• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

rich doesn't even want to try to come up with any solution

As someone else said a few pages ago sometimes you don't get to choose the outcome of the situation

Instead a bunch of grown men would rather bully someone on the Internet. No need to bring my family into anything they have nothing to do with this. It's nice to see at least a few board members are open to coming up with a solution

I'll just leave it where it is. Rich has made it clear he doesn't want to work anything out, so that's that.

You wanted a chance to repair your reputation and Rich, against his better judgement, gave you that chance. And you dropped the ball. When you get a second chance jump on it without delay.

All I can suggest is a sincere pm to Rich begging for one last, last, really last and only last chance. Promising to pay immediately for a similar value book to the one you failed to pay for.

Rich has made it clear he wants no more contact with this person.

:sorry: I can't help trying to fix things.......how's your garburator?

Don't put your hand in first!!!

As someone else said a few pages ago sometimes you don't get to choose the outcome of the situation

Instead a bunch of grown men would rather bully someone on the Internet. No need to bring my family into this, they have nothing to do with it. It's nice to see at least a few board members are open to coming up with a solution

I'll just leave it where it is. Rich has made it clear he doesn't want to work anything out, so that's that.

Rich does not have to come up with anything. The probation list is chock full of people who just don't get it, or how this board works.

The concept in the buying and selling forums is pretty simple. You buy and item, you pay for it. That's it. If you can't afford it, don't buy it, or work something out with the seller before you commit. That means contacting him BEFORE you purchase.

Many of us have bought items on time payments. We contact the seller BEFORE and work out the details to the SELLERS satisfaction, not after.

I would like to think this is still a close knit community aside from all the hot air. There's a ton of reputable, honest, trustworthy people all over this place. They have a reputation. It means something to them, and to the people they deal with.

I don't know Rich Henn and won't speak for him. I've never done business with him either, but I would without question because he has a reputation around here and backs it up. I would like to think people who don't know me will deal with me the same way.

You need to drop this and let it go. The hole keeps getting deeper. Let the man cool down and see what happens. It's his call and all the belly aching in the world won't change the present.

Instead a bunch of grown men would rather bully someone on the Internet. No need to bring my family into anything they have nothing to do with this. It's nice to see at least a few board members are open to coming up with a solution

You wanted a chance to repair your reputation and Rich, against his better judgement, gave you that chance. And you dropped the ball. When you get a second chance jump on it without delay.

All I can suggest is a sincere pm to Rich begging for one last, last, really last and only last chance. Promising to pay immediately for a similar value book to the one you failed to pay for.

Rich has made it clear he wants no more contact with this person.

:sorry: I can't help trying to fix things.......how's your garburator?

Don't put your hand in first!!!

aaaaarrrrggggggggg too late

At least now I know where all of my tax money went. Glad it's being sent to some guy's account so he can buy comic books instead of setting up a college fund for his kid.

Instead a bunch of grown men would rather bully someone on the Internet. No need to bring my family into this, they have nothing to do with it. It's nice to see at least a few board members are open to coming up with a solution

So I'm clear:

- YOU originally waffled on a deal with Rich and cost him time and a lost sale

- YOU (much, much later) wanted to "make things right"

- YOU were somehow granted a quadruple secret probationary day pass back into Rich's good graces

- YOU (eventually) agreed to buy another book

- YOU then took forever to pay for it, and only did so after much badgering, with the lame excuse that you didn't know you had to pay for a Signature Series event up front.

- YOU are the victim because your money was refunded and your day pass was vehemently rescinded for yet again wasting Rich's time?

OK. got it.

Maybe I'm just inexperienced in trying to rescue my reputation (since, you know, I don't tarnish it to begin with), but I would think that were I hypothetically in a position where I'm trying to "make things right", if the person I wronged sent me a PayPal invoice at 9:00 PM for an agreed upon book, I'd pay it in full by 9:01 PM that same night. And probably include a very polite and gracious thank you note along with it.

But that's just me, and every other reputable member of this community.

oceanave kid clearly has a history of this sort of behavior, and still wants to play the victim.

I'm more than a little surprised that there are posts from both oceanavekid (and others) asking how he may eventually come off the PL list.

As someone said it's not supposed to be a prison---and that's true

But it comes down to this---on or off the PL list, makes no difference to me.

I won't ever deal with him again, and if anyone else chooses to, well I guess it's at your own risk.

You have all the information in front of you, but that's neither here nor there.

All that being said----last night something occurred to me and this, OCEANAVEKID, is what I'm calling your "last chance for gas."

