• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

So if I never know if its been resolved I just add the facilitator to my own personal list I guess...I'm thinking the buyer trying to resolve this in open forum isn't going to work well....

Is this protection extended to all facilitators or just the big ones?

Just one apparently.

I realize that we are all guests here, and the sales area apparently runs on sufferance only, but I had always assumed that the PL discussion forum, where the community has been encouraged to police itself, was normally allowed to run its course, no? (shrug)

I realize that we are all guests here, and the sales area apparently runs on sufferance only, but I had always assumed that the PL discussion forum, where the community has been encouraged to police itself, was normally allowed to run its course, no? (shrug)

Not really. Any conversation deemed inappropriate or in violation of board rules may be removed. In that respect the PL forum is exactly like all others.

Not really. Any conversation deemed inappropriate or in violation of board rules may be removed. In that respect the PL forum is exactly like all others.

I understand, but I was thinking more narrowly of due process. Where both parties are Board members their transactions and their disputes are (by rule) allowable in the PL forum, at least in principle, no?

So if I never know if its been resolved I just add the facilitator to my own personal list I guess...I'm thinking the buyer trying to resolve this in open forum isn't going to work well....

Is this protection extended to all facilitators or just the big ones?

Just one apparently.

And it's not nice to blame it on their size. (tsk)

I understand, but I was thinking more narrowly of due process. Where both parties are Board members their transactions and their disputes are (by rule) allowable in the PL forum, at least in principle, no?

All we need is a PL nomination for DWC. Just one.

The way that post read was like an editorial. And no invoking of CGC personnel in the title would help. What we need for a PL nomination is just facts: Dates and transgressions plainly but simply stated.

The way that post read was like an editorial. And no invoking of CGC personnel in the title would help. What we need for a PL nomination is just facts: Dates and transgressions plainly but simply stated.

JuniorMC or whoever he was that had an issue posted the entire run down and time line but like the last time he did it his posting and issue went poof.

Well, they do solicit business through these boards and this transaction went south after said solicitation. That would seem to fall under the jurisdiction of the list.

Well, they do solicit business through these boards and this transaction went south after said solicitation. That would seem to fall under the jurisdiction of the list.

They should be in the HOS but there needs to be a nomination by an offended party. I should have nominated them when I had the chance.

JuniorMC or whoever he was that had an issue posted the entire run down and time line but like the last time he did it his posting and issue went poof.

If we are talking about the same post he also invoked CGC staff in large letters as a title and it went on and on. So the post is pulled. The evidence is gone.

I'm saying just make a simple post the way 90% of the PL nominations are. Just date and what happened. Keep it short and direct. And do not invoke the names of CGC staffers.

It's pure wildly_fanciful_statement that it was scrubbed.

It lends further credence to the idea that even CGC admires Kool Books

Question, any chance it was pulled because of the discussion of Voldemort? My thread never got pulled when I posted about my (still unresolved) issues with DWC.

No, I don't think it was tied to Voldemort. I think it was Kool Books. There are a couple of dealers / facilitators here that if someone brought forth a legitimate claim it would go away simply because books are too cool.

Before the hm goes up from anyone, there is no info I am sitting on, I am speculating based on what I have seen.

I've only got drek, so I'm safe lol

On the other hand, would someone please get the ball rolling? I want to know who is trying to screw me and who isn't here. The PL and HOS has been a boon

I've brought issues up to some of CGC's heads about the sig series program and my issues/suggestive ideas for improvement in how to make it better. That PM was read and never responded to :( So yea I get the feeling you are right Buzz

Sure. TLDR version. DWC damaged (popped staple and 3 inch spine split) my ASM 50 when they cracked my 6.5 to add Romita's sig to it.

Posted May of last year. Basically gave me a run around. Its still up (was posted in CG)

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7660022

Sure. TLDR version. DWC damaged (popped staple and 3 inch spine split) my ASM 50 when they cracked my 6.5 to add Romita's sig to it.

Posted May of last year. Basically gave me a run around. Its still up (was posted in CG)

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7660022

I read that thread. Can you explain how DWC responded? I saw you said they had been in partial response then stopped. Do you have any responses from DWC? It definitely seems worth pursuing.