• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Trooper was being a martyr to make a point.
I will say in Trooper's defense that he has brought up many scammed books on ebay to the boards and bid up their auctions to cost them money. This is a good thing.

IMO, the newbie didn't deserve this treatment. He has yet to prove himself but, his FS thread was seriously hijacked. I felt that he wasn't given a fair chance. Since their's a 30 day wait before placing someone on the probation list, I feel that Trooper should not be on it. Maybe the guy will forget about it and not add him.

PM me with the folks you are taking care of & I'll keep track of them, so we can keep this all straight. (thumbs u

So far we have:

ffcomics

Here4now

ripclaw923

Edited by FUELMAN

Trooper was being a martyr to make a point.
I will say in Trooper's defense that he has brought up many scammed books on ebay to the boards and bid up their auctions to cost them money. This is a good thing.

IMO, the newbie didn't deserve this treatment. He has yet to prove himself but, his FS thread was seriously hijacked. I felt that he wasn't given a fair chance. Since their's a 30 day wait before placing someone on the probation list, I feel that Trooper should not be on it. Maybe the guy will forget about it and not add him.

Agreed Mike. I can't speak for Vaughn but he has his reasons. Maybe he'll take himself off the list :insane:

PM me with the folks you are taking care of & I'll keep track of them, so we can keep this all straight. (thumbs u

So far we have:

ffcomics

Here4now

ripclaw923

Are you saying Russ has a problem keeping track of stuff? :kidaround:

Seriously, That is kind of you.

So far we have:

ffcomics

Here4now

ripclaw923

Are you saying Russ has a problem keeping track of stuff? :kidaround:

Seriously, That is kind of you.

I know.....I'm so much the :angel:

PM to me from ComicSupply

Let's resolve our issue. Can you point me in the direction of the order please?

My reply:

My name is John Russell

I used to order multiples of new comics from you, plus trades and books.

I paid to have them shipped weekly.

I was ordering about $700-800 a month of product from you.

In December of last year, without even informing me, you stopped weekly shipments.

Of course, I have never been refunded for the weekly shipping charges (3 months worth) despite repeated and repeated and then repeated again requests.

In fact, you stopped shipping anything at all to me. Only after months of e-mails, phone calls, and hassles did you fill PART of the orders that I placed with you (for instance, I ordered 10 copies of Amazing Spider-Man 583. I got 3 (and they were all :censored: copies, you :censored: ).

I eventually filed a credit card claim against you but was denied due to the time lapse between order and complaint. You owe me, as I remember, $430 and some change.

I am convinced that you knew that by constantly promising me that the orders would eventually be filled (and the fact that they were pre-orders so already delayed months) that the credit card dispute time limit would eventually be passed.

When I filed claim, it was denied for just this reason. Perhaps I should thank you for the lesson as I am now very aware of the time limits for disputing each and every one of my credit cards, but I don't think I will.

I must admit that I realized that you have no morals and that, the minute I stopped doing business with you, you would probably not fulfill all your obligations. You did not let me down or surprise me in that aspect at all. In fact, I was actually surprised at how little of your obligations you did fulfill, basically none. You are a dishonest crook.

Considering the fact that I had constant problems with you from the sorry day that I first placed an order with you to the happy day when I swore that I would never do business with you again, I was very happy to move on.

But I'll be :censored: if I'm going to sit by silently while you try to weasel your way out of the consequences of your complete lack of ethics.

I already know from endlessly repeated past experience that I will get no satisfaction from this clown.

But, God, it felt good to vent.

Try to protect the newbies and keep this guy on the probation list forever.

I don't what to say.

The guy is unbelievable.

PM:

I actually have a big stack of stuff for you. I never got any chargeback information or emails from you.

Your right, we certainly owe you the weekly charges. What do you mean when you say they were all XXX copies you XXX?

PM back:

1) You have a "big stack of stuff for me?" Never occurred to you to mail it? Of course, I've already bought all of it somewhere else. After all, I haven't ordered anything from you in almost a year. Jeez, you think you could just refund me my money???

2) Of course, you never got any charge back from me. The :censored: credit card I used to order said my claim had timed out at 6 months. I was two weeks late. That card is canceled and I use a card that would let me charge back after a bloody decade now.

