• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

If I do it, it is not because of the money itself, it is more on the principal of the matter and to help keep the sales forum a trustworthy place. I am sympathetic to someone wanting something more expensive than they can afford, but if people don't follow up on commitment to sales on the forum, it will basically become like ebay......ugh

Look, if the person had been up-front and asked if you were okay with time payments, worked out the details of length-of-time, and then at least provided a down payment as an act of good faith, we wouldn't be having this chat.

What this potential buyer did was lead you on for weeks when you could have sold this book already. That is not right, and any normal person would not want to be treated that way.

Burn the witch!

burnthewitch.gif

If I do it, it is not because of the money itself, it is more on the principal of the matter and to help keep the sales forum a trustworthy place. I am sympathetic to someone wanting something more expensive than they can afford, but if people don't follow up on commitment to sales on the forum, it will basically become like ebay......ugh

Look, if the person had been up-front and asked if you were okay with time payments, worked out the details of length-of-time, and then at least provided a down payment as an act of good faith, we wouldn't be having this chat.

What this potential buyer did was lead you on for weeks when you could have sold this book already. That is not right, and any normal person would not want to be treated that way.

Burn the witch!

burnthewitch.gif

OK, going to contact him one more time....

How long does probation last and how does it end? What are his options?

Burn the witch!

burnthewitch.gif

What are his options?

Burning or drowning? :shrug:

Or something about floating and being made of wood...or weighing the same as a duck... hm

Probation lasts until the person or people who put the person on probation agree to end it. This usually means either a deal which did not go through finally went through, a compromise acceptable to the probationer has been reached, a good reason for why the deal had to fall through was given, or the probationer realizes they made a mistake. So potentially probation can last as long as the boards themselves last, as long as the very Earth that houses these boards lasts, as long as the very galaxy that houses that Earth lasts, as long as the ...

Probation lasts until the person or people who put the person on probation agree to end it. This usually means either a deal which did not go through finally went through, a compromise acceptable to the probationer has been reached, a good reason for why the deal had to fall through was given, or the probationer realizes they made a mistake. So potentially probation can last as long as the boards themselves last, as long as the very Earth that houses these boards lasts, as long as the very galaxy that houses that Earth lasts, as long as the ...

So a light toasting is not in order? Come on - a little singe here and there. Promise, it won't hurt. The tribe is ready for this big event.

050131-04.jpg

So a light toasting is not in order? Come on - a little singe here and there. Promise, it won't hurt. The tribe is ready for this big event.

050131-04.jpg

Well, a good caramelizing DOES bring out the real flavor of meat! (veggies too but they don't usually count).

You've got to out him dude. I would be raving mad if somebody did that to me. If he'd only enquired about the books and you'd agreed to hold them that would be a different story. But to make you wait on a payment that just wasn't going to happen is downright lying.

It`s only been 3 weeks. Too soon to out or conclude that the guy has definitely backed out of the deal. I can`t believe how impatient people are.

It`s only been 3 weeks. Too soon to out or conclude that the guy has definitely backed out of the deal. I can`t believe how impatient people are.

He already backed out of the deal,what's another week going to do?

Give him another week to think up an excuse? :insane:

He already backed out of the deal,what's another week going to do?

Give him another week to think up an excuse? :insane:

"Please, give me one more week and I promise to add another week to the discussion. Please?!"

If you're going to add yourself to the list, Trooper, atleast do it alphabetically. :gossip:

Hold on. Give him a minute. He's unlacing his boots and pulling the socks off now so he can count.

Be a little sensitive. :insane:

If you're going to add yourself to the list, Trooper, atleast do it alphabetically. :gossip:

And if somebody is adding a new name please highlight it in Bold Red or some other color of your choice so it stands out.

The list is getting big now and it's hard to scroll it to pick out the new names.

:(