• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Your threads were taken down because you made multiple sales threads when they could have been one. Not sure what other rules you broke. Read the rules!

Better yet, take your sales threads to eBay. :makepoint:

Fuel,

I don't even think after I handle those I will be taken off. So, I assume there will be some burden to bear for awhile.

I am not hung up on it. But, I do have thing's to sell, threads that have been TAKEN DOWN, which it say's here that people can still buy/sell when they are on the list.

Clearly someone took them down because I am who I am. And that seems to go against the rules of the list.

The probation list was created by Divad and is a thread devoted to warning about buyers and sellers that have failed to complete transactions honestly. We don't have the power to take down your threads.

Fuel,

I don't even think after I handle those I will be taken off. So, I assume there will be some burden to bear for awhile.

I am not hung up on it. But, I do have thing's to sell, threads that have been TAKEN DOWN, which it say's here that people can still buy/sell when they are on the list.

Clearly someone took them down because I am who I am. And that seems to go against the rules of the list.

Your threads were taken down as they did not adhere to the Marketplace guidelines including, but not limited to:

- It must list specific books with purchase prices. It is acceptable to bulk price, and/or to note that package discounts may be available, but you must list a starting price that you WILL sell for.

- List scans or information about the grade of the offered books.

- List estimated shipping costs, times, and methods.

- List acceptable forms of payment

- List books in the correct subforum

I'm sure there were more rules you didn't bother with as well.

How about this one?

******************************************83670.gif

You are in danger of entering into a transaction with a person who is currently on the Probation List for failure to complete previous comittments with Board Members. While we can not stop Probation List violators from buying or selling here on the boards, we do openly encourage everyone to NOT do business with anyone currently on the Probation List until they have made good on their previous transaction(s) and those who were wronged have consented to having them removed from the Probation List.

Entering into any transaction with anyone currently on the Probation List is not advised nor encouraged.

**************************************** Caveat Emptor! Buyer Beware!

spellcheck! (and grammar check)

"commitments" :gossip:

I'd also link to the latest Probation List... but that may change too much for some board members to handle.

******************************************83670.gif

You are in danger of entering into a transaction with a person who is currently on the Probation List for failure to complete previous commitments with Board Members. While we cannot stop Probation List violators from buying or selling here on the boards, we do openly encourage everyone to NOT do business with anyone currently on the Probation List until they have made good on their previous transactions and those who were wronged have consented to having them removed from the Probation List.

Entering into any transaction with anyone currently on the Probation List is not advised nor encouraged.

**************************************** Caveat Emptor! Buyer Beware!

I'd also link to the latest Probation List... but that may change too much for some board members to handle.

That would require updating the link every time the list is updated.

Ok guys, give me a time limit that I have to put that on my items. I will do it myself.

I will cut and paste that myself into each thread that I sell on. Can't we compromise or something, say 2-3 months of sales with no complaints and I can stop using that?

You have to let me try to make it right. If I am on the list forever, nobody will sell anything to me, and selling will be difficult. I really want to make thing's better, and fix the wrongs, but please you have to allow me the opportunity to show you I can do it.

I told you how to fix things, but you responded with a flippant "I don't need your help" attitude.

I tell you once again: go make things right. Stop responding to the angry comments of others with hostile comments of your own. Be humble. Apologize, whether you think you owe it or not. Show some contrition....over a long period of time. And fix each and every single outstanding issue BEFORE trying to sell again.

I guarantee you, there is not a single person who can argue against the above advice. None. And I didn't invent it...I merely pass it along.

If you continue to doubt the wisdom of my advice, you will continue to wonder why things won't work.

Oh, and please control BellaDonna.

Why does Russ want to sell here all of a sudden?

He has been away from here for 14 months. He's back for one day and wants to circumvent the Probation Thread. Now he wants us to re-write the rules just for him.

Selling here is not like air or food, clothing or shelter: He doesn't "need" to buy or sell here to survive. There are other venues he could be using, such as Ebay.

I fear he is looking to make some quick cash and , judging from his past behavior, we should all be very weary of his return.

