• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Doesn't anyone miss CapFreak, the boy with the world's least comic book friends?

You mean like, "Took Aim and Missed" or "wished he was here"?

I don't want to make a big deal out of this as I have no problem keeping the book, BUT does anyone else besides me think this is an Offer:

Hello,

Could you go $100 Shipped within the US for this item.

Jungle Comics #150 1952 CGC 6.5 CTOW

Thanks..

Now the person decided that they offered to much and only wants to pay $75

Unbelievable????

I don't want to make a big deal out of this as I have no problem keeping the book, BUT does anyone else besides me think this is an Offer:

Hello,

Thanks..

Unbelievable????

yeah, that sounds like an offer to me.

Hello,

Thanks..

Unbelievable????

I wouldn't consider it an official offer but more like a question. Now, if he/she had said in addition to that something like "If so, I'll take it." then THAT is an official offer. I often question sellers if they'll take a certain amount for an item but also state that :takeit: if they agree to that price. But once you said yes to that $100 asking price and they turned around and tried to get it even lower, now that's just downright wrong! :sumo:

Hello,

Thanks..

Unbelievable????

I wouldn't consider it an official offer but more like a question. Now, if he/she had said in addition to that something like "If so, I'll take it." then THAT is an official offer. I often question sellers if they'll take a certain amount for an item but also state that :takeit: if they agree to that price. But once you said yes to that $100 asking price and they turned around and tried to get it even lower, now that's just downright wrong! :sumo:

I agree with shark it is still more of a question...and I agree with his second part as well...and I agree with the third part as well...

And I say out the bas tid... :devil: We've been on a drama-drought the last couple of weeks... :insane:

Hello,

Thanks..

Unbelievable????

I agree with shark it is still more of a question...and I agree with his second part as well...and I agree with the third part as well...

And I say out the bas tid... :devil: We've been on a drama-drought the last couple of weeks... :insane:

not the first time this topic has come up

my question is

Why the HECK are people asking a seller if he will accept X amount unless it is an offer?

Hello,

Thanks..

Unbelievable????

not the first time this topic has come up

my question is

Why the HECK are people asking a seller if he will accept X amount unless it is an offer?

A very valid point. Personally, I wouldn't state something like that unless it WAS an official offer. But some people might just be seeing how low the seller will go. I don't think that's right (I know I wouldn't do it), but who's to say what the motives of the questioner are? Some people's heads are just not in the right place. :insane:

That's what I don't understand. WHY you ask someone if they will take a certain amount? I'm not playing 20 questions here. I am selling books.

My answer to the question was " you got it. Thanks" and I moved on.

Never would I think someone is testing the waters. Makes no sense to me. You either want the book for that amount or you don't.

Edited by faster friends

That's what I don't understand. WHY you ask someone if they will take a certain amount? I'm not playing 20 questions here. I am selling books.

My answer to the question was " you got it. Thanks" and I moved on.

Never would I think someone is testing the waters. Makes no sense to me. You either want the book for that amount or you don't.

Still you have to wait on them to reply back to confirm the sale.

Unfortunately you have to treat everyone like they're five years old. Because somewhere along the line you'll run across someone with social skills on that level.

I'd think it would imply an interest in making a purchase but I don't think it constitutes an official offer. I'd hope they would have the decency to at least thank you for responding and then following up with some direction as to their inclination to purchase, i.e. "Thanks for letting me know. I'm not ready to purchase yet, but I really like that issue and might be able to buy in the next week or two."

That's just me though. Not probation thread worthy but certainly lacking in some manners if no follow up comes through.

I'd think it would imply an interest in making a purchase but I don't think it constitutes an official offer. I'd hope they would have the decency to at least thank you for responding and then following up with some direction as to their inclination to purchase, i.e. "Thanks for letting me know. I'm not ready to purchase yet, but I really like that issue and might be able to buy in the next week or two."

That's just me though. Not probation thread worthy but certainly lacking in some manners if no follow up comes through.

The implication of a flat out request if the seller will accept with a dollar figure offered by the potential buyer is about 90% of the way to a firm offer. It's not like he said "what's the best discount you can give me?" and didn't like the answer. He came up with the number.

I don't think it's probation worthy either, but it's a bit of a move nonetheless.

The bolded section I quoted above is a total "blue balls" response and I don't know any seller that would feel good about getting it.