• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Comicseekers :o

(added 5/10/09)

What happened here?

Let's see . . . it usually means: Bought book; didn't pay; 30 days passed; seller reports. :grin:

Was about to add him to the list myself, but I guess someone beat me to it.

He bought a large dollar book (over $1000) from me on 4/7/09 and never paid. We agreed on time payments with a down payment of $100 due within a week (by 4/14/09) and subseqent payments due on 5/15 and 6/15. After about 10 days I pm'd him about the $100 down payment and he said he was waiting for checks which he just reordered. He never made the down payment or contacted me after that to explain.

Sorry to hear that Bill :( , as I understand it there are at least two other sellers that are, ahem, "disappointed" in Senor Comicseeker's payment habits :sumo:

Think there are a total of four including myself.

(added 5/10/09)

What happened here?

Let's see . . . it usually means: Bought book; didn't pay; 30 days passed; seller reports. :grin:

:makepoint:

I just hadn't seen the typical banter that goes on here before someone goes on the list.

(added 5/10/09)

What happened here?

I just hadn't seen the typical banter that goes on here before someone goes on the list.

Typical banter. :cloud9:

:gossip: Just mailed your book today (if it's not there in 26 days, commence typical banter). :baiting:

(added 5/10/09)

What happened here?

:gossip: Just mailed your book today (if it's not there in 26 days, commence typical banter). :baiting:

:signfunny:

(added 5/10/09)

What happened here?

:signfunny:

(tsk) It's all fun and games until someone loses and eye. :sumo:

OK, generally speaking, never had this problem on the boards before, but I have a customer who made a 1550.00 offer on 2 books, I agreed to the price, he told me that international money transfer through paypal takes a little while, then finally today tells me he doesn't have enough funds to purchase the 2 books and that he will pass.

What do I need to do to submit a name for probation on the forum and should I put this guy on the probation list? I hate to do it personally, as I guess he

probably legitimately doesn't have enough money, but he didn't even offer to just pick up one of the books, he just said he will pass on both.

OK, generally speaking, never had this problem on the boards before, but I have a customer who made a 1550.00 offer on 2 books, I agreed to the price, he told me that international money transfer through paypal takes a little while, then finally today tells me he doesn't have enough funds to purchase the 2 books and that he will pass.

What do I need to do to submit a name for probation on the forum and should I put this guy on the probation list? I hate to do it personally, as I guess he

probably legitimately doesn't have enough money, but he didn't even offer to just pick up one of the books, he just said he will pass on both.

When I don't have enough money to buy something, I don't throw up the :takeit:

out the "buyer"

how much time passed between the deal being struck and being told he would take a pass? based on "finally"- sounds like a while. if that's the case, i'd out him. if it was a week or so, personally, i'd grind my teeth and hold my tongue.

how much time passed between the deal being struck and being told he would take a pass? based on "finally"- sounds like a while. if that's the case, i'd out him. if it was a week or so, personally, i'd grind my teeth and hold my tongue.

No, it has probably been right at 3 weeks now. He had me on hold waiting for a paypal transfer that never happened.

If I do it, it is not because of the money itself, it is more on the principal of the matter and to help keep the sales forum a trustworthy place. I am sympathetic to someone wanting something more expensive than they can afford, but if people don't follow up on commitment to sales on the forum, it will basically become like ebay......ugh

No, it has probably been right at 3 weeks now. He had me on hold waiting for a paypal transfer that never happened.

it's a tough call but to protect everyone else here, i'd out him. he could decide to air his mea culpa here and everyone could decide if they wanted to deal w/ him going forward based on his response. my 2c