• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I just think you should think about things before you run someones name through the mud publicly.

It sux that Rich had to spend all that time typing all that stuff out just to defend himself for no reason.

Look, it is sad. But it is also sad when I PMd Rich the day after I received the book, pointed out what I found, he READ the PM, and didn't respond.

In Rich's mind, he may have thought it was just a common defect. But then when I called CGC Monday and sent a note to Rich what Gemma stated, that is when I received a response back via PM.

Let's not confuse that fact as Rich stating we had steady communications is a confusion on his part. Seeing a seller read a note like that and never got back within the day sends the wrong signals.

Dude...seriously??? What if he was reading the PM and all of a sudden the phone rang and there is a family emergency? What's he supposed to do PM you back before rushing to the hospital?

Rich ISN'T Wal Mart, he's one guy trying to sell a few books. The fact that he has a Wal Mart type return policy by accepting a slab back and offering a refund is above and beyond already, you jumped the gun, admit it and apologize.

Jim

This has been one of the most unpleasant exchanges to read in this unpleasant thread. :(

agreed, both are nice guys and both have helped me with different things, hate to see when something like this happens ???

j

That answer is unacceptable, Jay. You must maliciously dogpile on one party or the other; resorting to childishness earns extra points. There is no room for level-headed regrets that this issue even arose.

Maybe in the future though, it would be best to wait to 30 days before bringing this issue and all of its details to light out of respect for the community since that is the community's decided timeline for bring such business out in the open. That amount of time certainly would have given Rich the time necessary to make things right for you by my estimation, and then avoided any bad blood between the two of you?

:shrug:

Valid points! Agreed. Between seeing the shape of the bottom of the case and wanting this resolved quickly, I definitely acted out of frustration.

But the garbage coming out of Joey is just someone jumping onboard because we had a difference over communication that I totally let go. Appears he didn't. Whatever on that one.

This has been one of the most unpleasant exchanges to read in this unpleasant thread. :(

agreed, both are nice guys and both have helped me with different things, hate to see when something like this happens ???

j

That answer is unacceptable, Jay. You must maliciously dogpile on one party or the other; resorting to childishness earns extra points. There is no room for level-headed regrets that this issue even arose.

TJ is an Uber-wanker.

j

TJ is an Uber-wanker.

Sean wanks ubers.

You have me all figured out. I have been waiting for months to attack. I sit at the computer just following you around to find that crack in your armor.

Don't flatter yourself.

I thought I had you figured out as just someone that misunderstood my good intentions, but then you post something goofy like this.

I am very sorry that one of the more vocal board members who is always giving out advice on how to handle situations here on the boards is unable to take his own advice to heart.

Like you said me to once, "Don't insult my intelligence." That statement was you clearly bringing childish hurt feelings to the discussion for no good reason.

And I am not looking to bring a fight to you. You brought that here.

Edited by Bosco685

j

TJ is an Uber-wanker.

Sean wanks ubers.

:o:o:sick:

You have me all figured out. I have been waiting for months to attack. I sit at the computer just following you around to find that crack in your armor.

Don't flatter yourself.

I thought I had you figured out as just someone that misunderstood my good intentions, but then you post something goofy like this.

I am very sorry that one of the more vocal board members who is always giving out advice on how to handle situations here on the boards is unable to take his own advice to heart.

Like you said me to once, "Don't insult my intelligence." That statement was you clearly bringing childish hurt feelings to the discussion for no good reason.

And I am not looking to bring a fight to you. You brought that here.

You really don't get it do you?

Wow. The marketplace really went to mess once the new format was introduced......

Possibly, but I think it has more to do with newer participants not understanding the dynamics of the marketplace.

We aren't full time dealers. We are hobbyists who have commitments outside these boards and sometimes those commitments take precedence over responding to a PM the minute it's read or issuing a refund the second a return breaks the plane of the doorway.

Most of us understand that and work to preserve the selling environment we have here; others don't.

Sometimes mess happens. Wear boots and bring a shovel.

j

TJ is an Uber-wanker.

Considering the source...I'll just say thank you. lol

Maybe in the future though, it would be best to wait to 30 days before bringing this issue and all of its details to light out of respect for the community since that is the community's decided timeline for bring such business out in the open. That amount of time certainly would have given Rich the time necessary to make things right for you by my estimation, and then avoided any bad blood between the two of you?

Valid points! Agreed. Between seeing the shape of the bottom of the case and wanting this resolved quickly, I definitely acted out of frustration.

But the garbage coming out of Joey is just someone jumping onboard because we had a difference over communication that I totally let go. Appears he didn't. Whatever on that one.

Bosco,

Try this one out, "Sorry guys, I jumped the gun - I promise to think before I act next time. :sorry: "

We can be a forgiving bunch when you own up to your mistakes - we're all friends here. :grin:

-d

Bosco,

Try this one out, "Sorry guys, I jumped the gun - I promise to think before I act next time. :sorry: "

We can be a forgiving bunch when you own up to your mistakes - we're all friends here. :grin:

-d

David, I agreed with Mac that his suggestion is right. I appreciate the logical guidance. I mean that!

Something about this book did not come across right, which set me on edge. I would have handled this privately throughout if not for that large stream of glue across the bottom.

If people cannot understand after seeing a case like this how it can make you act quicker than you would like, then that's their take on things. I respect that.

But I would have handled this differently - honestly - if not for that glue and then seeing the book. That's the motivators right there.

Bosco,

-d

(worship)

Something about this book did not come across right, which set me on edge. I would have handled this privately throughout if not for that large stream of glue across the bottom.

If people cannot understand after seeing a case like this how it can make you act quicker than you would like, then that's their take on things. I respect that.

But I would have handled this differently - honestly - if not for that glue and then seeing the book. That's the motivators right there.

I can't believe I am going to say this. AGAIN

THERE.

IS.

NO.

GLUE.

ON.

THAT.

CASE.

YOU.

PARONOID

SCREWHEAD.

But that's okay...I'm bringing it with me to SDCC and I'll let GEMMA tell you herself after she sees it.

IT.

IS.

THE.

HEAT.

SEALING.

PROCESS.

You're really not helping yourself here, Nick.

What you have continued to prove to everyone on this board is what a pain in the azz you can be to deal with and will PROBABLY make it difficult for anyone to want to sell to you, for fear of something JUST LIKE THIS happening to them.

Dude.

You filed a paypal dispute against me for $60 about 3 hours after I told you money would be coming by the next morning.

You are PHUKING NUTS.

NOW I'm done.

Good grief, after dealing professionaly with everyone on these boards for over 7 years, building great relationships and trust, I can't believe I'm even attempting to continue to defend myself here.

I'm no newbie here.

You might as well have accused someone like Nik or Borock of screwing with your book. REALLY.

And to (one more time folks) state the obvious...to tell these people that you would have handled this privately if not for "seeing that glue"....WE WERE HANDLING THIS PRIVATELY UNTIL YOU LOST YOUR MIND AND DECIDED TO DRAG THIS ACROSS THE BOARDS.

So let me give fair warning to EVERYONE on these boards then who might choose to deal with you in the future. Actually, I don't have to. You've shown everyone what a frickin' handfull you can be.

I simply cannot wait for that 9.8 Gaiman & McKean signature series on this book.

Edited by Rich_Henn