• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I just got a message from Chip which contained a D.C. # for my package. Sounds like things are on the mend with him and I'll be glad to not nominate him for the list.

Edited by 1Cool

I would like to nominate Chip for probation. It has been at least 30 since he confirmed he got my payment. I sent him numerous requests about shipping of books and his answers were that he would get to them ASAP. I have had to initiate every contact and now I hear nothing from him.

I don't have a lot of money as I am on disability. I knew that Chip was in need of help and have been buying books from him for quite a while from here and on Ebay. I believe in helping out fellow man and did the best I could for him and his family. I am going forward with this because it tisn't that difficult to keep in contact with people, I had to keep chasing him, and let them know what is going on. In good faith I sent him a money order, which he acknowledged getting, and has failed to meet his requirement to send books.

I have sent him notice two days ago I would be nominating him.

This was yesterday at 6:30 AM.

I believe the 72 hours time has passed. I will add him to the list.

I would like to nominate Chip for probation. It has been at least 30 since he confirmed he got my payment. I sent him numerous requests about shipping of books and his answers were that he would get to them ASAP. I have had to initiate every contact and now I hear nothing from him.

I don't have a lot of money as I am on disability. I knew that Chip was in need of help and have been buying books from him for quite a while from here and on Ebay. I believe in helping out fellow man and did the best I could for him and his family. I am going forward with this because it tisn't that difficult to keep in contact with people, I had to keep chasing him, and let them know what is going on. In good faith I sent him a money order, which he acknowledged getting, and has failed to meet his requirement to send books.

He WOULD be nominating him not that he was nominated. Don't think the time is up yet 2c

Am I incorrect in remembering that Chip finally admitted to having mental health issues? That he hit rock bottom for a while last year and was hospitalized and was being treated for them?

One of the symptoms of depression is the inability to get your act together. One of the problems with mental health issues and dealing with someone with them, is you never know when the person stops going for treatment, taking meds, etc. I know we often joke about people being "off their meds", but in reality it's a problem.

Having had a family member who had serious issues, I know there is really no way to know if something is being treated, or if they've decided to 'self treat" unless they are in a facility, and even then, you can't always tell. The person may sound perfectly rational, speak intelligently, desperately need help, while all the while to them, 2+2 really equals 7 and they believe that sincerely.

I certainly wouldn't call a person having those issues names, the problems are most likely not just excuses, but a problem that is as real an illness that prevents them from completing things, to that person as you contracting something like pneumonia (not that I'm wishing that on you, but it's an example) and just not being able to follow through. The illness is just not something that you can see as easily.

I'd also be reluctant to deal with them UNLESS I knew when I bought something, I was most likely just making a donation and not expecting anything in return and I'd be reluctant to make too large a donation, because it probably won't go to really provide the kind of help they need.

I hope Chip goes back to the place where he was getting medical help and he continues to do so, until he can handle being on his own.

That's an admirable stance to take. However, the only information we have regarding all of those potential "issues" are coming from the same person who is having trouble being straight with people. So just because that's what he said happened, that doesn't necessarily mean that's what did happen. Especially since the purported hospitalization, diagnosis, prescription and release were within such a short time period that my friends in the medical profession, when told of the timeline, had reactions ranging from incredulity to laughing out loud.

The gofundme began with a number needed to "avoid eviction" but it quickly became clear that it was a stipend to pay all of his bills for several months after avoiding eviction.. When called on the math he changed the story quite a few times.

So, at this point, I'm not taking anything he says at face value. None of it.

It's hilarious to me, really. I get accused of having mental issues by complete people on this board, and you'll never ever see me trying to rip someone off, here or anywhere. You will never ever find any evidence I've ever tried to take advantage of someone for any kind of gain.

CC called it. I've called it on others and been told, oh no, that's too much.

The jerk keeps in circles...

He WOULD be nominating him not that he was nominated. Don't think the time is up yet 2c

*sigh*

Am I incorrect in remembering that Chip finally admitted to having mental health issues? That he hit rock bottom for a while last year and was hospitalized and was being treated for them?

One of the symptoms of depression is the inability to get your act together. One of the problems with mental health issues and dealing with someone with them, is you never know when the person stops going for treatment, taking meds, etc. I know we often joke about people being "off their meds", but in reality it's a problem.

Having had a family member who had serious issues, I know there is really no way to know if something is being treated, or if they've decided to 'self treat" unless they are in a facility, and even then, you can't always tell. The person may sound perfectly rational, speak intelligently, desperately need help, while all the while to them, 2+2 really equals 7 and they believe that sincerely.

I certainly wouldn't call a person having those issues names, the problems are most likely not just excuses, but a problem that is as real an illness that prevents them from completing things, to that person as you contracting something like pneumonia (not that I'm wishing that on you, but it's an example) and just not being able to follow through. The illness is just not something that you can see as easily.

I'd also be reluctant to deal with them UNLESS I knew when I bought something, I was most likely just making a donation and not expecting anything in return and I'd be reluctant to make too large a donation, because it probably won't go to really provide the kind of help they need.

I hope Chip goes back to the place where he was getting medical help and he continues to do so, until he can handle being on his own.

That's an admirable stance to take. However, the only information we have regarding all of those potential "issues" are coming from the same person who is having trouble being straight with people. So just because that's what he said happened, that doesn't necessarily mean that's what did happen. Especially since the purported hospitalization, diagnosis, prescription and release were within such a short time period that my friends in the medical profession, when told of the timeline, had reactions ranging from incredulity to laughing out loud.

The gofundme began with a number needed to "avoid eviction" but it quickly became clear that it was a stipend to pay all of his bills for several months after avoiding eviction.. When called on the math he changed the story quite a few times.

It's hilarious to me, really. I get accused of having mental issues by complete people on this board, and you'll never ever see me trying to rip someone off, here or anywhere. You will never ever find any evidence I've ever tried to take advantage of someone for any kind of gain.

Why make this about you? :facepalm:

To watch you comment on me. You are the main antagonist, and look, you just can't help yourself, can you?

I thought the mental illness comment from Sky was a perfect analogy. And look, it was...

To watch you comment on me. You are the main antagonist, and look, you just can't help yourself, can you?

I thought the mental illness comment from Sky was a perfect analogy. And look, it was...

Of course. :eyeroll:

I think you already know the answer to that. ;)

I think you already know the answer to that. ;)

I do :sorry:

Yeah, the last straw for me was finding out what the 15K was for. Some were for paying off comics right? Yeah....Not cool.

I supported his charity thread until I found out the majority of the funds were intended to pay off a Paypal bill. I then pulled my support.

I was even doing updates in that thread, until I pulled my stuff as well.

I hope Chip makes everything right with everyone who has purchased from him and I hope, if he really is suffering from something be it physical, mental, or both, he gets the help he needs. Until then, the probation list is a good place for him so his "stuff" doesn't further affect anyone else.

Threat of the PL works its magic.

yup :tonofbricks:

:eyeroll:

So... this is what it takes each time?

There have been people put on the PL several times, only to make it right once it suits their purposes.