• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Hi board members, I will address this issue to clear up everything. Yes, my brother and I use the same computer. I am user Toyman and he is Comickat. We have always shipped out all items to all who have purchased from us and promptly answered any questions addressed to us. Yes, we have had an issue with a relative who is listed on the HOS because he did not pay for items, but in his defense he was going through very hard times and couldn't afford to pay for the items. That does not make it acceptable, but I wanted to let the board know. If I cannot be a member on these boards due to my relatives past then I will have no choice but to stop posting on these boards. If there is anyway to clear up the non payment issues he had, I can try to rectify that if it's a solution.

toyman purchases a TOS issue from me for $219 on February 28. Didn't hear from him for a few days and then he says give me some time to pay I'm waiting on some board payments...this was on March 2. He told me he lived in the same city as I so I said why don't we meet at the local Starbucks and I hand deliver the book. He said that would work and sent a PP payment of $139 on March 8 and said he'd give me $80 bucks cash when we met.

He PMed me his cellphone on March 10 and I set up a meeting for after work on March 11 and called with no answer. Called the next day no answer. He PMed me and said he had another long meeting and that the next day March 13 would work. He didn't answer my calls on the 13th so I was busy and figured the ball was back (still in) his court and waited to hear back from him. I finally PMed him again on the 15th and said the 16th might work but I was going to be out of town and possibly late home. He said Tues the 17th or Wed the 18th would work. I told him I had something going on St Patty's Day and that I'd meet him at 5:30pm on Wed the 18th...he said PM him the address. I leave work about 5:15pm on Wed the 18th and notice he hasn't even answered the PM which I gave him the address. I called him, no answer...go to the Starbucks just in case (it's right near my house) and call him again no answer and tell him I've got something to do shortly thereafter and couldn't hang around. No answer anyway.

PMed him on the 18th and notice he didn't read that PM for another couple of days. Finally he read the two PMs and didn't leave any reply. Figured I'd wait to hear from him...thought I'd call him this weekend and try and get the transaction completed...only to get a Paypal Claim on my email this morning... :o

He filed a 100% refund and told Paypal I had failed to deliver the book. Again, he had my cellphone number and of course the PMs and he never communicated anything...wanted to back out of the purchase etc. I was pretty bummed...have never had this happen ever since I've been on Paypal...I call Paypal and he says he told them he was no longer a member of CGC so he could no longer pursue the transaction... :o:o

So it's all your guys fault! :sumo::censored:

Just kidding :jokealert:

Anyway, I'll probably let it go but please place Mr. toyman on the Probation List when the time duration kicks in on my behalf... :frustrated:

Sorry to hear it Tom. What a pain in the arse, so much of your valuable time wasted to complete a transaction and he files a paypal claim. Creep squared.

Well nuts.

I bought both toppers in his thread, and paid with paypal immediately, the last one early AM Friday, went out of town after work, back home late yesterday. This should be interesting.

I'll let everyone know what shows up and when, I have received a shipment notice from Paypal.

We'll see.

:popcorn:

Well nuts.

I bought both toppers in his thread, and paid with paypal immediately, the last one early AM Friday, went out of town after work, back home late yesterday. This should be interesting.

I'll let everyone know what shows up and when, I have received a shipment notice from Paypal.

We'll see.

:popcorn:

I almost bought that Bugs Bunny one but remembered a warning from a couple of boardies in the past regarding his past and didnt want to deal with him. I hope you get the items though because they are cool looking.

3000 pages... that's either a sign of great detective work & the solid community values or a commentary on the number of scam artists in the comic buying/selling world.

I guess it's a good thing overall though?

3000 pages... that's either a sign of great detective work & the solid community values or a commentary on the number of scam artists in the comic buying/selling world.

I guess it's a good thing overall though?

I think it's a good thing overall. Think of it as the number of arrests a police department has made. (thumbs u

A few pages back I nominated LarrysComics for the probation list. Our issues have since been resolved, so I'd like to formally retract my nomination.

I'll now show myself out of this thread. I hope that I never have a reason to come back to it.