3) You never got any e-mails from me???? You mean after the last ones were I called you a crook and the telephone calls where I asked you what the hell your problem was?

4) Wow. You admit you owe me the weekly charges. Ever occur to you to pay them back to me? Or has your memory blanked on my repeated requests for them too?

5) I used to order NEW multiple copies from you so that I could send some in to CGC and try for 9.8s. In fact, I used to put that I was doing THAT right in the comments on the orders. You sent me copies, months after they came out, that looked like they had been out at a comic shop and pawed over by multiple customers. 9.8? They weren't even 8.5s. Considering I was only ordering multiples of NEW copies and had no interest in used copies, you ripped me off there too and that isn't even included in the money you owe me.

Why?

Too embarrassing for you?

Something you'd like to hide?

Oh please, we never have been accused of sending 8.5s lol. As if we paw through them.

Well, it never shipped becuase if that is the last preorder and it isn't complete then it is held until it is complete. It still isn't complete.

I was going to refund everything with the last shipment. I will check to see what's behind held up.

Note that I haven't ordered anything from ComicSupply in a year (October or November of last year, I believe).

Simply unbelievable.

As for the 8.5s, I was told at one point by Comic Supply, in regard to a previous problem, that Diamond had denied them credit and refused to ship CS their orders. I was told that the orders were being filled by purchasing the books from other local stores. The last batch of books I received before getting nothing more fit that description exactly.

Hey, quick question as I just want clarification how our board rules work.

If someone is a Hall of Shame member, that means they never come off the list, right?

And I have nothing against Comicsupply as he never did anything against me, but neither did others on the Probation List. I still would like to honor whatever our rules are that surround the list.

Comic Supply Customer Relations, take 1

If you want to post every message back and forth then here's what is going to happen.

I will get your shipment together when it is complete, then ship you out the books along with a refund check.

If you want to be snotty about us handling it, then that is fine, it won't get it done any faster.

My answer was an expletive.

I don't care if I ever get my money or books back from this clown.

I just want him to go out of business and to that other place that he so rightly belongs.

Guys, this isn't the place for discussion of the list--just for updates TO the list. Let's keep it over in the probation discussion list. :foryou:

They did take over to the other thread. This was an early discussion.

All good.

Comic Supply Customer Relations, take 1

If you want to post every message back and forth then here's what is going to happen.

I will get your shipment together when it is complete, then ship you out the books along with a refund check.

If you want to be snotty about us handling it, then that is fine, it won't get it done any faster.

My answer was an expletive.

I don't care if I ever get my money or books back from this clown.

I just want him to go out of business and to that other place that he so rightly belongs.

hm Sounds like as long as Russ keeps jerking John around, he'll be in the Hall of Shame here forever. You know Russ, you talk about righting all the wrongs, this looks like one hell of a wrong you've committed.

Hey, quick question as I just want clarification how our board rules work.

If someone is a Hall of Shame member, that means they never come off the list, right?

And I have nothing against Comicsupply as he never did anything against me, but neither did others on the Probation List. I still would like to honor whatever our rules are that surround the list.

You know, my understanding is if you're a HoS member, it's pretty much for life. I kind of forgot ComicSupply was on THAT list in my response to him. All the same, I think it'd go a long way in general board community relations to even all debts. Sending the books AND a refund is certainly one way to do so in my mind.

And Russ, to "sort of" answer your question re: Vaughn... I don't know even know what he's up to tonight. I HAVE seen him unearth some pretty entrenched scam artists, so one part of me would like to think this is something along these lines. Another part of me wonders if he mixed bad cheese w/ cheap beer and this is the result. But, for now, I think going about righting the number of wrongs is the right thing and DO hope you continue to follow up with the rest of those who you still have obligations to. (thumbs u

hm

So far we have:

ffcomics

Here4now

ripclaw923

collector_bill

If I'm missing anyone, please let me know.

So far we have:

ffcomics

Here4now

ripclaw923

collector_bill

If I'm missing anyone, please let me know.

It would take months for most of them all to show up, certainly not a weekend when most of us are away....and Hall of Shame, means there were MANY (not 2) complaints.