• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Something about this book did not come across right, which set me on edge. I would have handled this privately throughout if not for that large stream of glue across the bottom.

If people cannot understand after seeing a case like this how it can make you act quicker than you would like, then that's their take on things. I respect that.

But I would have handled this differently - honestly - if not for that glue and then seeing the book. That's the motivators right there.

I can't believe I am going to say this. AGAIN

THERE.

IS.

NO.

GLUE.

ON.

THAT.

CASE.

YOU.

PARONOID

SCREWHEAD.

But that's okay...I'm bringing it with me to SDCC and I'll let GEMMA tell you herself after she sees it.

IT.

IS.

THE.

HEAT.

SEALING.

PROCESS.

What you have continued to prove to everyone on this borad is what a pain in the azz you can be to deal with and will PROBABLY make it difficult for anyone to want to sell to you, for fear of something JUST LIKE THIS happening to them.

Dude.

You filed a paypal dispute against me for $60 about 3 hours after I told you money would be coming by the next morning.

You are PHUKING NUTS.

NOW I'm done.

Good grief, after dealing professionaly with everyone on these boards for over 7 years, building great relationships and trust, I can't believe I'm even attempting to continue to defend myself here.

I simply cannot wait for that 9.8 Gaiman & McKean signature series on this book.

Owned.

Owned.

Way to contribute, you little pizz-ant. Your input is highly valued. As someone who had his butthole reamed by the entire board, I guess you have to get in your little shots in when you can.

Grow up and pizz off.

It was bad timing that I was eating an apple as I read through the last few pages of the thread.

You just bagged the post of the month on that one TJ (thumbs u

So let me give fair warning to EVERYONE on these boards then who might choose to deal with you in the future. Actually, I don't have to. You've shown everyone what a frickin' handfull you can be.

Rich, actually, I've had MANY dealings with sellers on here and never received a CGC with that material at the bottom going all the way across. That is what through me off. You can see where it bubbles up under the left-hand corner by the post, which then has this large buildup of what appears to be glue right next to it, and then continues on from there.

Sandman090714_17.jpg

Now you calling me a pain in the azz, screwhead, and all the other professional names just shows how off-the-wall you can get, but that's okay. Your feelings are hurt, so you want to lash out - go ahead.

And THAT book is not coming back a CGC SS 9.8, but you should be overjoyed with the 9.6 it should receive as with the two stress lines along the spine and the large rub across the bottom corner. This is where it didn't match your "flawless" description, and made me think I was looking at two different books.

Sandman1_1.jpg

Between that provided description and the bonding material across the bottom, this just didn't look right.

And after two years buying or submitting books resulting in hundreds of CGC books, not one of those cases ever arrived with that material across the bottom. Not a smudge, not the tiniest of buildup of plastic that gives the appearance of glue - a stream that starts to the far left in a large buildup, and continues on across.

If this is something new for CGC, then the perception built led to the blowup, and this is the ONLY TIME I have ever run into this.

Edited by Bosco685

Let me start off by saying that I consider both Rich_Henn and Nick (Bosco) good friends on here :)

In Nick's defense, I have never come across material like that on the bottom of the slab. I'm sure it very well is material from the sealing process, but I would have still been a little freaked out if I got a CGC slab like that in the mail. So, I can understand Nick's initial concerns.

Bosco, even if the case looked funny and you thought the book overgraded or swapped (which can't even be done unless it's an old label case) why file a PayPal dispute hours after you were told a refund was forthcoming from a long standing Forumite? I have no beef with either of you guys, have never dealt or even know you guys, but you overeacted and owe Rich an apology. I rarely sell anything, but sure as heck wouldn't want to do business with anybody who reacts like you did.

Bosco, even if the case looked funny and you thought the book overgraded or swapped (which can't even be done unless it's an old label case) why file a PayPal dispute hours after you were told a refund was forthcoming from a long standing Forumite? I have no beef with either of you guys, have never dealt or even know you guys, but you overeacted and owe Rich an apology. I rarely sell anything, but sure as heck wouldn't want to do business with anybody who reacts like you did.

