• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

If it turns out that Cap_Freak is stiffing buyers, this would be a disheartening revelation. It would make me regret the effort undertaken to send him that uncut cardsheet as appreciation for him organizing the Secret Santa.

If it turns out that Cap_Freak is stiffing buyers, this would be a disheartening revelation. It would make me regret the effort undertaken to send him that uncut cardsheet as appreciation for him organizing the Secret Santa.

I had already forgotten that he took on the Secret Santa duties. As for now, hopefully he'll do what he needs to do. :wishluck:

Is CAP_freak the first probation thread repeat offender?

He was on the list before? :o

I had no idea :eek:

Me either. I have mentioned this before that a running history would be nice. Once on the list you should not get removed but flagged as removed.

A running history is contained within this thread.

So ... you want people to read through 219 pages of posts in order to check if someone has been on the probation list & then subsequently removed again?

No, I don't.

Me either. I have mentioned this before that a running history would be nice. Once on the list you should not get removed but flagged as removed.

So ... you want people to read through 219 pages of posts in order to check if someone has been on the probation list & then subsequently removed again?

No, I don't.

Well you will if you want to know the info...

I personally think that once a buyer/seller is off the main list then they stay off until they're in violation again.. Keeping a running historical list does nothing but give the person a continual black eye even after making things right. At it's purest, the probation list is a punitive measure to try to coerce someone to fix a bad deal. Keeping people on the list serves no incentive for someone to fix a situation...

Jim

Edited by awe4one

No, I don't.

I personally think that once a buyer/seller is off the main list then they stay off until they're in violation again.. Keeping a running historical list does nothing but give the person a continual black eye even after making things right. At it's purest, the probation list is a punitive measure to try to coerce someone to fix a bad deal. Keeping people on the list serves no incentive for someone to fix a situation...

Jim

Well reasoned, I concur. :)

umbrella, check

raincoat, check

boots, check

ok, how about a

Formerly on Probation List

Is this the picture on your driver's license? hm I didn't think so . . . :whistle:

10142.jpg

wait a second..the guy can't defend himself...or is he just keeping all the $$$

Who? CAPFreak?

Yeah. how much money did he stiff people?

It was small transactions spread across quite a few buyers. But what makes it bothersome is when contacted, he was reassuring they were shipped.

I really am hoping he jumps online and sends a message everything is going to be resolved.

Who? CAPFreak?

It was small transactions spread across quite a few buyers. But what makes it bothersome is when contacted, he was reassuring they were shipped.

I really am hoping he jumps online and sends a message everything is going to be resolved.

i hope it works out as i have a deal with him right now that i agreed to prior to these posts.

j

Who? CAPFreak?

i hope it works out as i have a deal with him right now that i agreed to prior to these posts.

j

:wishluck:

The KID is probably just embarrassed. Needs to be more responsible though. 2c

I am keeping a positive attitude and think that he will tell his side once the holiday weekend is over. If he is a kid, like you said, he is probably away.

But then again, my donations to the firefighters some years ago, financed a vacation. hm

:jokealert:

No, I don't.

Jim

Very true Jim. It's important to "parole" a person when they make good or why would they bother. Unfortunately, just like cons released from the prison system, capfreak may have trouble selling in the future.

Very true Jim. It's important to "parole" a person when they make good or why would they bother. Unfortunately, just like cons released from the prison system, capfreak may have trouble selling in the future.

Recidivism rears its ugly head again, even on our little forum.

Okay, so checked the mail today and still nothing from CAP Freak.

PayPal payment made on 5/3/09, so this is 3 full weeks after payment. We'll see after the holiday weekend where it stands.