• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Goes to pattern of conduct.

I'll allow it.

I remember that thread. Talk about savage rage monkey....

The odd thing is, it wasn't just one board, or one type of collectible, or one personal problem, or one bad transaction. It's all over the place over decades at this point. Enter, immerse, enter into commerce, defecate, exit, lather, rinse, repeat.

Savage Rage Monkeys at every whistle stop on Chip's Tour of the Internet.

I have great empathy for people with personal problems. Actual personal problems. Not the kind of personal problems that conveniently exculpate or shield someone from scrutiny for -poor business practices.

I sense a GoFundMe thread coming up.

I still don't have tickets for tonight or tomorrow night...

We can start for a GoFundMe to send me to the garden...

I also sent Chip money for items I did not receive. I've purchased items from him before, and it went fine. I also supported his GoFundMe page because he needed help; there was nothing expected in return. In this case, we made a deal to purchase items, he took the money, and he never sent the items. He also no longer responds to PMs. I understand he probably has other things going on in his life, but if this list exists to safeguard transactions on this board, then his inclusion is justified. I wish him all the best.

Does any of this come as a shock to anyone???

You're a total finger wagging, know it all, jerk off sometimes. In cases like this it's better to just not say anything than show everyone how right you can be.

To everyone else, for what it's worth, I haven't kept in touch much with Chip since our last dealings earlier this year but I am Facebook friends with him and I've seen postings of how things are for him.

I have had extensive dealings with Chip over the past year and had zero issues financially so I don't think he's trying to rip anyone off.

Most of you know that Chip has been in a rough patch for some time now and I'd suggest keeping that in mind when dealing with him. Many of you know that he's dealing with depression and he's also been evicted out of his place, lost a job and had a split up with his partner who he shares a daughter with - all within the last two years or so.

There have been other people who have fallen on hard times in this place and the forum has stepped up to help them without dragging them through the mud.

You're free to respond however you feel you need to but I thought the above was worth posting.

Goes to pattern of conduct.

I'll allow it.

I remember that thread. Talk about savage rage monkey....

The odd thing is, it wasn't just one board, or one type of collectible, or one personal problem, or one bad transaction. It's all over the place over decades at this point. Enter, immerse, enter into commerce, defecate, exit, lathe, rinse, repeat.

Savage Rage Monkeys at every whistle stop on Chip's Tour of the Internet.

I have great empathy for people with personal problems. Actual personal problems. Not the kind of personal problems that conveniently exculpate or shield someone from scrutiny for -poor business practices.

There is a pattern of behavior that looks to reflect a lack of self management.

I feel bad for Chip but people are totally in the right for wanting to receive what they paid for.

To people calling Chip a thief, If Chip was a cold blooded thief he would have done well to steal money from me. We did enough in business over the past year that he could have taken the money and ran and started fresh somewhere, but he didn't.

How many times can someone claim being adrift in a sea of hardship and suffering as a reason for not holding up their end of a bargain?

I personally don't think he's manufacturing his situation. Some people just can't seem to get organized.

As I said, people should just deal with Chip accordingly moving forward.

Other people go through hard times due to no fault of their own. Stormsurge has an f'n brain tumor. Speed Force needs a heart transplant. Chip is (admittedly) lazy and deals with the consequences of his lack of ambition. Cry me a river. meh