• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I'm not going to buy the book, I will stay on list, I don't really care

Then kindly remove yourself from this forum. We need people that do care, about this hobby, their friends, and other boardies that want to be part of something. Please hit the exits at your earliest convenience.

Here's what stinks to me about his whole crock or sheet. He claims he was saving for three years for this book. So he's saving X amount of dollars lets say a month for three years, for a book that's price has made a huge jump since then.

I call B.S. on his statement. He must have been getting some good raises the last three years to account for inflation.

Said I wanted to buy it never said I would

:facepalm:

You PM said "[ I ] Decided to buy it." And then you asked the safest way to conduct a forum sale. And your defense is ... what? That you were soliciting advice on how you'd buy from someone else, but your statement wasn't a commitment to purchase from the person you were conversing with? Really?

Is that the Fletch defense?

Sorry, but your chances of buying and selling here are pretty much shot with a large segment of the boards after this. If you'd come out initially and said you bought the book in person instead because you were uneasy about making a large purchase online, that might have gotten you some sympathy, but your inaccurate claims of not agreeing to buy the book make that a dead point. And if you're going to parse words now and claim you weren't entering into an agreement to buy the book from iceman399 when that's pretty much all that anyone with any basic common sense would read into that PM, then yours is pretty much a lost cause here.

And there's the root of the problem. You don't care about anything but your self-satisfaction. Principle? Don't care. Honoring an agreement? Don't care. Putting someone else into a bind? Don't care. As others have already said, we've had those types come in here, looking at the forum as a way for solely what they can get out of it, rules and practices be damned, and almost uniformly, they leave the way you will -- in disgrace, and completely oblivious to what their actions cost them. As Dr. X pointed out -- the door to leave the forum is right there. I hope you can see your way out.

Said I wanted to buy it never said I would

:facepalm:

You PM said "[ I ] Decided to buy it." And then you asked the safest way to conduct a forum sale. And your defense is ... what? That you were soliciting advice on how you'd buy from someone else, but your statement wasn't a commitment to purchase from the person you were conversing with? Really?

Is that the Fletch defense?

Sorry, but your chances of buying and selling here are pretty much shot with a large segment of the boards after this. If you'd come out initially and said you bought the book in person instead because you were uneasy about making a large purchase online, that might have gotten you some sympathy, but your inaccurate claims of not agreeing to buy the book make that a dead point. And if you're going to parse words now and claim you weren't entering into an agreement to buy the book from iceman399 when that's pretty much all that anyone with any basic common sense would read into that PM, then yours is pretty much a lost cause here.

And there's the root of the problem. You don't care about anything but your self-satisfaction. Principle? Don't care. Honoring an agreement? Don't care. Putting someone else into a bind? Don't care. As others have already said, we've had those types come in here, looking at the forum as a way for solely what they can get out of it, rules and practices be damned, and almost uniformly, they leave the way you will -- in disgrace, and completely oblivious to what their actions cost them. As Dr. X pointed out -- the door to leave the forum is right there. I hope you can see your way out.

He'll try this on his next account.