Regardless of how you choose to proceed, IF you choose to proceed, I'm still never engaging with you again. Let others take that risk. I personally think you're that guy who will do a chargeback within 90 days.

But if you can do the following, and do it within 48 hours, then I would propose the mods remove you from the PL list.

So this is where, as they say, you put your money where your mouth is.

I want these two things:

1) A board member who has actually successfully SOLD something to you and had said transaction go down without incident. I personally don't think such a person exists, but if they DO exist, I want to see a link to said board transaction. Really want to impress me?

Show me THREE board members and have them post here to confirm. With links.

2) And this is the big one. I want you to donate $300 to this charity. Within 48 hours. No exceptions. You're getting two things for your $300 payment. A selfless donation to worthy cause, your name (this is up to the guy who generates the PL) off the PL list AND yes, you get a Dreaming Eagles #1.

Here's the URL

https://www.gofundme.com/rdkgzp5k

Because you're predictable, and I know you're going to say "But the initial cost of the op was $275, why do I have to pay $300?" Call the additional $25 your IDIOT TAX.

Be glad I'm ONLY asking you to donate $300. I should be adding on an additional $300 from our first gone south transaction.

And I'll go one step further and play the pretend card here and pretend that you don't know how these s/s ops work. These books will NOT be shipping from CGC anytime soon because there are still signatures to obtain and then grading and shipping time. Don't look for these before June, possibly July. So don't start bothering me about this book anytime soon.

If you do a chargeback, we'll know about it. And if you do eventually do a chargeback or the funds don't clear or ANYTHING goes south on this one, you're in the Hall of Shame.

Do something selfless, show all of us that you really truly are attempting to turn over a new leaf, and put $300 at said link. Really want to impress us, do more than $300, but that's your minimum.

Edited by Rich_Henn

oceanave kid clearly has a history of this sort of behavior, and still wants to play the victim.

I'm more than a little surprised that there are posts from both oceanavekid (and others) asking how he may eventually come off the PL list.

I won't ever deal with him again, and if anyone else chooses to, well I guess it's at your own risk.

You have all the information in front of you, but that's neither here nor there.

All that being said----last night something occurred to me and this, OCEANAVEKID, is what I'm calling your "last chance for gas."

Regardless of how you choose to proceed, IF you choose to proceed, I'm still never engaging with you again. Let others take that risk. I personally think you're that guy who will do a chargeback within 90 days.

But if you can do the following, and do it within 48 hours, then I would propose the mods remove you from the PL list.

I want these two things:

1) A board member who has actually successfully SOLD something to you and had said transaction go down without incident. I personally don't think such a person exists, but if they DO exist, I want to see a link to said board transaction. Really want to impress me?

2) And this is the big one. I want you to donate $300 to this charity. Within 48 hours. No exceptions. You're getting two things for your $300 payment. A selfless donation to worthy cause, your name (this is up to the guy who generates the PL) off the PL list AND yes, you get a Dreaming Eagles #1.

Here's the URL

Because you're predictable, and I know you're going to say "But the initial cost of the op was $275, why do I have to pay $300?" Call the additional $25 your IDIOT TAX.

Be glad I'm ONLY asking you to donate $300. I should be adding on an additional $300 from our first gone south transaction.

And I'll go one step further and play the pretend card here and pretend that you don't know how these s/s ops work. These books will NOT be shipping from CGC anytime soon because there are still signatures to obtain and then grading and shipping time. Don't look for these before June, possibly July. So don't start bothering me about this book anytime soon.

If you do a chargeback, we'll know about it. And if you do eventually do a chargeback or the funds don't clear or ANYTHING goes south on this one, you're in the Hall of Shame.

Do something selfless, show all of us that you really truly are attempting to turn over a new leaf, and put $300 at said link. Really want to impress us, do more than $300, but that's your minimum.

IMHO, a more than generous offer, Rich.

:applause:

Now, OAK - as comicdonna said, here's your chance, and don't screw it up.

:)

-slym

I want these two things:

Here's the URL

:golfclap:

I will also donate $100 if oceanavechode completes this properly, and $200 if he it up again.

And people say you're just good looks :cloud9: . What a generous offer!

Sean is real good people.

I will also donate $100 if oceanavechode completes this properly, and $200 if he it up again.

bet he's so hard to warm up to. lol

bet he's so hard to warm up to. lol

I'd buy him a Cajun dinner at K Pauls. in New Orleans. Extra spicy.