• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Rich is awesome. How does OAK get off the PL? I believe that is a requirement for keeping him there.

I admit I only skimmed the long discussion. :)

4) Removal From The PL

a) If the accuser requests the accused be removed form the PL, the accused will be removed.

b) If the accused makes full restitution to the satisfaction of the accuser, the accused will be removed from the PL.

c) If multiple accusers are involved, and full restitution is satisfactorily made to all accusers, the accused will be removed from the PL.

This has come up several times before and the accuser has always been required to let the accused know how they can be removed. I believe Rich no longer wishes to deal with OAK so how can he be removed?

This is a valid question. I plead ignorance of precedents to the contrary that may have been laid down by the community in years past, but my understanding is that there has been a consensus that the PL is not to be used as a prison. However deserving the subject may be in principle, the PL is premised on transactions that can in theory be completed.

hey freak boy, you gonna be in Chicago this year. Looks like I'll make it this year barring a solar wave or some other catastrophy. lol

Yeah, I think so, but you never know.

I know its been suggested that if the nominating party doesn't want them off that they make a donation to a charity such as CBLDF in the amount of either the "loss" a seller took or in the amount of the purchase to begin with. I don't know if any values were actually discussed.

Has a resolution ever actually been offered? Others have said this, all Oceanavekid suggested is that he would buy a book, that he wants, from Rich to "make things right". But this doesn't make anything right. It doesn't fix Rich's loss etc. All he is doing is making a sale, that he would have presumably made otherwise had he not been on the PL. So isn't the onus on Oceanavekid to attempt to make a resolution? I understand that Rich doesn't want to do business with Oceanavekid, and that's fine, but there are still ways that oceanavekid can make restitution and get off the list.

Has a resolution ever actually been offered? Others have said this, all Oceanavekid suggested is that he would buy a book, that he wants, from Rich to "make things right". But this doesn't make anything right. It doesn't fix Rich's loss etc. All he is doing is making a sale, that he would have presumably made otherwise had he not been on the PL. So isn't the onus on Oceanavekid to attempt to make a resolution? I understand that Rich doesn't want to do business with Oceanavekid, and that's fine, but there are still ways that oceanavekid can make restitution and get off the list.

I agree. It is not Rich's obligation to propose a solution, only is it Rich's obligation to be open in principle to a solution if Oceanavekid should actually put something on the table that represents a true and just settlement.

Agreed he has attempted to buy but never offered anything to restore what Rich's loss was (monetary or time). I'm sure he'll just go back to facebook and play there.

[font:Book Antiqua]

Whatever oceanavekid did or did not

members should not post personal information of him or their relatives.

Emails address, names of relatives, Links to Facebook

leading to his son pictures and other information should not be posted.

We should draw a line here.

[/font]

2c

Edited by MagnusX

[/font]

2c

While I will wholeheartedly agree with not posting any information that the person they themselves never posted or disclosed, the Facebook link is not one of them.

Go to Facebook....type in "Oceanavekid" and his is the only name that pops up, fully public and fully open, including all the photos and including links to his tumbler , youtube and other accounts.

Edit: Even better, as Harveyswick just posted, clink on his profile on this forum and you'll see a link to his Facebook. lol

He's got over 2500 "followers" so it seems an intentional move on his part.

[/font]

2c

:gossip:

2hxna6b.png

That's the awesome thing about social media. It's social. If you don't want people to know, don't post it

Conversely, if you want people to know it, post it with gusto. That's why my name on all forms of social media is The shot kid. ;)

That's the awesome thing about social media. It's social. If you don't want people to know, don't post it

Conversely, if you want people to know it, post it with gusto. That's why my name on all forms of social media is The shot kid. ;)

Midnight Cowboy

rich doesn't even want to try to come up with any solution

As someone else said a few pages ago sometimes you don't get to choose the outcome of the situation

Instead a bunch of grown men would rather bully someone on the Internet. No need to bring my family into this, they have nothing to do with it. It's nice to see at least a few board members are open to coming up with a solution

I'll just leave it where it is. Rich has made it clear he doesn't want to work anything out, so that's that.

As someone else said a few pages ago sometimes you don't get to choose the outcome of the situation

Instead a bunch of grown men would rather bully someone on the Internet. No need to bring my family into anything they have nothing to do with this. It's nice to see at least a few board members are open to coming up with a solution

I'll just leave it where it is. Rich has made it clear he doesn't want to work anything out, so that's that.

You wanted a chance to repair your reputation and Rich, against his better judgement, gave you that chance. And you dropped the ball. When you get a second chance jump on it without delay.

All I can suggest is a sincere pm to Rich begging for one last, last, really last and only last chance. Promising to pay immediately for a similar value book to the one you failed to pay for.

Instead a bunch of grown men would rather bully someone on the Internet. No need to bring my family into anything they have nothing to do with this. It's nice to see at least a few board members are open to coming up with a solution

You wanted a chance to repair your reputation and Rich, against his better judgement, gave you that chance. And you dropped the ball. When you get a second chance jump on it without delay.

All I can suggest is a sincere pm to Rich begging for one last, last, really last and only last chance. Promising to pay immediately for a similar value book to the one you failed to pay for.

Rich has made it clear he wants no more contact with this person.

:sorry: I can't help trying to fix things.......how's your garburator?

didn't work the first time on my part, the 2nd time I tried guess it's again on me.

I'll just leave things where they are

+ 1

Story over.