You said a mouthful, spoon. :foryou:

I agree with everything you said.

Maybe they left off the note on the label, SA; slight amount of glue at the bottom of the slab lol

The graders at cgc are very good and quite professional, however the encapsulation and shipping departments are very human and do make mistakes. I could see someone having trouble with the slab in encapsulation and possibly using glue. If you are concerned that the slab was somehow "switched" then you should have called for the graders notes. I have never seen glue like that on a slab from cgc, but anything is possible. If the graders notes match, then you are looking at $11 for a new holder, however the shipping of one slab for a reholder is not a good idea, since they kill you on the return shipping.

I do understand your concerns and would want a new holder too, but if you didn't call for the graders notes, you left out an important step. I don't want to take either side in this, but everyone needs to take the proper steps before jumping off the cliff. One other thing to keep in mind, not everyone lives on these boards, so always allow a few days for a response.

Now go back to fighting amongst yourselves :slapfight:

I do understand your concerns and would want a new holder too, but if you didn't call for the graders notes, you left out an important step. I don't want to take either side in this, but everyone needs to take the proper steps before jumping off the cliff. One other thing to keep in mind, not everyone lives on these boards, so always allow a few days for a response.

Now go back to fighting amongst yourselves :slapfight:

Appreciate the logical suggestion, but with all the name-calling and pile diving, you may have missed where I mentioned calling CGC the Monday after I received the book and speaking with Gemma.

They do not take notes on defects is what I was told on Copper-Modern books - just the tally of what the graders determined was the final condition. And it was on that call where I was told CGC does not use any glue/bonding material on their cases. Just pressure to seal the two pieces of the case together.

Maybe in the future though, it would be best to wait to 30 days before bringing this issue and all of its details to light out of respect for the community since that is the community's decided timeline for bring such business out in the open. That amount of time certainly would have given Rich the time necessary to make things right for you by my estimation, and then avoided any bad blood between the two of you?

:shrug:

Valid points! Agreed. Between seeing the shape of the bottom of the case and wanting this resolved quickly, I definitely acted out of frustration.

But the garbage coming out of Joey is just someone jumping onboard because we had a difference over communication that I totally let go. Appears he didn't. Whatever on that one.

Bosco,

Try this one out, "Sorry guys, I jumped the gun - I promise to think before I act next time. :sorry: "

We can be a forgiving bunch when you own up to your mistakes - we're all friends here. :grin:

-d

At this point, I don't see either party walking away from this "feeling good," however, I also don't think that there will be anything productive garnered through further argument. Maybe just agree that this was a deal that wasn't handled the way either of you hoped for (the agree to disagree approach) and walk away from it. No point in just getting each other more wound up when 1. Rich has his book back and 2. Nick has his money back.

Lesson Learned: Stick to the 30 day rule & Ask boardies for references if a member is setting off some red flags before outing them. (thumbs u

And now back to our regularly scheduled program!

Dick, it was the wrong thing to do looking back on the situation, as it was done out of the heat of the moment. This is the only time I've ever had a situation with this glue across the case, and with all the recent scam activity, and never seeing any bad feedback on sales from Rich, I even sent him a PM asking if he bought this from someone.

At this point, I don't see either party walking away from this "feeling good," however, I also don't think that there will be anything productive garnered through further argument. Maybe just agree that this was a deal that wasn't handled the way either of you hoped for (the agree to disagree approach) and walk away from it. No point in just getting each other more wound up when 1. Rich has his book back and 2. Nick has his money back.

Lesson Learned: Stick to the 30 day rule & Ask boardies for references if a member is setting off some red flags before outing them. (thumbs u

And now back to our regularly scheduled program!

Agreed!

I won't discuss this any further as it isn't going to bring value to the board.