• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

In my state, solicitation requires (i) offer of money for sex and (ii) a substantial act in furtherance thereof.

Kinda like making a football move after receiving the ball.

jo233.jpg

And here I was thinking how absurd it would be if something like the timeline was called into question lol

If not the timeline, which you aren't disputing, how about just the fact that his response is coming from thin air?

You are sharing his response to a PM you sent him - where is that PM or what did it say?

Once again, you are not sharing the cause of the responses you are offering as your proof. Leaving out the PM that compelled him to respond to you is the same as your failure to disclose why you accepted an offer while making reference to two other books that your non-buyer never asked about.

Same problem as before, you can't cherry pick a discussion so others will the conclusion you want them to reach.

I don't require a response to any of this but if you're going to go from "I'm not in the business of enforcing sales" to "I'm going to out this guy in an hour"...you should anticipate some scrutiny of your proof.

2c

Please just stop. I clearly have nothing to hide here. As stated before, the buyer is clearly and wholly aware of the ongoing discussion. If I was being a total and unreasonable hat here, I would be expect to be called out by the buyer which I would understand.

So let me get this straight.... I'm "outing" a buyer whom I have not named to enforce a sale which I have no interest in completing???? What is my endgame here? You seem to have some mysterious interest in the situation although it has been made clear that IT IS A DONE DEAL. I don't know where your unchecked aggression is coming from, but I'd be happy to meet and arm wrestle for dominance if that will make you feel better. :whatev:

jo3wz.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

And here I was thinking how absurd it would be if something like the timeline was called into question lol

If not the timeline, which you aren't disputing, how about just the fact that his response is coming from thin air?

You are sharing his response to a PM you sent him - where is that PM or what did it say?

Once again, you are not sharing the cause of the responses you are offering as your proof. Leaving out the PM that compelled him to respond to you is the same as your failure to disclose why you accepted an offer while making reference to two other books that your non-buyer never asked about.

Same problem as before, you can't cherry pick a discussion so others will the conclusion you want them to reach.

I don't require a response to any of this but if you're going to go from "I'm not in the business of enforcing sales" to "I'm going to out this guy in an hour"...you should anticipate some scrutiny of your proof.

2c

Please just stop. I clearly have nothing to hide here. As stated before, the buyer is clearly and wholly aware of the ongoing discussion. If I was being a total and unreasonable hat here, I would be expect to be called out by the buyer which I would understand.

So let me get this straight.... I'm "outing" a buyer whom I have not named to enforce a sale which I have no interest in completing???? What is my endgame here? You seem to have some mysterious interest in the situation although it has been made clear that IT IS A DONE DEAL. I don't know where your unchecked aggression is coming from, but I'd be happy to meet and arm wrestle for dominance if that will make you feel better. :whatev:

jo3wz.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

unchecked_zps59xtnzvw.jpg

This is offer and acceptance.

Any reasonable person would view "would you take x" as an offer.

Big difference between asking if the price is firm vs putting a number to it.

That was my thought. As far as mandatory posting an i'll take it in the thread, I haven't bought a book for myself in over two years. When I do purchase, it's usually for a gift and I don't want it known publically.

I ask people all the time if they'll take X dollar amount, only to be told yes, only to tell them, ok I'll keep thinking about it on the sidelines.
If you did that to me, I would say the offer is good for another 5 minutes. :)

I ask people all the time if they'll take X dollar amount, only to be told yes, only to tell them, ok I'll keep thinking about it on the sidelines.

You're too kind.

You're too kind.

If you did that to me more than once, I'd put you on ignore or affirmatively block you from buying in some other fashion.

You're too kind.

If you did that to me more than once, I'd put you on ignore or affirmatively block you from buying in some other fashion.

Can't block the sidelines. :sumo:

You're too kind.

Can't block the sidelines. :sumo:

Give me your money and stop haggling! :makepoint:

An open letter to the CGC boards and members from jop.

I have been having issues since xmas time 1st with a very unexpected truck repair that was a couple of thousand dollars more than expected. That alone put me so truly behind the 8 ball financially that yes, I could not even afford postage to send out items to the winners as I refused to send out 1 persons' if I could not send out all of them.

I no longer have access to well over 90% + of my books at this time and no way of knowing when it will be permitted.

I had spoken and sent out a blanket message regarding this to all of the winners. 2 responded . 1 was Lance and I am sorry but right now I can not remember the other party's name. 1 person who answered said "don't worry about it we all go through issues" and the other said "just sell my things and help yourself."

I do NOT want that and told them so. My word has always been a huge thing with me so much that I have" honor" tattooed on my neck. My word means so much more to me than most of you could even imagine, but the ability to access and make people whole at the moment is impossible.

I did sell things and bought other books. I lost money on every single sale just to be able to pay off the bill on my vehicle. The books purchased were bought for others that wanted them and those people gave me a small finders fee to basically live on. I apologize if that makes some of you angry or mad.

Things are very personal and I will NOT discuss the issues on a public internet chat board. I have mentioned certain things to people over the months . They were people I knew with whom I at least feel more comfortable speaking and talking about things.

If any of the participants would like more detailed information then I will explain in more detail because they deserve it

I would just like to comment on Jop's continued efforts at reparation. He contacted me a couple of weeks ago, completely unexpectedly, and informed me that he was doing better, and would I still like the items I had won in the 2013 raffle? Very glad to say that he has indeed come through, and is truly a man of his word, time and circumstances aside. Don't want to get into specifics, his circumstances being his own, to disclose or not (no idea if he has), but he is most definitely a standup guy in my book. Jop, I truly hope life continues on an upswing for you.

Well nuts.

I bought both toppers in his thread, and paid with paypal immediately, the last one early AM Friday, went out of town after work, back home late yesterday. This should be interesting.

I'll let everyone know what shows up and when, I have received a shipment notice from Paypal.

We'll see.

:popcorn:

I almost bought that Bugs Bunny one but remembered a warning from a couple of boardies in the past regarding his past and didnt want to deal with him. I hope you get the items though because they are cool looking.

So, here's an update.

Received my package last week.

The Gold Key topper was just as advertised, no issues there, I'm pretty pleased with it,

The Dell topper on the other hand, has had most of the background overpainted with white paint.

A reasonably nice job, but I don't recall any fix up being revealed, and since the thread has been long-since poofed I can't doublecheck,

Still, even with that being said, I'm glad I received both items, and in a timely fashion.