• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

It appears that I have been ripped off by Taz007 to the tune of $43. I bought two Goon issues from him before I saw the discussion about him and before he was added to the list. He claimed the books were mailed by priority about two weeks ago, but of course they have not arrived and he cannot produce a tracking number. My last PM went unanswered.

This marks the first time I have EVER paid for something and not gotten it, on here or on eBay. The amount of scammers on this board is really getting sickening. At this point I don't consider this place any safer than eBay.

:sorry:

There was something fishy with him. He listed a Wolverine 2 CGC 9.8 After being pointed out that it was on Ebay and the book was being sold by a Ebay account that was not his. He challenged people to PM him for the reason it was listed on both. I PM him and he never responded imagine that. After that i figured it was only a matter of time before someone got burnt. Sorry about that October.

It appears that I have been ripped off by Taz007 to the tune of $43. I bought two Goon issues from him before I saw the discussion about him and before he was added to the list. He claimed the books were mailed by priority about two weeks ago, but of course they have not arrived and he cannot produce a tracking number. My last PM went unanswered.

This marks the first time I have EVER paid for something and not gotten it, on here or on eBay. The amount of scammers on this board is really getting sickening. At this point I don't consider this place any safer than eBay.

:sorry:

There was something fishy with him. He listed a Wolverine 2 CGC 9.8 After being pointed out that it was on Ebay and the book was being sold by a Ebay account that was not his. He challenged people to PM him for the reason it was listed on both. I PM him and he never responded imagine that. After that i figured it was only a matter of time before someone got burnt. Sorry about that October.

This is not directed at you, because I have made the same mistake in the past, BUT...

We all really need to start posting when we run into something that truly doesn't smell right, even if it doesn't fit the 30-day non-payment criteria. I know we don't want to drag people through the mud every time we disagree with how something is handled, but some things are just obviously precursors to trouble. In my example I got the runaround from someone on payment for a book--it ended up being past the 30-day limit but I did get paid--but eventually that guy imploded and ended up on the probation list. I regret not bringing my problem to everyone's attention as it may have reduced the damage that eventually occured.

Sorry don't know how to make the links all pretty but here's the sales thread link.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3191303&fpart=1

And this is the link for the Ebay auction which is still on Ebay for Monster Planet which Taz007 states he's no Monster Planet. No malice towards Monster Planet just chasing the slab number.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wolverine-2-CGC-9-8-NM-M-White-pages_W0QQitemZ230346276243QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item35a1b53d93&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

I'm kind of a noob and didn't what to thrash anyone by saying hey don't buy from such and such but the writing was on the wall and I knew to steer clear. Oh and notice all the EDITS in the thread he was changing about everthing he type and my name was Monkeymancomicguy in this I changed my name because I noticed a Monkeyman on the boards already.

Sorry that happened Andy,but I figured it was coming. :mad:

Cracked corner post?

Sandman090714_17.jpg

No

Plus, i am pretty sure i have seen other slabs i have had that had that issue going on that Bosco went not_in_tune_with_social_norms crazy over too.

I have no beef with anyone on these boards,and think most everyone(well except JC) just kidding dude much love.You all are great people,but this is so crazy to go as ape sheit as you did bosco,Rich is very well known and respected on these boards.How could you think that someone of his caliber would even attempt to be anything but forthright and honest with you? I have seen many CGC slabs with this on it,does it affect the comic book? NO. It's just something that happens in the slabbing process, YET! Rich Gave you a refund for the book regardless.You werent happy he made it good.Even after all that you come on here to tell EVERYONE your dissatisfaction.Please if you havent already scared anyone selling books,think before you react. 2c

damn. i just read this and i think nick should apologize to rich on this. i know i wouldn't be happy about it.

That situation is done. No more on it coming from either Bosco or RH - they've agreed to never do business with each other and Nick said he won't comment on it further as it brings nothing good to the boards.

I and a few others have said this same thing a few times now...

-slym ( (thumbs u )

That Comic Supply thread is just a blood bath happening by-the-second. :eek:

Nah, I just said some nice "you should appreciate the feedback about your problems" type comments and I'm sure everything will be kissy kissy now. :acclaim:

Saw that Dave, which was a nice touch. Now if he only listens.

That Comic Supply thread is just a blood bath happening by-the-second. :eek:

Nah, I just said some nice "you should appreciate the feedback about your problems" type comments and I'm sure everything will be kissy kissy now. :acclaim:

Saw that Dave, which was a nice touch. Now if he only listens.

Don't know why I even try lol .

Why am I even on that list?

That list has to deal with BOARD TRANSACTIONS!!!!!

The reason I was on the list was because of things happening off the boards. Why am I on it?

Shut up