• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

It sounds to me that you were confident that he was going to buy the book if you closed your FS thread. He could have removed himself from the PM (unless you sent him a new PM). I sugest sending him 1 last (new) PM if you have not already done so. If he does not respond, I would post his user id. From what I am reading, he probabably won't make the probation list but, at least your "dealing" with him will be noted. This will allow others to choose whether or not they want to take him seriously or do business with him.

No. The thread was closed when the offer was made. He has made offers before on my books wihch I countered with another number, nothing ever culminating in a sale. He has been a member of the boards for 9 months but never has made a post. The PM was "would you take $X and $X for these 2 books". I responded with "one book is no longer available but I will take your offer on the other book". He read the response but now will not read any further PM's. I think he should at least get back to me one way or the other. I am in limbo with the book. Is it possibly sold or not, should I take it off the market until I hear back?

Put the book back on the market and forget his offer, you're not obliged to him at all.

No. The thread was closed when the offer was made. He has made offers before on my books wihch I countered with another number, nothing ever culminating in a sale. He has been a member of the boards for 9 months but never has made a post. The PM was "would you take $X and $X for these 2 books". I responded with "one book is no longer available but I will take your offer on the other book". He read the response but now will not read any further PM's. I think he should at least get back to me one way or the other. I am in limbo with the book. Is it possibly sold or not, should I take it off the market until I hear back?

This is a different case then was I was thinking of but am still not sure if this is a probation offense either. It sounds like poor communication from the buyer's part. For me, I try to buy a few issues to save on shipping so perhaps, he was looking to only purchase the two together. I agree that you should start a new PM thread and see if you get a response. However, if another buyer comes along in the meantime, I wouldn't feel that the book is on hold.

This is a different case then was I was thinking of but am still not sure if this is a probation offense either. It sounds like poor communication from the buyer's part. For me, I try to buy a few issues to save on shipping so perhaps, he was looking to only purchase the two together. I agree that you should start a new PM thread and see if you get a response. However, if another buyer comes along in the meantime, I wouldn't feel that the book is on hold.

I agree. Doesn't sound like an offer. He can't be held to that.

I agree. Doesn't sound like an offer. He can't be held to that.

I agree. More communication would have been nice, but it looks no accountability for purchase applies.

If I made an offer on a book and it was accepted, I would consider myself committed to the purchase.

Yes, as long as the seller accepted the offer in a timely fashion. The seller should not however, hold the offer at bay, while he considers other offers, or holds out for more. I expect offers to be accepted within 24 hours unless I (as a buyer) agree to leave it open longer.

He should at the very least respond. Since he hasn't, you are free to do as you wish with the book (assuming that a reasonable amount of time has elapsed.)

It sounds to me that you were confident that he was going to buy the book if you closed your FS thread. He could have removed himself from the PM (unless you sent him a new PM). I sugest sending him 1 last (new) PM if you have not already done so. If he does not respond, I would post his user id. From what I am reading, he probabably won't make the probation list but, at least your "dealing" with him will be noted. This will allow others to choose whether or not they want to take him seriously or do business with him.

He made the offer after the thread was closed. Also, he has not removed himself from the topic, he did read my acceptance PM but he has not read any of my follow up PM's asking for a response.

I want to thank everyone for their comments.

Shipping not an issue, both books CGC certified, both $100 & over.

He should at the very least respond. Since he hasn't, you are free to do as you wish with the book (assuming that a reasonable amount of time has elapsed.)

That's true, but he doesn't even need to wait a reasonable time.

Once he altered the original offer from two books to one book, the original offer ceased to exist and this became a second and new offer this time from Eggs to the buyer. Since the buyer never accepted it, Eggs can pull the offer whenever he wants, since it was never accepted.

Best,

Chris

Put the book back on the market and forget his offer, you're not obliged to him at all.

I agree. Seems there was no firm commitment on this book, just a question asking if you would sell at this price. Coming back with "yes, I accept your offer" didn't make it binding by both parties. The book is free to go up for sale again. Just MHO.

OK, just a heads up, it seems that Trey Cannon has been listing books in his sales threads using pictures taken fromvarious Ebay auctions posted by other sellers.

Buyers should be very wary.

The veterans committee may have to convene a special session to expand that hall of shame.

If this person that walks, and smells like a duck actually starts quacking...we won't have much choice. There are about $10k in books in that thread.

C

OK, just a heads up, it seems that Trey Cannon has been listing books in his sales threads using pictures taken fromvarious Ebay auctions posted by other sellers.

Buyers should be very wary.

:o

Bad, bad form.

And this is only, what, his fifth or sixth time screwing the pooch on a sales thread?

Well before it looked like dumbassedry,,,,this looks like something entirely different.

To this point there is zero proof that he actually owns any of the books in this thread as all of of the pics were lifted directly from other folks auctions.

With over $10k in books in that thread this could be a serious matter.

C