• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I know. He did the same with me in saying the previous week he was so busy with school work, he forgot and mailed them out. No books yet!

I know and I am sorry for you too. I don't mind waiting for books but to be told misinformation and then not even provide a courtesy email explaining what happened. I find this totally unacceptable behavior. I am beyond pissed right now. When I saw that the Paypal dispute was updated and he did not email me directly, that was completely wrong.

If you put him on the list, he is not removed from the list until YOU ask for him to be removed.

Until he goes out of his way to make whatever right for you, leave him there. :gossip:

Too bad that some others have put him on the list as well and if history dictates then majority will rule. I just think that there must be some cut off of repeat offenders. If there isn't than this list is not working because there is not ultimate penalty.

Too bad that some others have put him on the list as well and if history dictates then majority will rule. I just think that there must be some cut off of repeat offenders. If there isn't than this list is not working because there is not ultimate penalty.

Tie the young man to the mast of the ship. Time he learns the ways of the sea (and the forum).

Smiley_whipping.gif

If you buy from Boozad's thread, you wouldn't have this headache :slapfight:

Point well taken. I should have bought from Boozad.

Thanks Brian for the enlightenment.

Doesn't comicgrinder live close by to Cap_Freak? Maybe he can take a ride over to his house to see how things are going.

Sure do..... anything resoled yet?

Not yet. If you can just give him a heads up he has some buyers that want to resolve the situation, it appreciated.

Thanks!

Careful. The boy is a minor. I would stick to contact via the boards unless there is a relationship with the parents or otherwise legally responsible party.

Not yet. If you can just give him a heads up he has some buyers that want to resolve the situation, it appreciated.

Thanks!

Careful. The boy is a minor. I would stick to contact via the boards unless there is a relationship with the parents or otherwise legally responsible party.

OOPS! Very good point.

Thanks!

I have met his dad, and I would just be passing on the information if I did go over there. I have no dog in this fight :foryou:

While I am sure that David would not agree with me I would like an answer from him as it is his list.

It's OUR list, not MY list. :baiting: And btw, when you bump it, do so without quotes or signature and feel free to update the date . . . thankyouverymuch :grin:

I know. He did the same with me in saying the previous week he was so busy with school work, he forgot and mailed them out. No books yet!

I know and I am sorry for you too. I don't mind waiting for books but to be told misinformation and then not even provide a courtesy email explaining what happened. I find this totally unacceptable behavior. I am beyond pissed right now. When I saw that the Paypal dispute was updated and he did not email me directly, that was completely wrong.

If you put him on the list, he is not removed from the list until YOU ask for him to be removed.

Until he goes out of his way to make whatever right for you, leave him there. :gossip:

Nothing's stopping you from starting a new thread listing permanent offenders. (shrug)

The boards are owned by CGC. Only they have the authority and ability to ban people. This thread is just a form of self-regulation by members of the boards as a way of shaming/pressuring violators and warning others, but at the end of the day it has no teeth.

Philosophically, I agree with you that it shouldn't be so easy for someone to get taken off, because the warning benefit of the thread is quickly lost because old lists get buried quickly. But Divad is the one who had the initiative to start this thread so he makes the rules. There's nothing stopping anyone else from starting their own threads with their own rules.

I see no reason why each member on the "list" that has more than one offense at least be noted.

Example: Cap Freak x2

I second this suggestion. The challenge is who is going to keep tabs on how many times someone has gone on and off the list?

I see no reason why each member on the "list" that has more than one offense at least be noted.

Example: Cap Freak x2

I second this suggestion. The challenge is who is going to keep tabs on how many times someone has gone on and off the list?

At the very least as a community of concerned collectors we could start this very minute using my example. (shrug) Any other offending boardies that have been listed throughout the thread could then be added.

I like the idea of multiplier added. If you've only made one mistake, well, it leaves room for reform. If you have multiple deals gone south, then you're clearly a lemon who people need to avoid.

It's a shame about Connor as this will pretty much put him on the outs of a community he enjoys taking part in. Hopefully, he will decide to partake in a little course-correction before long.

Here's the running list of removed offenders that I compiled yesterday. In alpha order.

boechler added 9/19/08 - Removed 11/08/08

Cap_FFreak or CAP Freak added 6/20/07 - Removed on 9/30/07 - Back on 10/11/07 - Removed 10/20/07 - Added 5/21/09

Chi Bamm added 8/7/07 - Removed 8/30/07 *Was called in for reserve duty in Iraq

comicseekers added 6/1/07 - Removed on 7/6/07

daken2626 added 10/11/07 - Removed 10/13/07

Dbostejano added 10/12/08 - Removed 4/09/09

DiceX added 12/7/07 - Removed 1/16/08

Fandango added 11/7/07 - Removed 2/20/08

Golf Clap Graemlin added 10/22/07 - Removed 10/23/07

Hobo added 2/2/08 - Removed 2/14/08

HUSH added 10/11/07 - Removed 10/12/07

IITravel - added 3/28/07 - Removed 6/1/07

Joker-Fish added 8/9/07 - Removed 9/13/08

klozd24seven added 2/2/08 - Removed 2/19/08

lighthouse added 6/13/07 - Removed on 6/20/07 - Back on 9/30/07

Matmarvel added 2/14/08 - Removed 2/15/08

newkingintown added 10/18/07 - Removed 5/20/08

old man added 7/06/07 - Removed sometime before 8/16/07 - Back on 12/7/07 - Removed 5/21/08

spongerob86 added 2/21/08 - Removed 8/15/08

TVanderZwaag added 3/12/09 - Removed 3/12/09

Edited by nocutename

Thanks!

I did not realize that he was a minor. I just looked at his profile and it does state he is under 18.

I did not realize that he was a minor. I just looked at his profile and it does state he is under 18.

So this is the THIRD time he is on the list?

How about this time he is banned from buying or selling until he turns 18 and shows a level of responsibility to be dealing with collectors in the sales forum? This playing around just shows he didn't take the warnings seriously before.

I say leave him on there for quite a while and really drive it home now.

How about this time he is banned from buying or selling until he turns 18 and shows a level of responsibility to be dealing with collectors in the sales forum? This playing around just shows he didn't take the warnings seriously before.

I'd have to agree. Maybe he doesn't realise how much this is bothering people? It's been said he's been posting on here after receiving PMs and he's ignored them.

That's not good form for a third timer.

I think hitting the list a third time deserves a perm-ban place on the list. If this list is to be a "living document" if you will then when new cases arise, it should be re-evaulated. This is the first case that someone is on the list for the third time.

Personally, a two-time offender should remain on the list but that is just me. I truly don't believe that turning 18 will cause a turn around. He has shown his true nature to me with repeated behavior.