• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

sorry but I cant buy the book anymore so there's no other way to get off the list

Sure there is. You open your wallet and eat crow. Buy the book, then immediately put it up for sale again. I've done the same thing. I actually JUST sent somebody a PM telling them I had acquired a book I committed to buy from them, told them I was going to immediately list it for sale, and offered them the chance to back out of selling it. If he wants me to honor the agreement, I most certainly will, because I care about my reputation here.

Food for thought.

sorry but I cant buy the book anymore so there's no other way to get off the list

You should compensate the seller in some way for his trouble, if he is agreeable. He lost x amount of time marketing his book due to you not completing the transaction you committed to. Not sure the cost of the book in question but you should go out of your way to make it right with him.

Taking full responsibility for my actions just wanted to apologize plus i didn't buy it from the shop i bought it from a guy at the shop

Oh, well, that changes everything.

Please accept this gift basket of artisan soaps and lotions as a token symbol of our regret for thinking the worst of you.

:roflmao:

I'm not asking for you to think more of me

And succeeding wonderfully.

Also...that's your custom title material.

Why is this a discussion?

Swagacorn violated the rules. More importantly, by his own admission, he refuses to honor his word.

Put him on the PL and be done with it.

The boards should be reserved for people with honor.

I probably shouldn't chime in here as I'm a total newbie as well, but I really can't understand your rationale for going back on your word. Whatever cosmic events transpired to make you do so is on you and you alone.

What is most puzzling to me is that I am more than cautiously optimistic that you've read numerous listings on here prior to signing up. Furthermore, I also think you found this approach to collecting a real refreshing take on this hobby, ergo you would not have signed up. This all leads me to absolutely believe that you knew exactly what you were doing, when you were doing it.

I'm sure you've already figured out that there are no benevolent dictators marching around here dispensing justice as they fit; rather, you've been taken aside politely to try and get you to follow up on what you said you would originally do.

I've already noticed how I am instantly taken at my word here (until proven otherwise of course) and I would challenge you to name another commercial venue that offers the same thing. Personally, I've done very little business on eBay since signing up on this site as I prefer to deal with honorable people. Only time will teach you this....that....and a whole load of dollars, time, hair...everything.

Send a PM (Private Message) to the seller and make this right. If not, I hope you remember this email the next time you get savagely burned on eBay----because it's not a matter of if.....

---and if, after all of the messages imploring you to simply keep your word you choose otherwise, so be it. Enjoy the pit.

V.

Edited by Mapleleafvann

I am not sure why this is even still up for discussion, however, I do have 2 questions.

1) Iceman, can you give us more details about this deal. If not the name of the book, could you at least provide how much the deal was for? I am just curious how much a it takes to make Swagacorn lose all honor. Obviously the simple solution here is for Swagacorn to pay you for the book as agreed. Since he seems to think this book is going up in value, you would think he would jump at the opportunity.

2) Swagacorn, how did you find some guy at a local shop to buy the book from after you made an agreement with Iceman? Since you made an agreement with Iceman, why did you not pay him immediately? If you had paid him the moment the deal was done (as you should have), you would have had no opportunity to continue to "shop around".

I too am new to the boards. I believe I made my first deal when I had a posting # of 4. The board member accepted me as a fellow board member and I had the item I purchased within a day or two of making the deal. It felt so good to deal with an honorable person who loves the hobby (as I do). I was hooked.

Last night another board member contacted me and offered me a book. I made a counteroffer on the book. He sent me a PM saying he accepted my counteroffer. Upon reading that, I IMMEDIATELY went to PayPal and sent the funds. I did not leave him on the hook while I shopped around for a better deal. Once I read that he had accepted my counteroffer, the deal was DONE and I paid immediately (as you should have done).

Swagacorn, you need to make this right. Buy the book from Iceman and move forward. Be a person of honor and keep your word. Nothing is worth losing your honor over and being known as a liar and a cheat.

I've updated the List and added Swagacorn's name. He has posted here and admitted that he can't/won't complete the transaction and pay for the book because he bought it cheaper elsewhere.

(If for some reason he has a change of heart within 72 hours, I will delete my update.)

Why can't you?

If we are talking about one of the books he started a wtb thread for they are not cheap.

So it's probably "Ouchies, that book cost real dollars!" As to what he means by "can't"

Of course this just amplifies what a dong move it was to do this to the seller.