Don't let his whining fool you. He's on the Probation List because HE put himself there, and he's had 14 months to make good.....but chose not to.

Your right, I don't have to sell here. I just want to is all.

I liked posting here, and will continue to do so. Just won't be selling for awhile until I clear up what I need to.

(thumbs u

Thats what you need to do for sure, I wish you the best of luck.

Can you explain your actions over the last while though? Why did things go the way they did? A year ago I tried to buy something through your website, I didn't get a response. Not long after I saw all the stories here of members that also had less than satisfactory dealings with you. Why did this all happen in the first place?

Fuel,

Russ... I'm going on a limb here but I don't think the listing removals had anything to do with who you are.

"Read the forum guidelines with regards 1. multiple threads and 2. posting books in the correct subforum BEFORE posting sales threads. "

Instead, I'm guessing it had more to do with forum guideline violations as are specifically listed in the moderator's note to you. :shrug:

Being concerned about righting the number of wrongs you've made is a good step forward; however, demonstrating an equal concern about selling immediately and not following guidelines in the process can easily set some alarms off considering your checkered history with members here. Take your time, fix the mistakes, and THEN worry about selling here. I think you'll find people on the boards are much more amendable to seller whose affairs are in order than one who has a wake of unhappy customers in tow.

Why am I even on that list?

That list has to deal with BOARD TRANSACTIONS!!!!!

The reason I was on the list was because of things happening off the boards. Why am I on it?

Hall of Shame is Hall of Shame, no getting off it. Actually if Pete Rose gets in the hall, I'll put in a good word for you get off the list. Should give you like forever to get your act together.

Why am I even on that list?

That list has to deal with BOARD TRANSACTIONS!!!!!

The reason I was on the list was because of things happening off the boards. Why am I on it?

Hall of Shame is Hall of Shame, no getting off it. Actually if Pete Rose gets in the hall, I'll put in a good word for you get off the list. Should give you like forever to get your act together.

I dunno dude petey has a good chance to get in after he dies IMO.

Why does Russ want to sell here all of a sudden?

He has been away from here for 14 months. He's back for one day and wants to circumvent the Probation Thread. Now he wants us to re-write the rules just for him.

Selling here is not like air or food, clothing or shelter: He doesn't "need" to buy or sell here to survive. There are other venues he could be using, such as Ebay.

I fear he is looking to make some quick cash and , judging from his past behavior, we should all be very weary of his return.

Don't let his whining fool you. He's on the Probation List because HE put himself there, and he's had 14 months to make good.....but chose not to.

Yep. Dude doesn't deserve a referendum - he dug his hole, and came back to dig it even deeper. :sumo:

After the recent tragedy and the incredible outpouring of goodwill on these boards, I find it incredulous that comic supply has the audacity and poor timing to demand and act in this manner.

He just doesn't get it!

These boards are a community,- treat people fairly and have a good moral compass.

I believe you forgot Paratrooper's name.

This list is COMPLETE BS if you pick and choose who you put on it. Rules are rules, he violated it, put him back on it.

The rules...which you obviously haven't read yet...are that he has 30 days to make good on a deal before he can officially be added to the list.

Here is what I have a problem with. The probation list is to warn buyers or sellers of members who didn't make good on there commitment either buying or selling. If that member who wrong other members fixes the mistakes that member should be taken of the list. I am having a problem right now with a member not keeping up with his end of the bargain and if its not fix within 30 days I will ask to get him added to the list, but if he comes back and tries to fix the problem after he is put on the list I would say take him off the list. The point is I feel that everyone deserves a second chance, except Alley Bat he knew what he was doing. I seen alot of goodwill the past 2 weeks and I thought it was fantastic I am proud to see what this place can do for people in a time of need, lets keep that goodwill going and I feel that the boards will be that much better of a place.

Oh, gee, I thought the fact he said HE WASN'T GOING TO PAY, should pretty much make the 30 day thing null and void.

If you know that no amount of time will change his mind, then what is the point? Unless the point is hoping I will forget and not ask for his inclusion.