• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Well, this is just an example of poor communication turning a small, tiny issue into a giant, steaming cluster.

At any rate, shame on Bosco for bringing this out in the open before the 30 days were up. The rule's in place for a reason, and even in your frustration you should've kept your mouth shut until it was time to open it

Well, this is just an example of poor communication turning a small, tiny issue into a giant, steaming cluster.

At any rate, shame on Bosco for bringing this out in the open before the 30 days were up. The rule's in place for a reason, and even in your frustration you should've kept your mouth shut until it was time to open it

In 3...2...1...

Well, actually you don't have to wait 30 days to air problems. I don't in any way justify the way this particular situation was handled. Nevertheless, the rule is 30 days to go on the probation list, not 30 days until you can talk about it. If I bought $1000 worth of books and hadn't heard a peep from the seller after 3 weeks, and the seller had a big thread continuing to sell 1000s of dollars in books, you can bet I'd be saying something to warn other people. That was the whole point of the discussion thread.

Well, actually you don't have to wait 30 days to air problems. I don't in any way justify the way this particular situation was handled. Nevertheless, the rule is 30 days to go on the probation list, not 30 days until you can talk about it. If I bought $1000 worth of books and hadn't heard a peep from the seller after 3 weeks, and the seller had a big thread continuing to sell 1000s of dollars in books, you can bet I'd be saying something to warn other people. That was the whole point of the discussion thread.

I agree but that was not the case here.

Communication lapsed over a day or two with Rich not supplying a reply that Bosco obviously wanted within minutes or hours. When that did not happen he jumped the gun and started airing his grievances in an open forum when in reality he had nothing to worry about.

Contact was made. A refund was offered. What more could you have asked for in a situation where no problem exisited in the first place? If Rich had strung him along for 2 weeks for the refund I could see him taking action, but not after a day or two. All of this over a $65 transaction.

my blanket statement was intended to merely cover this one specific instance.

in this particular case, the 30-day rule would have worked perfectly, as whatever agreement the two parties would have tried to work out would have been fruitless by that point

my blanket statement was intended to merely cover this one specific instance.

in this particular case, the 30-day rule would have worked perfectly, as whatever agreement the two parties would have tried to work out would have been fruitless by that point

Understood Sal. That's why the 30 day rule really needs to be taken on a case by case basis. The system is not perfect but for the moment it is the best we have.

Cracked corner post?

Sandman090714_17.jpg

No

Plus, i am pretty sure i have seen other slabs i have had that had that issue going on that Bosco went not_in_tune_with_social_norms crazy over too.

I have no beef with anyone on these boards,and think most everyone(well except JC) just kidding dude much love.You all are great people,but this is so crazy to go as ape sheit as you did bosco,Rich is very well known and respected on these boards.How could you think that someone of his caliber would even attempt to be anything but forthright and honest with you? I have seen many CGC slabs with this on it,does it affect the comic book? NO. It's just something that happens in the slabbing process, YET! Rich Gave you a refund for the book regardless.You werent happy he made it good.Even after all that you come on here to tell EVERYONE your dissatisfaction.Please if you havent already scared anyone selling books,think before you react. 2c

Edited by oakman29

I won't discuss this any further as it isn't going to bring value to the board.

-slym

When did he bring value to the boards? :shrug:

:kidaround: