• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

It's pretty funny that you think entering into a normal transaction and paying in full, per the terms, constitutes "making it up to" Rich.
Kind of what I was thinking.

He couldn't even do that. That is the crazy thing. Just another Hustrucker.

But see I did make payment. I paid in full and he denied payment

I try to make up for a bad transaction, the whole time he was okay with it until I paid in full he then acted like he had no clue who I was or why I was trying to buy a book off him. Somehow by me paying in full I'm shady and up to tricks. I'm confused by that, but as someone else said you can't make someone do something they don't want to do. I more then did what I should have done after the first bad transaction. I contacted him multiple times before with no response. He finally responded to my messages we made a deal, I paid and he went back on the deal.

It's pretty funny that you think entering into a normal transaction and paying in full, per the terms, constitutes "making it up to" Rich.

I try to make up for a bad transaction, the whole time he was okay with it until I paid in full he then acted like he had no clue who I was or why I was trying to buy a book off him. Somehow by me paying in full I'm shady and up to tricks. I'm confused by that, but as someone else said you can't make someone do something they don't want to do. I more then did what I should have done after the first bad transaction. I contacted him multiple times before with no response. He finally responded to my messages we made a deal, I paid and he went back on the deal.

You are full of mess. He sent you multiple reminders and you did not pay. On his final reminder he asked who you were, because you currently operate through an email address with a woman's name attached to it. Once he remembered that the email address was you, and that you had ignored all the payment requests (In fact you told him "I didn't know pay in full up front.") he reversed the payment that you sent him - which you only sent because you knew you were busted for being stupid/shady, yet again.

You are full of mess. He sent you multiple reminders and you did not pay. On his final reminder he asked who you were, because you currently operate through an email address with a woman's name attached to it. Once he remembered that the email address was you, and that you had ignored all the payment requests (In fact you told him "I didn't know pay in full up front.") he reversed the payment that you sent him - which you only sent because you knew you were busted for being stupid/shady, yet again.

not that Rich needs it, but a bit of defense for him about 'pretending not to know' who people are..

I've had multiple pm threads regarding separate topics and he did not know he was talking to the same person about different, and sometimes related things in each of the pm threads (which was fine). "Oh you're the one who tried to buy that? and you think you might have credits for that? Please bump that pm thread and we'll see if we can apply the credits." And I don't mean that as a shot against Rich, but rather that he must be getting tons of pm's and emails non-stop from all kinds of former, current, and potential customers for all sorts of things, including multiple pm threads from the same persons but involving different items of business (or personal) issues. So if he's talking to a person (who he doesn't personally know) about something specific in one email chain/pm thread, there's a pretty good chance that if the venue of communication is changed and he doesn't have past exchanges to immediately reference, he may not immediately recognize the name or the issue being discussed in another email/pm chain.

But if you're direct and clear and provide relevant information regarding exchanges (even in new exchanges), I don't think you'll have a problem. Similarly, if you read the rules of his threads and follow his simple directions, I also don't know why there would be a problem.

Additionally, Rich has been about as direct and clear about deadlines and pricing as one can be about expectations, so its gonna be hard to convince anyone that he's at fault for someone else not-paying in a timely manner.

The messaging was through PM on HERE

He knew who I was. It took a few PMs for him to even respond to me

I emailed him from the marvel team up 95 thread. Saying he had no clue who I was is a load of BS I even posted the Pms in this thread

He knew who I was and was willing to do something when it was high dollar books. I found his sig thread and messaged him about that before I even claimed the book and he said to post take it in that thread which I did. Again I did t know payment in full upfront same day, now I know. He only canceled everything once I paid the money and knew I was serious. Point is he knew who I was the whole time, I paid in full. Yet somehow I'm doing something wrong and have to be up to no good. It doesn't make sense

Rich pretty much laid it out. Considering the things he does to go out of his way to help people and the awesome business ethics, case closed.

He is a shining example of what a good businessman is and people should aspire to be as such.

Walk away kid

+1

:bump:

Or keep calling out a highly respected boardie, see how that works out. :shrug:

Since he's on the PL I presume there is a specific transaction he is trying to complete? Is there a reason he cannot make good the original infraction?

Or keep calling out a highly respected boardie, see how that works out. :shrug:

Since he's on the PL I presume there is a specific transaction he is trying to complete? Is there a reason he cannot make good the original infraction?

Keep oceanavekid indefinitely.

Seriously. This guy has just continued to be one headache for me after another.

I don't trust him, I have ZERO reason to trust him, even after having to pester him yet again for payment on an item....

He's that guy that I could very realistically see doing a chargeback down the road on a paypal purchase.

oceanavekid if you're reading this, I"m telling you for the last time----STOP BOTHERING ME.

Your PM's will go unread and deleted, as will your emails.

I don't blame Rich. I would do the same thing.