• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

My mistake... I thought he'd been here longer than that. Sometimes I just assume everyone with post counts in the thousands has been here forever. :)
:whistle:

Aren't you supposed to be working? :baiting:

Aren't you suppose to be counting?

:baiting:

(I know reply was not targeted at me. I had to :) )

My mistake... I thought he'd been here longer than that. Sometimes I just assume everyone with post counts in the thousands has been here forever. :)

I'm always counting :)

Is it random, certain things, what?

lol:grin:

Right now it's the minutes until I get out of here :)

At least you're then counting for a good reason! Keep up the good work!

Faster.., faster..., faster...,

WolfHulk should be noted as having changed his user id to Roxx Gang.

I don't know if this is allowed or not, but i will ask anyways.

Does anyone have a real name to this member? I belong to a couple of other chats and there is a new guy on one trying to sell some comics and trashing other peoples sales threads like what was happening here. Just trying to figure out if it is the same guy and WARN other members if it is, because i know of some friends that are setting up deals with the guy.

If you could PM me or post a reply that would be great

Thanks

Cookie

Edited by cookie1963

WolfHulk should be noted as having changed his user id to Roxx Gang.

I don't know if this is allowed or not, but i will ask anyways.

Does anyone have a real name to this member? I belong to a couple of other chats and there is a new guy on one trying to sell some comics and trashing other peoples sales threads like what was happening here. Just trying to figure out if it is the same guy and WARN other members if it is, because i know of some friends that are setting up deals with the guy.

If you could PM me or post a reply that would be great

Thanks

Cookie

There are other Chat boards?

(shrug)

Can someone fill me in on what happened to gilberto? I did a big trade with him last year and it went off ok.....just curious what happened after that to get him in trouble?? (shrug)
Several people paid for books that they never recieved.

Can someone fill me in on what happened to gilberto? I did a big trade with him last year and it went off ok.....just curious what happened after that to get him in trouble?? (shrug)

Ouch! :tonofbricks: I was insistent he send me ALL the books involved in our trade before I would ship him anything back. Good thing! :whistle:

Ouch! :tonofbricks: I was insistent he send me ALL the books involved in our trade before I would ship him anything back. Good thing! :whistle:

hm

I wonder if the books he got in the trades is the ones he "sold" to the members.

Question for the board about sales problems.

So I purchased two books on here from the same seller for right around market price just because I wanted to take them off my search list.

I get the books safely packed. These were over $300 combined, so I am not talking about low-cost books. The one CGC case is gorgeous, and the book has been inserted into a third-party protective bag. I am overjoyed with this one!

The second book had no protective bag, and the case looks like someone accidentally scratched it up to the point this needs to be a reholder. The photos did not pick up on this or I would have caught it and asked questions.

When I contacted the seller and politely pointed this out, I also offered what I thought was a reasonable solution. If he at least pays the reholder fee, I'll cover shipping. I am in the process of sending a large order into CGC anyway, so it would just be additional weight.

Am I being fair? Also, if the seller blows me off when I am being very polite, is this the thread to attempt to resolve this? I am assuming so.

Thanks folks for the guidance in advance.

So I purchased two books on here from the same seller for right around market price just because I wanted to take them off my search list.

I get the books safely packed. These were over $300 combined, so I am not talking about low-cost books. The one CGC case is gorgeous, and the book has been inserted into a third-party protective bag. I am overjoyed with this one!

The second book had no protective bag, and the case looks like someone accidentally scratched it up to the point this needs to be a reholder. The photos did not pick up on this or I would have caught it and asked questions.

When I contacted the seller and politely pointed this out, I also offered what I thought was a reasonable solution. If he at least pays the reholder fee, I'll cover shipping. I am in the process of sending a large order into CGC anyway, so it would just be additional weight.

Am I being fair? Also, if the seller blows me off when I am being very polite, is this the thread to attempt to resolve this? I am assuming so.

Bosco nominated for the list for being a problem buyer. :sumo:

:jokealert:

How quickly should a buyer pay after he says :takeit: ?

This buyer - within the hour of receiving an invoice if I am online. Otherwise, within the day. I take that very serious how I deal with a transaction.

Bosco,

I don't know how others feel about it, but for me, you are buying the book, not the case. I like it when sellers note cracks, because those could be to the point where, if they get worse, they could threaten the book. For scratches, it is what it is, a scratch on the case. To me it does not need to be disclosed and is not the responsibility of the Seller.

I mean this very respectfully, but also truthfully: If you came to me with a case scratch problem, I would politely tell you to go pound sand. I'll be interested to hear what others have to say.

--S.

Bosco,

I don't know how others feel about it, but for me, you are buying the book, not the case. I like it when sellers note cracks, because those could be to the point where, if they get worse, they could threaten the book. For scratches, it is what it is, a scratch on the case. To me it does not need to be disclosed and is not the responsibility of the Seller.

I mean this very respectfully, but also truthfully: If you came to me with a case scratch problem, I would politely tell you to go pound sand. I'll be interested to hear what others have to say.

--S.

If you're already sending in a big order, I wouldn't person_without_enough_empathy over $11. I might tell the seller he should mention it (scratches on the case), but since the extra shipping for one more book will be inconsequential just pay to reholder it and move on.

Now if it were cracked to mess, that would be a different story.

(thumbs u

Bosco,

--S.

Sean, thanks for the note.

Although I could understand if this was a situation where someone said "Well, there's a little rub mark on the case," we are not talking about a huge issue. I've had that on here and blew it off as natural when you are dealing with plastic protective cases.

When the case looks overly warn when I talk about "scratches," and I make it a point to pay within minutes - not days - I expect the same consideration in making a transaction go smooth.

So thanks for the "pound sand" take on things, but if I pay $150 for a book that is valued at that level because GPA states GRADED books go for that level - not the raw version - you would expect the case to have some decent look to it, right?

Thanks though. Got you marked on the Santa naughty list now. ;)

Edited by Bosco685