• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Just when you think you've seen all kinds of stupid. :frustrated:

Unbelievable! Simply amazing! Acting like this to a guy that STILL found it in his heart to give the little twerp another chance and went out of his way for him.

Connor, you don't know me, and we'll probably never meet, but I gotta hand it to you, kid, you've given a whole new meaning to a large number of four-letter words! :censored:

Be thankful that Steve B is a nice, peace-loving (in a hippie-ish sort of way) guy. If you'd done something like that to me (and a few others around here, I'm sure), you'd probably be eating through a straw right now. (thumbs u

And to do it to Steve, wow. We were all teenagers once. I would wager that you'd be hard pressed to find one among us that was this much of a disrespectful *spoon*.

Honestly, I was a dik, but I NEVER would have shown this kind of disrepect to someone who was so generous with me

He needs to get his azz physically kicked, by his parents or his peers. I realize that isn't a PC thing to say, nor is it enlightened or evolved, but it works. Some of the best lessons I learned, I learned from getting my azz handed to me.

I also was a total jerk, but. I kind of knew when to shut up and try and learn something. You dont throw people who are will to help and teach you something under the bus. And this isnt the first time by no means. Its just another situation with him that we're talking about. To have an opportunity to learn this hobby from one of the best, and pull this is totally unacceptable. As C.O.I. states, he needs his azz whipped. I personally favor a hard open hand beetch-slap to get their attention. Its just to bad that someone that had so many people to learn from, has only learned how to be a insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

DRX

Not sure where to post this but figured this was the place.

In SD Steve B. took Connor(CapFreak) under his wing, and as I understood it hooked him up with a hotel, passes etc.. Very nice thing to do...giving a kid a second chance because we all make mistakes.

Long Story short, Conner somehow got Steve's cell phone and left a less then desirable message on Steve outgoing voice mail. Why I do not know, but I do know it cost Steve dearly in terms of cleaning up the mess.

Connors parents were contacted and they pretty much did nothing.

If any of this is incorrect Conner please feel free to set me straight, otherwise take a hike.

Isn't this something Steve or Cap should be revealing vs. hearing it second hand on a public forum? Not trying to defend his actions, if true, but this doesn't seem to be one of those issues that should be exposed by anyone other than the original parties on a message board...

Jim

I disagree. I'm glad Kenny posted it. It just reinforces the fact that Connor is a clueless little individual_without_enough_empathy that doesn't care about anybody else but himself. :sumo:

+1

I met Steve for the first time at SDCC and he was a pleasure. He made me feel like I was important and he couldn't have been friendlier. I would imagine that he is just too classy and kind to bring this up and I appreciate Kenny doing so.

It's obvious that capfreak hasn't learned much from his 4 visits to the probation list and he does indeed bite the hand that helps him.

+1. Steve is one of the nicest people I've met. It just sucks that his good nature got him stung this time.

No respect left for Cap_Freak at all now. What a little person_without_enough_empathy

Like everyone here, i cant say enough good things about Steve.

I have only had the pleasure of meeting him a couple times so far, and i didnt talk to him very much even because there is always someone on him,

and i didnt want to be a bother.

But when we did talk, he talked to me like we had been best buds for years ! invited me to lunch, bought me a drink, and just really made me feel good about being there.

Sometimes terrible things happen to wonderful people, this is one of them :(

Not sure where to post this but figured this was the place.

In SD Steve B. took Connor(CapFreak) under his wing, and as I understood it hooked him up with a hotel, passes etc.. Very nice thing to do...giving a kid a second chance because we all make mistakes.

Long Story short, Conner somehow got Steve's cell phone and left a less then desirable message on Steve outgoing voice mail. Why I do not know, but I do know it cost Steve dearly in terms of cleaning up the mess.

Connors parents were contacted and they pretty much did nothing.

If any of this is incorrect Conner please feel free to set me straight, otherwise take a hike.

Isn't this something Steve or Cap should be revealing vs. hearing it second hand on a public forum? Not trying to defend his actions, if true, but this doesn't seem to be one of those issues that should be exposed by anyone other than the original parties on a message board...

Jim

I agree Jim but if this is true is pretty darn pathetic. My parents would have whooped my arse.

I would normally agree with you but in this instance I knew Steve was not going to out Connor here(ask him yourself if you want to know why) but agreed people should be made aware that the kid has lost his way. Steve told enough people about what happened to get the word out, I just felt it needed to be heard here because there are many board members who do not read every thread or are not privy to every conversation and have no idea of the past or present history Connor is quickly accumulating.

