• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I'm not one to say whether he ever did or not (you know I'm joking, Nick) but he is saying it definitely will not bring any on this topic, and that's why he won't discuss it anymore.

-slym

So, slym, is that your 2 cents on this? Oh, wait! It should be "2 pennies". :roflmao::jokealert:

doh!

Wish I saw the discussion of the "glue" sooner. I have participated in threads in the past about it. It must have been about 5 years ago I bought a Tec 69 and the case didn't line up quite right including a corner post. The post didn't look broken but didn't connect the top and bottom slab. There was also a hard white substance at the corners of the slab (especially one of them). I was worried the book had been swapped out as labels weren't sealed in the inner well back then. I called CGC and got the graders notes. They matched pretty much perfect and on a book like that it's tough to have one so close that really isn't the right book. It appears to have just been a bad seal job on the case. It probably shifted a little during the process causing it to not line up perfectly and some of the plastic at corners protruded making it look like it may be glue.

Hey guys i know im bout to get shredded for this but heres my deal . i am on the probation thread from a misunderstanding in october of 2008 . anyhow ive been away for a while and was wondering what corse of actions i can take to correct my wrong doings and be put on good standards with everyone . i went through some tuff times then (i had a heart attack ) and was wondering what i should do . i am a honest person and would like a shot at correcting my wrongs and getting rid of any type of bad taste i put into everyones mouth .

please help by letting me know what i should do .

Hey guys i know im bout to get shredded for this but heres my deal . i am on the probation thread from a misunderstanding in october of 2008 . anyhow ive been away for a while and was wondering what corse of actions i can take to correct my wrong doings and be put on good standards with everyone . i went through some tuff times then (i had a heart attack ) and was wondering what i should do . i am a honest person and would like a shot at correcting my wrongs and getting rid of any type of bad taste i put into everyones mouth .

You need to talk directly to the wronged party - he/she is the only one that can take you off the probation list (thumbs u

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=163911&Number=2575368#Post2575368

Well, I've got one for you guys, even if it is a minor one. I had 8 nice BA caps in the for sale thread on the cheap. They all sell in a lot except for the 227 which is bought by a poster by the name of NEXTLVL. He insists on paying by money order, which is no problem, but I thought it odd for a $4 book. After a month he never paid, even though I politely pm'd him about the book, which I saw that he did indeed read. Granted this is a $4 book, and I could care less about the money, I never make a profit on sales threads, in fact I always lose money, its usually for fun and to move things I just don't need, or for a few bucks gas money if I have bought too much that week. I have since given it away at my shipping expense to the person who bought the rest. The point is, this guy could really cause problems if he tries to buy any higher priced items from someone else. Once again, his handle is NEXTLVL and he is easily recognized by his illiterate posting style, which also leads me to believe he is really just a kid. I don't want anything from the guy, this is just a heads up to the rest of you.

excellent start

thank you . i searched my name but nothing came up thats why i asked . i figured id be a man and post in here since so very few on the list actully own up to in up .

Good for you for wanting square things up--aces in my book. Looks like Sckao's link will bring you to MikeMosely whom it sounds like you left him hanging on a deal (intentional or otherwise). I'd say bring the issue to him, see what needs to be done for him to be cool, and you're good to go!

i messaged the people now its been a couple days so what should i do if i never get a response

Never's a long time; how about a week or so? The original deal has been lingering for awhile, what's the rush?

(shrug)

Yeah, I'd hang tight for now. You COULD try and post a thread over in Comics General though simply attempting to page someone. Just put in there that you have some private matters to discuss and would like to get in touch with them ASAP. That's worked for me in the past :)

It appears that I have been ripped off by Taz007 to the tune of $43. I bought two Goon issues from him before I saw the discussion about him and before he was added to the list. He claimed the books were mailed by priority about two weeks ago, but of course they have not arrived and he cannot produce a tracking number. My last PM went unanswered.

This marks the first time I have EVER paid for something and not gotten it, on here or on eBay. The amount of scammers on this board is really getting sickening. At this point I don't consider this place any safer than eBay.

It appears that I have been ripped off by Taz007 to the tune of $43. I bought two Goon issues from him before I saw the discussion about him and before he was added to the list. He claimed the books were mailed by priority about two weeks ago, but of course they have not arrived and he cannot produce a tracking number. My last PM went unanswered.

This marks the first time I have EVER paid for something and not gotten it, on here or on eBay. The amount of scammers on this board is really getting sickening. At this point I don't consider this place any safer than eBay.

:sorry: