• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

i just wanted to know where everybody else stood is all. i was hoping that i was the one on the hook for the most

So let me get this straight, kiddy-scammer Cap Freak has not come through on a $200+ deal with you, yet he pops into YOUR thread and tries to buy one of your books?

Does this seem insane to anyone else?

I am not much for piling on but it does seem to me that Cap has really overstepped here. I was not really in favor of a permanent probation but Im starting to lean that direction.

It's like Cap Freak is running a Ponzi scheme, even going so far as to use the money he scammed from one person to buy books from that SAME person.

Or has he ripped off so many people, he can't keep the names straight?

Does anyone know why Cap Freak was selling those books in the first place?

Was it a "raise money for a major purchase" deal, where it may have fallen through or his incessant whining to Dad may have gotten the money from other avenues?

If so, then he may have a severe case of "little kids remorse" combined with a bout of "I spend all the money anyway". (shrug)

It's like Cap Freak is running a Ponzi scheme, even going so far as to use the money he scammed from one person to buy books from that SAME person.

Or has he ripped off so many people, he can't keep the names straight?

hm

with the deal that i have with him, it has not finalized yet and he hasn't burnt me (as i did not pay in full for the book, broke it into 2 seperate payments) so i'm not out the full $225, and he did ask if he could send the book and me pay the balance after receipt of the book. i agreed on that no problem.

so we shall see where it goes.

j

While I don't believe the community response will be much different, it has only been a couple of hours and we have only heard from a limited number of members. Divad is the primary POC for the Probation List, and we've usually left it to him to make final decisions. My "guess" is that a poll will be posted and based on that, a decision would be made. :shrug: However, I will defer to our more senior members to weigh in. :foryou:

We've never had a poll before (shrug)

Damn, you know things are :censored:edup when You log on and the kudos thread has 3 new posts and the probation thread has 36.

True.

And all because of a young man that couldn't act responsibly with fellow collectors.

At this point, he is not responding to folks he owes books to, probably only refunded Nocutename (that is such a cute name) because PayPal ruled in your favor, and he is not taking this serious. Add to this it is a 3rd strike.

Next steps to drive it home this is not acceptable?

The following Forum Members are currently on "probation" for failure to complete a transaction in good faith after one month's time: :sumo:

aaron568

(added 11/6/08)

bronzejunkie

(added 3/26/07)

CAP freak

(added 5/21/09 - 4th "Hall of Shame" Member)

clobberintime

(added 11/7/07)

comicmankev

(added 3/27/07)

Comicseekers

(added 5/10/09)

ComicSupply

(added 10/28/08 - 3rd "Hall of Shame" Member)

DarkKnight2K4

(added 4/24/08)

donavan74

(added 3/27/07)

Ghastly

(added by majority vote 12/3/07)

gilbertotorres

(added 11/5/08 - 2nd "Hall of Shame" Member)

Henchman

(added 4/25/08)

Herald2Galactus

(Inaugural Member & 1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

Jmarch51

(added 2/14/08)

Lighthouse

(added 6/13/07)

Marc Wolfe

(added 9/15/08)

Markweb

(added 3/24/09)

matewan1990

(added 3/3/08)

mjacobs8

(added 1/24/09)

Nascar

(added 6/2/07)

NEXTLVL

(added 10/12/08)

Roxx Gang

(added 3/31/09)

rza808

(added 12/29/08)

Sid

(added 8/8/07)

SIXX_VAN_ROSE

(added 11/7/08)

SpiderJay300

(added 9/15/07)

Superman20

(added 12/18/07)

THATONEGUY

(added 1/11/08)

Wolfhulk

(added 3/24/09)(You can't hide by changin' your user name!)

Needs a list of his own:

AlleyBat

(added 5/23/08)

$4000.00 scam!!! :sumo:

i just wanted to know where everybody else stood is all. i was hoping that i was the one on the hook for the most

So let me get this straight, kiddy-scammer Cap Freak has not come through on a $200+ deal with you, yet he pops into YOUR thread and tries to buy one of your books?

:screwy: exactly how old are we talking here? teenager? younger?

Personally, I've avoided his threads ever since that incident with Muscleshark. Sounded like a real to me, the way he responded to a customer after he sent them the wrong book. I never understood why some were backing him on that.

That takes some serious Ballz to try and purchase something from someone you are actively ripping off. :censored: After being on the probation list now 3 times AND now an official member of the Hall of shame(only 4th ever) - shouldn't this dude be banned from posting period? I've seen members banned for much less than scamming cash out of fellow boardies wallets...

Edited by Comixcroz

Personally, I've avoided his threads ever since that incident with Muscleshark. Sounded like a real to me, the way he responded to a customer after he sent them the wrong book. I never understood why some were backing him on that.

That takes some serious Ballz to try and purchase something from someone you are actively ripping off. :censored: After being on the probation list now 3 times AND now an official member of the Hall of shame(only 4th ever) - shouldn't this dude be banned from posting period? I've seen members banned for much less than scamming cash out of fellow boardies wallets...

I agree with you. The only issue with that is IIRC he is buddy buddy with some senior boardies. That may work out in his favor. :P

I agree with you. The only issue with that is IIRC he is buddy buddy with some senior boardies. That may work out in his favor. :P

If senior boardies are going to back him against the majority wouldn't that amount to putting your name to stealing from people?

If senior boardies are going to back him against the majority wouldn't that amount to putting your name to stealing from people?

Yup. I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised if the "he's a good kid,let's give him a 4th chance to make it right" crowd pops up. That was the point I was trying to make. I've been drinking a tad today. Not much just a tad. :devil:

Now I'm not holding a grudge, but more wanting Connor to learn a lesson from this early in life. Otherwise, he is going to think this is okay behavior and do it on-going.

But if folks try and jump in to defend him after THREE STRIKES, I think they are hurting their own reputation at the expense of a lost cause.

I'm all about being good to kids and helping mentor them. This is NOT a kid. This is a teenager who is at a stage he needs to learn proper conduct.

rantrant

Now I'm not holding a grudge, but more wanting Connor to learn a lesson from this early in life. Otherwise, he is going to think this is okay behavior and do it on-going.

But if folks try and jump in to defend him after THREE STRIKES, I think they are hurting their own reputation at the expense of a lost cause.

I'm all about being good to kids and helping mentor them. This is NOT a kid. This is a teenager who is at a stage he needs to learn proper conduct.

rantrant

Seems like the angry lynch mob is getting a bit ahead of themselves (ourselves) - I sincerely doubt that anybody is going to defend CAP freak's actions here (thumbs u

Yup. I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised if the "he's a good kid,let's give him a 4th chance to make it right" crowd pops up. That was the point I was trying to make. I've been drinking a tad today. Not much just a tad. :devil:

None of us have the power to ban capfreak from posting on this board. We're the inmates rather than the guards. I don't have a problem with putting him in the hall of shame and keeping him there but if we do he will have no reason to address the issues and return money or ship books.