• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Why are people assuming that other people are confusing the Hos and PL issue with defending HT?

I missed that somewhere....

I don't agree with A Romeo about thinking given enough time, HT will bilk someone out of hundreds of thousands of dollars, which forces me to agree with Branget, which makes me feel dirty.

However, there has to be a way to discourage people like HT from even thinking of registering on the boards to begin with. I feel there are a lot of violators and constant troublemakers making this place out to be a soft target and get away with shenanagins they can't at other places, like eBay.

And without the help from moderation (which seems to work in proxy when it comes to PL and HoS anyway. I'm not getting into THAT issue) the community is left to fend off and basically ignore the problem at the same time. It's just not healthy, in my mind anyway.

lol

Why are people assuming that other people are confusing the Hos and PL issue with defending HT?

I don't agree with A Romeo about thinking given enough time, HT will bilk someone out of hundreds of thousands of dollars, which forces me to agree with Branget, which makes me feel dirty.

However, there has to be a way to discourage people like HT from even thinking of registering on the boards to begin with. I feel there are a lot of violators and constant troublemakers making this place out to be a soft target and get away with shenanagins they can't at other places, like eBay.

And without the help from moderation (which seems to work in proxy when it comes to PL and HoS anyway. I'm not getting into THAT issue) the community is left to fend off and basically ignore the problem at the same time. It's just not healthy, in my mind anyway.

Politics make strange bedfellows. lol In the past week I have had to agree with Chip, and worse, I have started to actually like you. :grin: Worlds are colliding! :ohnoez:

Nothing is certain, however if he did would anyone be surprised given his actions so far? Shouldn't it be the responsibility of the board members to let others know at any given point this person is a high risk/problem? I'm from the school of thought that you need to take care of an issue before it spirals into something worse

Nothing is certain, however if he did would anyone be surprised given his actions so far? Shouldn't it be the responsibility of the board members to let others know at any given point this person is a high risk/problem? I'm from the school of thought that you need to take care of an issue before it spirals into something worse

I'm sorry bud, I cannot buy into that type of thinking. You cannot know another, ever. You can make guesses but that is a huge exaggeration not worthy of paying attention to. I will agree that he is a high risk reoffender and we shouldn't be dealing with it like the US parole board. He should just be kicked out of the community, period. I thought HoS would be a great deterrent, but it turns out the whole system is flawed without moderation help. At least, that's how I see it. If the board owners cannot patrol, it's going to be hands tied for the community to police itself.

I really hope a resolution comes about that benefits everyone. Until then, these discussions will carry on indefinitely.

Politics make strange bedfellows. lol In the past week I have had to agree with Chip, and worse, I have started to actually like you. :grin: Worlds are colliding! :ohnoez:

Really? I've always liked you..... until now lol

But no one like me! :cry:

:roflmao::foryou:

I know eh? Ignore you here and PSN :Plol

I'm sorry bud, I cannot buy into that type of thinking. You cannot know another, ever. You can make guesses but that is a huge exaggeration not worthy of paying attention to. I will agree that he is a high risk reoffender and we shouldn't be dealing with it like the US parole board. He should just be kicked out of the community, period. I thought HoS would be a great deterrent, but it turns out the whole system is flawed without moderation help. At least, that's how I see it. If the board owners cannot patrol, it's going to be hands tied for the community to police itself.

I really hope a resolution comes about that benefits everyone. Until then, these discussions will carry on indefinitely.

I do agree that the system is flawed without mod help.

As it stands the only real way to fix it would be allowance of positive and negative feedback where in order to sell every seller must list their feedback link in their sales thread for easy access.

Or

If the seller is known to have been mixed up in some shady dealings one member of the boards can post a warning letting others know that person has been on the PL more than once in the sellers sales thread.

I guarantee you see less shenanigans if either of those rules were implemented

Jeebus....still hustruck!?

Wow...I got.some readings to do...

Or,Jeff,pm.me a Readers Digest condensed version?Or anyone?

There was a poll, then it got deleted. Discussion is ongoing if another poll should be issued. Hustruck responded again, lied more, 4comix proved HT was lying. Discussion about reformation of the rules is ongoing in CG.

That's basically it.

:)

-slym

It seems like the CGC chatboards has become just like the Congress of the United States. Petty squabbling, in-fighting, votes, revotes, lying....it's all there. lol

Yes, Im hoping to get caught up in an intern sex scandal any minute :wishluck:

monica_cigar.jpg

HAVE A CIGAR

Edited by HHwolfman

Calm down sonny boy. lol

I do agree that the system is flawed without mod help.

As it stands the only real way to fix it would be allowance of positive and negative feedback where in order to sell every seller must list their feedback link in their sales thread for easy access.

Or

If the seller is known to have been mixed up in some shady dealings one member of the boards can post a warning letting others know that person has been on the PL more than once in the sellers sales thread.

I guarantee you see less shenanigans if either of those rules were implemented

Those are intelligent and valid options. However, I already feel the sentiment is that this place is nowhere near mature enough to hold negative kudos in check, which is why it isn't allowed. This is just one of those cases where a bad apple indeed ruins everything for everyone.

You know it's just going to degrade to schoolyard name calling and all that other bs that goes with it

Calm down sonny boy. lol

Quiet old man, kids are playing! lol

Calm down sonny boy. lol

Quiet old man, kids are playing! lol

Get the hell off my lawn...... :preach:

I know eh? Ignore you here and PSN :Plol

lol I haven't actually been on for a few days now actually.

the bottom line is not everyone has to agree... your never going to get everyone to agree if HT should or shouldn't be in the HOF... that's why there's a vote. The vote last I checked before it was takes down was 100+ yes and 8 no.... so I think the numbers spoke for themselves. As for the people who say he never scammed any money my answer would be it's not for lack of trying! he tried to get me to send a check claiming his paypal wasn't working? (red flag) ... things were all good.. when it switched to me having family and we would exchange money for book same time THATS when the tales began. Again you may or may not believe he is or isn't worthy of HOS but that's why you vote.... I don't vote Obama but he's stilll the president... nowhere does it say we need 100% last I checked 90% seems overwhelming ... 51% maybe we debate but 90%+ is a slam dunk meh