• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Ouch, how does one not figure out that they can't afford a $25k book....seriously, shouldn't take 5 months.
one should have realized this long ago and not dragged it on and on and on, taking advantage of filter81

Ouch, how does one not figure out that they can't afford a $25k book....seriously, shouldn't take 5 months.
one should have realized this long ago and not dragged it on and on and on, taking advantage of filter81

That's what I just said :makepoint:

Sorry Adam, that really sucks.

A reminder to all of us that "biting off more than you can chew" has far-reaching consequences.

If this recession has taught me anything, its that I really hate having, or buying anything with, credit. Even if I get it at a ridiculously low interest rate, if I don't pay it off within the grace period, I get uneasy. There have been plenty of books that I've passed on recently because they would've required a time payment arrangement or a dip into the ole credit cards to purchase. No thanks, not for me.

I can either afford it (by having the non-essential cash available to pay for it) or I don't. I won't screw myself, or in this case screw a solid top-notch seller, by writing a check that my @ss can't cash.

you left off the taking advantage part :baiting:

You're never taking advantage of me again! Never drinking around you again (tsk)

Boy I haven't bought or sold on the boards, and after reading all of this it makes me wonder if I even want to try it.

It does seem like sales for items in the $20K plus range enter a different realm than a casual transaction. At least at work they are contractual and subject to terms and six months is way too long to put up with someone not paying. Thirty days is standard for payment and seems reasonable.

No wonder the auction houses do a good business, they take on all this hassle and the expense of it besides.

You're never taking advantage of me again! Never drinking around you again (tsk)

even if I bring you flowers :foryou:

I know it's not April but is this a joke? TFL just got $20 from comicseekers for a loss from backing out of a deal.

If whats good for the goose is good for the gander, TFL just cost Filter $2000 from a lost sale.

Edited by faster friends

I know it's not April but is this a joke? TFL just got $20 from comicseekers for a loose from backing out of a deal.

If whats good for the goose is good for the gander, TFL just cost Filter $2000 from a lost sale.

:o

I know it's not April but is this a joke? TFL just got $20 from comicseekers for a loose from backing out of a deal.

the hypocrisy in TFL's posts re the $20 is mindboggling given the $25k shafting he gave Adam

the hypocrisy in TFL's posts re the $20 is mindboggling given the $25k shafting he gave Adam

(thumbs u

I know it's not April but is this a joke? TFL just got $20 from comicseekers for a loss from backing out of a deal.

That's what I was thinking Paul. One minute, TFL is jumping on someone about the money he is owed. The next, he is "paying it forward." Seems like someone is going to jump out soon and say it was all a surprise, and you are now on the NEW, NEW Candid Camera.

That thread was actually what made me finally decide to sit down and post this. When I first read TFL's posts in the other thread I was speechless. (Well maybe not entirely speechless, but the words that came to mind at the time I can't share on the boards)

this place is something else , must be the summer heat coming on thats bringing everything to the forefront -- if anyone else has any problems , or apparent problems , i would think now is the time to bring everything out in the open and get things cleared here -- at least thats what i would rather see , instead of one bad deal every month spilled out on the boards ... just my 2c

I trust that a response is forthcoming . . . :whistle:

No doubt. If my experiences with TFL to date are any indication, he will log on any time now, refuse to take any responsibility for his actions in this transaction and try to figure out a way to place all the blame for his actions on me. He'll probably say that even though I didn't get paid once for this book in over 5 months despite multiple promises, that if we hadn't gotten into a disagreement a few weeks ago I'd somehow magically be paid in full right now.

Fortunately I still have most of the PMs back and forth. I won't be posting them publicly at the moment out of respect to TFL since he mentions some personal things about his family in several. But I have them available if you need to see them for the probation list.

I would also like to speak on Adams behalf.

I spent approximately $550.00 on 2 GA All-Stars with Adam. We made arrangements for time payments. I figured it would be no sweat, and we proceeded with the transaction. Well no less than 3 weeks later I lost my job. I had to delay on payments, had other issues. And not 1 single time did Adam make me uncomfortable. It took alot longer than I had hoped, but I finally finished the transaction after awhile. I kept in contact, sent payment when I could and let him know I was doing what I could. In the end, he received his money and I got my books.

I met him this year, and the guy is as nice a guy you could hope to meet. We had some good conversation, and everything ends with a happy ending.

In the end. I have to say Thank You Adam. You are one of the nicest and most reasonable people in this hobby, and I have my grail because of your understanding.

So to hear someone did this, I am a bit surprised..

I would also like to speak on Adams behalf.

I spent approximately $550.00 on 2 GA All-Stars with Adam. We made arrangements for time payments. I figured it would be no sweat, and we proceeded with the transaction. Well no less than 3 weeks later I lost my job. I had to delay on payments, had other issues. And not 1 single time did Adam make me uncomfortable. It took alot longer than I had hoped, but I finally finished the transaction after awhile. I kept in contact, sent payment when I could and let him know I was doing what I could. In the end, he received his money and I got my books.

I met him this year, and the guy is as nice a guy you could hope to meet. We had some good conversation, and everything ends with a happy ending.

In the end. I have to say Thank You Adam. You are one of the nicest and most reasonable people in this hobby, and I have my grail because of your understanding.

So to hear someone did this, I am a bit surprised..

i second that, adam is great and let me pay when i could for the batman 23 from a few months back (but i was a da instead of trying to track him down myself i posted a milk carton ad in the for sale threads)

adam you are a real stand up guy!

j