• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Dwc asked for pictures.

"Sorry for the delay in emailing.

I went into the hospital at C2E2 and have been off work for over a week.

Do you have pictures of the book before it was cracked to get Romita?

The photo we are looking at does show damage but it doesn't look like new damage.

The books are never handled without the boards.

We crack the books, put in signing bags, get signed, put in finishing bags and mail to CGC.

We never open a book.

Like CGC we are not sure what caused the damage or even what damage is 'new'.

It is hard to tell from the photo but the discoloration of the damage appears to not be new damage.

We understand you are disappointed.

Hopefully you have pictures of the book just signed by Stan that we can examine."

I provided.

They never responded. The only restitution I received was from cgc who gave me a credit for grading, mostly because of the issue preceding when I received the wrong book. I didn't think it probation worthy because they just damaged the book (hence why I have never and will never use their service again)

Dwc asked for pictures.

"Sorry for the delay in emailing.

I went into the hospital at C2E2 and have been off work for over a week.

Do you have pictures of the book before it was cracked to get Romita?

The photo we are looking at does show damage but it doesn't look like new damage.

The books are never handled without the boards.

We crack the books, put in signing bags, get signed, put in finishing bags and mail to CGC.

We never open a book.

Like CGC we are not sure what caused the damage or even what damage is 'new'.

It is hard to tell from the photo but the discoloration of the damage appears to not be new damage.

We understand you are disappointed.

Hopefully you have pictures of the book just signed by Stan that we can examine."

I provided.

They never responded. The only restitution I received was from cgc who gave me a credit for grading, mostly because of the issue preceding when I received the wrong book. I didn't think it probation worthy because they just damaged the book (hence why I have never and will never use their service again)

OK - they asked for pictures. You supplied. They never responded. To me at any rate this is not a completed transaction. I would suggest you re-open this with them. If no satisfaction comes from that bring them up for PL nomination send them a separate email specifying that.

(print-screening this just in case)

Hello ladies & gents,

I have been active on this forum for a few years now and have bought and sold a quite a bit and never had a problem.... until now. I'm having a problem with a buyer and was wondering if this was the appropriate thread to bring it up. Sorry to be so n00bish, but like I said, I've never had a HOS worthy incident before so I'm kinda in the dark about how to proceed. Thanks for any input.

If you are just curious about an issue and want to hash it out/discuss whether or not it should be brought up as probation it is PROBABLY (but not necessarily) better to have the discussion in the "General Discussion" thread right underneath this one. There you can keep the buyer's name private, discuss the issues you're having etc and solicit feedback, thoughts, and opinions. From there, if you decide you want to (and the facts qualify for it) bring the buyer up for nomination then you should plead the facts in this thread for discussion and possible action. Hope that helps!

Here is the basic outline as to what has happened:

2/23 the buyer contacted me concerning a book in my sales thread. I agreed to sell the book for "X" amount as opposed to listed price and the buyer informed me that he was possibly interested in more so I wasn't in a hurry to invoice for the 1st item.

3/2 I sent an invoice after not hearing that the buyer was interested in anything else and received no response.

3/12 I sent a very friendly payment reminder and received no response.

3/14 I PM'd the buyer to ask whether or not they plan on going through with the transaction and received no response.

3/28 The buyer removed himself from the topic.

And here I am.

I understand that things happen. Maybe you bought over your head or flat out just changed your mind. I'm not in the business of enforcing sales, but what really gets me here is the lack of communication. The buyer has obviously seen my messages and has actively been posting elsewhere on the forum and behavior like this undermines the credibility of board sales. I am happy to say that everybody else that I have had transactions with acted like complete professionals. At this point, it's not even a big deal if he purchases the book, it's the principle of the matter.

And there is my long winded story.

I don't want to bring out any names just yet and as stated, I have no interest in completing the sale. It just really irritates me that I can't depend on a fellow boardie to just be straight with me and this ignoring messages/removing from topic nonsense is completely childish.

pm them saying you've mentioned it here.

give them a chance to make it right first. if they continue this behavior.... well....

Did they say "I will give you $X for Y book"? or was it "would you take ..."

Just trying to see if there was offer/acceptance.

Regardless, the read, ignore, remove is enough to make my personal list.

pm them saying you've mentioned it here.

give them a chance to make it right first. if they continue this behavior.... well....

I see what you're saying, but on the other hand it has been over a month and several polite messages have been ignored. The consensus seems to be to out the buyer so I'm gonna do just that. They are currently on and I will send one message. If I don't hear back in an hour I'll reveal their name in the interest of accountability. Thanks everybody.