And as I said in my post, Connor can feel free to come here and set me straight and tell his side. I wish he would actually because I am flabbergasted as to what could have possibly been going through his mind at the time to think that prank was anything but malicious and extremely damaging to Steve.

From what Steve told us, this doesn't cover all of Connor's bad behavior in SD. Unless one thinks it's OK to try to kick the host out of his own hotel room.

the chances of connor making any sort of mea culpa is pretty much zero.

he'll probably use the excuse of not wanting to walk into a metaphorical buzzsaw, what with all the outright declarations of violence here and elsewhere, but that's just a red herring.

the kid is just that, a kid, with a kid's level of immaturity that far outstrips his peer group. threatening him isn't going to get anywhere, but venting probably helps some people cope with having such an unrepentant punk in their midst.

i'd say that he should be ashamed of himself, but i very highly doubt he actually has a sense of shame to be aware of.

my advice to the boards would be to let Steve take Chris's generous offer, let the chips settle where they may, and try to ignore the little punk loser

Reading the responses in this thread, it looks like if Cap ever wants to attend another con, he better hire security. I don't mean 'bring a big friend' security, I mean 'Secret Service'-type security, 10 man team minimum. You messed up big this time me boyo, and there are a lot of people angry at you.

Reading the responses in this thread, it looks like if Cap ever wants to attend another con, he better hire security. I don't mean 'bring a big friend' security, I mean 'Secret Service'-type security, 10 man team minimum. You messed up big this time me boyo, and there are a lot of people angry at you.

When I saw Con-man's name on the list of attendees to the SDCC Forum Dinner I was more than a little bit shocked. Why would this guy wear a suit made out of steak and walk into the lion's den? Now it makes sense, he was under Steve's wing.

I even contacted the organizers of the dinner to tell them to get Con-man's cash UP FRONT or there was no way they were ever going to get paid, not knowing Steve was footing the bill.

My offer still stands. I can do this on behalf of Steve, or I can talk to Heritage since they have been financially damaged by this loser as well. They lost out on business and their business value has been damaged in the eyes of potential customers.

C

I called Kenny to get the full uncensored story.

Total move. I have no idea how to respond to that.

Connor should be banned. He doesn't belong here.

Ive been watching this punk post on here for months. He has no character, sense of responsibilty, or remorse. Ive seen him get arrongant and say totally dumb mess to some very respectable board members. He constantly sticks his nose in threads where no one wants him. Four times on the probation list! Come on, theres no excuses. This little twerp just doesnt get it. He offers nothing of any value to these boards.

DRX

Exactly. Red Hook was banned for way less than this.

He brings no value to the boards. Just disruption.

+ a lot

I'd trade him for RedHook any day.

I'd even rather read through a forty page thread of a troll/flame war between Deathlok-Bug-JC-CAL and Greggy than see one more of his lame posts.

From what Steve told us, this doesn't cover all of Connor's bad behavior in SD. Unless one thinks it's OK to try to kick the host out of his own hotel room.

Is this really true ? I think I need to assimilate more ahole logic into my brain to even try and understand the depth of what the hell is wrong with this kid.

How much worse does it seriously get ?

Is this really true ? I think I need to assimilate more ahole logic into my brain to even try and understand the depth of what the hell is wrong with this kid.

He appears to be a psychopath. Does this definition sound familiar?

The psychopath is defined by an uninhibited gratification in criminal, sexual, or aggressive impulses and the inability to learn from past mistakes. Individuals with this disorder gain satisfaction through their antisocial behavior and lack remorse for their actions.

I'm suprised we haven't seen a "just try to get me banned" post like last time

i doubt it. methinks that he now realizes what a douchie he is and how he went too far this time.

it's a "daddy didn't give me an attention" and he's acting out because of it.

go back to the kiddie pool before you drown.

j

My offer still stands. I can do this on behalf of Steve, or I can talk to Heritage since they have been financially damaged by this loser as well. They lost out on business and their business value has been damaged in the eyes of potential customers.

C

I hope with all my heart that either Steve or Heritage take you up on this. This kid needs some sort of an intervention, stat!

Steve: you aren't doing him any favors by not seeking legal recourse. The boy WILL wind up in prison sooner or later, but a stint in boot camp now might mitigate that.

The fact that he'll get that stupid haircut sheared off is just icing on the cake.