, lying, intentional misrepresentation, and any other similar practices are acceptable behavior and shall not be grounds for HOS inclusion or nomination."

^ Good point. Here's something I posted just about a week ago in the General Discussion thread (before the fake photo came to light):

You want to make it right? Nominate him for the PL for not honoring a deal so in the future others can be warned! :baiting:

How much more need happen before we can just go ahead and pursue an HOS nomination? Have his multiple transgressions not been "multiple enough" yet?

I raised that inquiry based on the existing language in the HOS "rules":

5) Probation List versus Hall Of Shame

a) The Probation List is for transactions that have not been fulfilled as promised.

b) The Hall Of Shame is for serious transgressions. For example, selling a book/books and sending nothing of value in the package. Interfering with someone's business. Being a multiple offender.

Now, take a look at Jaybuck's post from yesterday: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8287753#Post8287753

If this clown isn't a "multiple offender", someone will have to explain to me what a "multiple offender" is. Is that term limited to someone who has been on the PL multiple times? Is that what we want it to mean?

I think a message needs to be sent that you can't roll into this community off eBay (or Instagram, or wherever) and behave this way.

^ Good point. Here's something I posted just about a week ago in the General Discussion thread (before the fake photo came to light):

You want to make it right? Nominate him for the PL for not honoring a deal so in the future others can be warned! :baiting:

How much more need happen before we can just go ahead and pursue an HOS nomination? Have his multiple transgressions not been "multiple enough" yet?

I raised that inquiry based on the existing language in the HOS "rules":

5) Probation List versus Hall Of Shame

a) The Probation List is for transactions that have not been fulfilled as promised.

b) The Hall Of Shame is for serious transgressions. For example, selling a book/books and sending nothing of value in the package. Interfering with someone's business. Being a multiple offender.

Now, take a look at Jaybuck's post from yesterday: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8287753#Post8287753

If this clown isn't a "multiple offender", someone will have to explain to me what a "multiple offender" is. Is that term limited to someone who has been on the PL multiple times? Is that what we want it to mean?

I think a message needs to be sent that you can't roll into this community off eBay (or Instagram, or wherever) and behave this way.

Agreed!

I have 2 eBay id's

One to sell with and one to buy with

I closed down my account before to start a fresh selling account.

That is 100% in line with eBay rules

As for the PL nomination

According to the forum rules I have the right to refuse and cancel a transaction for any reason as long as I state that in my thread.

I wrote this at the bottom of my last 3 sales threads.

I reserve the right to cancel the transaction with anyone for any reason......to protect myself in case an unforseen circumstances arose.

So according to the forum rules the nomination is invalid and I should be taken off ASAP.

Comicdonna confirmed to me that as long as it was stated in the thread i have the right to cancel if I want to with no consequence.

I never asked for payment even though he insisted on sending it multiple times. Never once asked for payment upfront.

I have 2 eBay id's

One to sell with and one to buy with

I closed down my account before to start a fresh selling account.

That is 100% in line with eBay rules

As for the PL nomination

According to the forum rules I have the right to refuse and cancel a transaction for any reason as long as I state that in my thread.

I wrote this at the bottom of my last 3 sales threads.

I reserve the right to cancel the transaction with anyone for any reason......to protect myself in case an unforseen circumstances arose.

So according to the forum rules the nomination is invalid and I should be taken off ASAP.

Comicdonna confirmed to me that as long as it was stated in the thread i have the right to cancel if I want to with no consequence.

I never asked for payment even though he insisted on sending it multiple times. Never once asked for payment upfront.

your sales thread says this "I reserve the right to refuse sale to anyone for any reason"

that is completely different than "I reserve the right to cancel the transaction"

you may not have completed the transaction but you agreed to it. You can't cancel it after you've agreed to sell the item at the agreed price.